request: dd-6 hicut mod

Started by spacedog, June 21, 2005, 12:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacedog

hi
i´m looking for the dd-6 hicut mod. maybe anyone can post a (more or less) detailed description on how to perform this.

all i found on this topic is this

QuotePostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: dd-5 mods
by donald stringer

I have been waiting for some info. on this pedal. I have had it apart for two weeks. You can do the hi-cut mod on the dd-5 on the back of the blend control. I thought 1uf was a little dark though,a .22 suited me but to have a choice in the matter and not have to drill any hole in the pedal I soldered the wires onto the back of the blend control and ran them out the output jack [file a tiny notch to accomadate the wires and I will mout an external switch to choose between the two. It works just fine.

i´m sorry but i don´t really understand where to solder the wires exactly. maybe someone can give me a hint.

thanks!

.gert

wampcat1

Hi Spacedog - unfortunately it doesn't work on the dd6 -- I've tried both the effect level and the feedback pot. I do recall seeing someone post the basics of it -- I believe it was Mark Hammer. You might pm him to see, or look up his previous posts with the search phrase "dd-6"

AnalogMike has one, he may tell you the how-to. It's on my (ever growing) to do list, when I get around to it, I'll post it here.

Hope that helps! :)

Thanks,
Brian

7XL

I, too, am looking for info on performing this mod myself. I could probably figure it out if I could find a schematic for a DD-6. I did read on some other site that it involves a resistor and not a capacitor as in the DD-3/DD-5 mod. If I fnd any more info on this, I'll be sure to keep you updated.

tmuka

Quote from: wampcat1 on June 21, 2005, 05:29:44 PM
unfortunately it doesn't work on the dd6 -- I've tried both the effect level and the feedback pot.

I tried putting caps on the level and feedback pots too with no success...