Need a stable, pot controlled, oscillator

Started by John Egerton, July 25, 2005, 02:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Egerton

Hey guys...

After retiring my fuzz factory from my rig I was wondering if anyone had a circuit that would give me something whereby I could generate a tone, with its pitch being dictated by a pot. Sound should go from fairly deep and low to a non-ear piercing high.

this would mean that i could get on my knees when on stage and manipulate this to my needs...

thanks

john
Save a cow... Eat a Vegetarian.........

jmusser

I don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for, but Tim Escobedo's "Ugly Face" and "PWM" will both do that. The upper frequencies can go almost out of hering, so you'd have to make a mark as to where you'd want the pot to stop. They are Fuzz pedals, but both have free running oscillator features which you can hear on his "Circuit Snippets" page. There is even a mod to the Ugly Face floating around that will alow you to have a sort of "bagpipe" drone in the background while you're playing. I believe the post says something like "Ugly Face Mods Here In". He has a sound sample of that too.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".