Two Switches in One?

Started by gerkear, July 26, 2005, 10:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerkear

Is there such thing as a Push button switch with two separate switches in it?  For example if you activate the push button switch, two separate switches in the packaging will open or close.

Does this make sense?

cd

Yup, you can even use the blue 3PDT that aron sells, there are THREE switches inside!!!!!

petemoore

Two 'outputs' for each 'input'...or SPDT, the middle lug connects to one or the other of the outer lugs, one at a time please, depending upon switch 'position', with a closed body switch you pretty much have to get the DMM out find 'position' which alternates with every pushbutton depression.
 DPDT is two of these SPDT's side by side, actuated simultaneously.
 3PDT adds 'another row' [of 3 lugs] which is a 3rd SPST. 3PDT's 'look' the same because of the 'tic tac toe' lug arrangement, with the lugs facing you, unless you can identify the lug assignments from experience [the lug 'loopholes' face a certain way] a DMM should be used to orient the switch, as you're looking at the lugs, so that it's internal routing can be 'viewed', creating a map of the 3PDT blue switch arrangement helped me to remember how to wire them [with the lugs facing you, the switch may or may not have to be turned 1/4 turn].
 I look through lug 'loopholes' to find 'north'.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

gerkear

Thanks all for the help.  Yeah I drew out the 3PDT out on paper and what I'm doing it's PERFECT!  Thanks much!  Maybe I'll post my awesome simple pedal.