legal help wanted! Got a cease and desist call from Dunlop!

Started by Speeddemon, March 21, 2005, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachary vex

Quote from: Oliver
Quote from: zachary vex

are you the moderator at Musikding?

Hi Zachary,

YES - SIR !!

cu
Oliver

you'd do well to back off.

brad

Quote from: Speeddemon
and about not making a difference? I'll leave that to the satisfied MiG*Boost owners.  :roll:

You make that?  There's a HC Review that reveals the Mig Boost as a DOD250 with a clipping diode selector switch.

...and I don't see one on John Fruchante's pedalboard either.

Dirk_Hendrik

More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

Oliver

1)
you pretend that i did nothing new, and support the thieves who steal from me?  eat my dust.

2)
look at yourself... all smug with your forum of robin hoods.  not a single new idea in your heads.  nebbishes.  

3)
when you sleep with dogs, expect to wake with fleas, mr. musikding-a-ling.  8^)

Hi  :lol: ,

1)
did i pretend you did nothing new (now i got some words in to my mouth, but its OK - thats what a discussion is made for...=to talk about)
Who could steal from You?
some Questions answere themselfe  8)

2)
The DIY of Pedals for the most here is a new thing - as for me only since 2002..
To learn about circuits its the best way to build an existing Circuit and
play with it, to see, how it reacts. If You are someone who was born as an adult with al the needed knowledge of that, what You are doing now, You are very enviable! And in a matter of that we are nebbishes.
The same with leaning about Musik - Hear it, play some existing songs and begin to write own Songs.

3)
i dont sleep with my dog and he has no fleas - only some ticks in his fur  :lol:

I wonder myself - finding so much FuzzFace, Tonebender, Tubescreamer and BigMuff Threads not only in the MusikdingForum...

.... That's like the pot calling the kettle black .....

Dont be afraid Zachary - no one here from Us would make a drastic business for/against  You  :wink:
We just are happy about our small clonings and play out Guitar with a smile on our faces that we didnt pay 250.- $US for a simple Boostcircuit  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

bye
Oliver
Only dead Fishes go with the flow... >-))))-°>

brad

Quote from: Dirk_Hendrikreally :shock:

Make one yourself, the review says it all:

"basically, a clone of the DOD 250 with a toggleswitch to select between symmetrical LED clipping and asymmetrical Si/Ge clipping. Actually, the toggleswitch selects between a 1N4001 Si diode and a 1n34a Ge diode on the one side, and 2 green 5mm LEDs on the other side, and it has a TL071 opamp"

James P

Is the moon in a different position or something - maybe that would explain why people are getting so aggresive.

Zach - i've always respected and appreciated your comments, humour and help, especially your enthusiasm towards new ideas and methods, and I can't rate your products highly enough, but to resort to petty arguments
Quote... i have affected modern music
man what gives?

I don't agree with straight copying of current production pedals either, but to some people it's a way in to learning and devloping ideas themselves. How many people started off by making a Big Muff or Fuzz Face pedals (pretty generic schematics) and have now evolved into pushing their own ideas forward?

Peace and love

James P
If i'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer...

Oliver

i really cant see Your actual Problem Zachary.
Its only, that not everyone is in an complete agreement with You.
Is that Your Problem, that you cant talk about some ineffectual things?

I know the thread goes way off topic, but its not unimportantly to
talk about it (i think)

another point, that in the Musikding and much other Forums (even here?)
new Circuits are rare is, that not everyone perhaps like to make his
inventions for public use (going to make a profit with it??)

And the fact that im a moderator of another forum is a reason for You that
i back off ?

Is that a public opinion?

greetings
Oliver

zachary vex

Quote from: James PIs the moon in a different position or something - maybe that would explain why people are getting so aggresive.

Zach - i've always respected and appreciated your comments, humour and help, especially your enthusiasm towards new ideas and methods, and I can't rate your products highly enough, but to resort to petty arguments
Quote... i have affected modern music
man what gives?

I don't agree with straight copying of current production pedals either, but to some people it's a way in to learning and devloping ideas themselves. How many people started off by making a Big Muff or Fuzz Face pedals (pretty generic schematics) and have now evolved into pushing their own ideas forward?

Peace and love

James P

read my posts more carefully.  copying current-production pedals for profit.

StephenGiles

This is getting a bit like a school playground. I agree with Zach, you should design something new, then perhaps some of us won't get so bored with yet another fuzz box
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

zachary vex

Quote from: Oliver

i really cant see Your actual Problem Zachary.
Its only, that not everyone is in an complete agreement with You.
Is that Your Problem, that you cant talk about some ineffectual things?

I know the thread goes way off topic, but its not unimportantly to
talk about it (i think)

another point, that in the Musikding and much other Forums (even here?)
new Circuits are rare is, that not everyone perhaps like to make his
inventions for public use (going to make a profit with it??)

