Phaseur Fleur - adjustment problems

Started by ethrbunny, July 15, 2005, 09:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethrbunny

I built the full-on p-fleur with 2 extra LFOs and the wave shaper mod. It makes some pretty odd sounds but its not really what I was expecting from a phaser. I went through the 'tweaking' process as described on the commonsound board and didn't get the correct results. (IE when it says "do (a) and (b) will occur" it often didn't.) The basic phasing sound is there but the samples on the site are much nicer than what Im getting.

Issues:

1)my 'height' and 'depth' pots don't do much to the sound except reduce the phasing. The effect is the same from either pot.
2)the 'ring' seems to jump v quickly from no sound to the siren squeal.

Ive twiddled at great length with the internal setting of both 'ring' and 'height' and I can't seem to find a good location.

If anyone has gotten this box to work satisfactorily Id love to hear what you did.

Thanks.
--- Dharma Desired
"Life on the steep part of the learning curve"

britt-stinker

Quote from: ethrbunnyI built the full-on p-fleur with 2 extra LFOs and the wave shaper mod. It makes some pretty odd sounds but its not really what I was expecting from a phaser. I went through the 'tweaking' process as described on the commonsound board and didn't get the correct results. (IE when it says "do (a) and (b) will occur" it often didn't.) The basic phasing sound is there but the samples on the site are much nicer than what Im getting.

Issues:

1)my 'height' and 'depth' pots don't do much to the sound except reduce the phasing. The effect is the same from either pot.
2)the 'ring' seems to jump v quickly from no sound to the siren squeal.

Ive twiddled at great length with the internal setting of both 'ring' and 'height' and I can't seem to find a good location.

If anyone has gotten this box to work satisfactorily Id love to hear what you did.

Thanks.

Sorry I can't help you. But I hope you can help me. Where did you get the CdS sells and rectangel leds from?

Thanks

ethrbunny

CDS: http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G15177&variation=&aitem=22&mitem=29

I got the square LEDs from a local distributor. The ones that goldmine sells are too big. You might poke around on digikey. Mouser doesn't sell them anymore. Good luck with this!
--- Dharma Desired

ethrbunny

D'oh!

Mouser doesn't sell the CDS bits.. sorry. The LEDs are (obviously) not a problem.
--- Dharma Desired