News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

3 LEDs

Started by mindcapsule, June 21, 2005, 10:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mindcapsule

Hi,

This is sort of a second part of a question I had asked a while back.  My apologies if it seems redundant and stupid as the answer is probably and easy one.:oops:

I’m modifying my phase pedal so I will have an additional 3PDT to select between two phase rates, one being a pot and the other no resistance for the fastest setting.  This part I have completed.

My question is regarding the LEDs.  What I’d like to do is in addition to having the effect/power indicator LED, I’d like to have an LED for each rate setting selected via the 3PDT footswitch.   So there would be a total of 3LEDs in all.  Can I just connect power to the unused pole of the 3PDT switch and then connect an LED to each corresponding throw and then connect to ground?  Or is there a better way?

Thanks,
Robert
Mind Capsule
www.myspace.com/mindcapsulemusic

Alex C

The way you described sounds fine.  Just connect the 9V power lead to the center lug of the (until now) unused pole, and connect the other two lugs to their respective LEDs.  The LEDs can be connected at the other end, and placed in series with a current limiting resistor (anywhere from 1k to about 3.3k) to ground, as in this diagram:

You could give each LED its own resistor, if they are of differing types and need a different resistor to achieve optimal brightness.

It sounds like you've already got a good grasp of this.  Switch position one (top lugs) selects your first phase rate, and lights LED 1.  Switch position two (bottom lugs) selects the second phase rate, and lights LED 2.  

Good luck!

mindcapsule

Thanks Alex, especially for the drawing!!

Robert
Mind Capsule
www.myspace.com/mindcapsulemusic