And the fact that im a moderator of another forum is a reason for You that
i back off ?

Is that a public opinion?

greetings
Oliver

i can only hope that more forumites here visit your forum and translate every post carefully to see what it is you really support.

James P

Quoteread my posts more carefully. copying current-production pedals for profit.

I was going to write that!! but thought I wouldn't as my post applies to the design something new bit as well. I meant that sometimes the only way to know where you're going is to look to the past, that's how I felt when starting out.

Hope this clears it up.

James P

Oliver

[quote="zachary vex] i can only hope that more forumites here visit your forum and translate every post carefully to see what it is you really support.[/quote]

its another missunderstanding....

Yes we not only talk about Transistors, Caps and whole circuits.

We discuss about other builders and their Products (about You and others)
And there are discussions about compareable circuits and in the matter of that there are always questions about who may used which circuit.
But we discuss in another way - not only on the facts - in the way friends talk to each other when they meet to have fun.

Some people reengineered the Tubescreamer or Distortion Plus, Fulltone Fulldrive (and everyone hunts after those circuits/schems).
why should you make a difference??? sorry for that direct question, but everytime someone asked for a ZVEX schem here, he gots no answere, or was rejected with his question.

Whats the difference between ZVEX, Fulltone, Ibanez/Maxon, Dunlop and Boss and the many other FX Builders?? that some schems of builders could be shared and others not?

bye
Oliver

puretube

FYI: http://diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=31279

James P: it`s the Ides of March...

Mr. Vex a.o.: after Frankfurt, I`ll try to do some translation...

currently I`m out of time (even to read all of this...)

already spent too much time on forums :cry:

Tuemmueh

Hi folks.

Man, what a discussion.
First, I'm also from musikding ... but i don't think that this is very important.

i agree with both of you, oliver and zachary.
it IS important to create new things! And 1:1-copying is not that creative, that's a fact.
But i think copying is not that bad as you call it. Copying and earn money with it is very unpolite and i don't support this. But Zachary, i don't want to attack you (!), but have you never copied an existing circuit? Or have you never been influenced by something existing? I think it's my right (yes, it IS!) to copy any circuit i want to. But if i want to earn money with it, it's neither legal nor fair.

So, that's my opinion and this is no offense to anyone!

btw: i know what oliver really supports, don't worry about this, zak

James P

QuoteJames P: it`s the Ides of March...

Ah that would explain it Puretube!!!

Looks like you've been busy.

Nice flowers - I love spring, my favourite time of year.

James P

zachary vex

Quote from: Oliver[quote="zachary vex] i can only hope that more forumites here visit your forum and translate every post carefully to see what it is you really support.

its another missunderstanding....

Yes we not only talk about Transistors, Caps and whole circuits.

We discuss about other builders and their Products (about You and others)
And there are discussions about compareable circuits and in the matter of that there are always questions about who may used which circuit.
But we discuss in another way - not only on the facts - in the way friends talk to each other when they meet to have fun.

Some people reengineered the Tubescreamer or Distortion Plus, Fulltone Fulldrive (and everyone hunts after those circuits/schems).
why should you make a difference??? sorry for that direct question, but everytime someone asked for a ZVEX schem here, he gots no answere, or was rejected with his question.

Whats the difference between ZVEX, Fulltone, Ibanez/Maxon, Dunlop and Boss and the many other FX Builders?? that some schems of builders could be shared and others not?

bye
Oliver[/quote]

you must choose whether or not to steal from those who are making a living from their own hard work and creativity.  your choice is your own.

Tuemmueh

you must choose whether or not to steal from those who are making a living from their own hard work and creativity.  your choice is your own.  you are the moderator of that forum.  you must live with your choices forever.  think about it.

But: I could never buy me a real Fuzz Factory. I don't have that money. So if i build me one i can't damage your business because if i wouldn't build it, i nevertheless would buy my an original because i CAN'T buy me one.

And modding an existing fuzz to a factory isn't the most creative thing... I think you know that.

zachary vex

Quote from: Tuemmueh
you must choose whether or not to steal from those who are making a living from their own hard work and creativity.  your choice is your own.  you are the moderator of that forum.  you must live with your choices forever.  think about it.

But: I could never buy me a real Fuzz Factory. I don't have that money. So if i build me one i can't damage your business because if i wouldn't build it, i nevertheless would buy my an original because i CAN'T buy me one.

And modding an existing fuzz to a factory isn't the most creative thing... I think you know that.

and as long as you don't sell it for a profit, what harm have you done?  8^)

Tuemmueh

That's my point: I did no harm to anyone (only to some resistors, but i thinks thats okay ;))

Johan

Quote from: Tuemmueh

..no, but if you put it in a strikingly similar box and then sell it to someone else, you might...and wasnt that what this thread was about?...

Johan
DON'T PANIC