News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Vero layouts added

Started by RLBJR65, March 27, 2005, 01:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RLBJR65

I hope everyone is enjoying these layouts! Torchy and Dragonfly have done an amazing number of them :shock: :D  A lot of other guys have done some very nice layouts too!

These are not only good for building effects, they are also great for building your circuit tracing skills. Trace them out and draw up your own schematic then compare. You'll be tracing every pedal you own in no time :D

I added some very usefull tools, R.G. Keens Germanium transistor and Jfet matching testers. www.geofex.com The Tech. pages on R.G.'s site should be a must read for everyone! Another neat little transistor tester of unknown origin. I have not drawn up a good schem. for the unknown tester but will post soon. A couple of effects, John Hollis Crash sync. and Brian May treble booster actually added BMTB last week.

Most are untested so please let me know if you see any errors or can confirm a layout.

Also posted more Vero layout tools it's almost impossible to cover every component but will keep adding common stuff.

http://aronnelson.com/gallery/
Richard Boop

RLBJR65

:oops: Double post, don't know how I did that :?:
Richard Boop

petemoore

Good Stuff !!!
 That transistor tester looks really good, the hfe checker on mine is very hard to use...the thing I made...a socket for the transistor and long enough solid core leads to touch inside to the DMM hfe socket lugs [way down in there for some reason]...is rather a paing...it's bent again...haven't checked transistors for a while as a result.
 Jfet Matcher looks sure fire...as far as easy to get right the first time, actually all these little Vero Layouts look EZ to do.
 I wonder how many Jfet stages can be put on one Veroboard.
 I was thinkin a two board vero phazer...each board with standoffs mounted on both sides of a grounded and insulated sheet of copper...maybe a hole or two in the ground plane for board 1 to board 2 connections, then at least it could be done on Vero, and might make for tight box layouts.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

RLBJR65

Thanks, Pete. My meter has the same problem. I cut up an IC socket with long leeds and stick that in the meter. Works great!

The vero layouts are pretty easy to do with discrete components, kind of a pain with IC's though, they end up being big with lots of jumpers. The boards I get are 6" X 4", don't know how many holes but there are 35 strips so you should be able to build about anything you want on it.
Richard Boop