Dean Hazelwanters Mobius Trip Looper build questions

Started by optimus_prime_1985, April 25, 2005, 08:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delaystomper

hi i have started this project and have all the parts and pcb , my problem is the offboard wiring, im not sure were to go at this point , is the layout posted above verefied and confirmed ? and the wiring for the connectors , does someone have  a layout that i can use ?
please help out this rookie!!! i have the need to finish this great project already ...
thank you ..

p.s has there been any updates on mods , or fixes for this projects if so could anyone point me to the right directions
thanks agian...

stanimal

hey there,
i'm in the process of building one of these as well... and i think a lot of the confusion lies in the translation between the build instructions on GGG and the addition of footswitches.... i found as i was building mine that if i plugged the wires from the IN and OUT on the board directly to the in and out jacks for the pedal, that it worked fine using the on/on switches to control it..... when i wanted to add the footswitches, i had to reroute the IN and OUT wires to go through the switches first, then to the jacks..... make sense? 

when it does get working (it will, just don't give up) it really is one of the top three coolest builds i've ever done and a blast to mess around with

Thanks DEAN!!

If at some point i have time (and learn how to draw with my computer) i will do a wiring diagram for the whole kit.... TBD.....

Dean Hazelwanter

QuoteThanks DEAN!!

No, thank you! Since so many people seem to have had problems with this project, I was tempted to ask JD to remove it from GGG. I guess if someone is finding it useful, I'll leave it up.

delaystomper

thank you Dean and Stanimal !! you think a wiring drawing woul help a bunch .. in the mean time you think that i can try using the wiring layout above to get it going ..
thanks for the replys..

delaystomper

hi everyone .. Has anybody build the möbius trip looper recently that can provide some more pics , layout  and pointers !!!

stanimal

sorry delaystomper, i've been slammed at work and haven't had my weekends free to get down to business of mapping this thing out.... hopefully this weekend i will have time......

delaystomper

Hello everyone !!! I just finished building the möbius trip looper
I had all the build parts i put them  togeather but wired the off board in my breadboard according to idiot savant's
Footswitch layout , and it worked !! Its kind off noisy and gainy im not sure if its my breadboard or that how Is ment to sound. Maybe one of you guys who has build it can tell me I would like to know .
Also it's  not true bypass like mentioned but once it's running and  you start playing
You forget about the none true vs true bypass .. !!! It's  a great project , thank you Dean , idiot savant and stanimal !!

delaystomper

sure i will post some pics as soon as i get off my iphone ,, lot of wire though i hope they are helpful
i thought it would be a hard project to do but i guess it wasnt .

matgil

except the 3 eletrolytic caps, the remaining caps is all polyester?