News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ripthorn

Reply #10000!!  Great work to everyone.  Awesome builds.
Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

MikeH

"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

biggy boy

If this keeps up there will be pedal burning gatherings down in the Bible Belt :icon_cry:

choklitlove

as per my last "boob" post - i WAS joking, but halfway...  i think it's something that people should consider when posting here, just like we always try to be civil toward eachother.  not that i do, but many people could easily be offended by senseless nudity in a community that has nothing to do with it.  i didn't mean to start any arguments, but i suppose it's valid.

links work just as well and don't cause anyone any problems.  that's cool with everyone, right?
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

Thomeeque

Quote from: choklitlove on July 22, 2009, 01:02:46 PM
as per my last "boob" post - i WAS joking, but halfway...  i think it's something that people should consider when posting here, just like we always try to be civil toward eachother.  not that i do, but many people could easily be offended by senseless nudity in a community that has nothing to do with it.

So it's not longer branch of Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n' Roll comunity here? ;)

Quote from: choklitlove on July 22, 2009, 01:02:46 PM
  i didn't mean to start any arguments, but i suppose it's valid.

links work just as well and don't cause anyone any problems.  that's cool with everyone, right?

Well, when you go thru new pages of this thread for overview, do you check all non-pics posts? - Now you will have to, if you will want to be sure that you are not missing some interesting picture..

No problem to respect it (especially with "graphics" I use on my pedals ;)), but I find it strongly ridiculous, sorry..

T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

aChorusofJays

Back on topic...

I just finished another build, which was a series of firsts for me. First Fuzz. First Raco box. First Perf-Board.

I'm really happy with the sound of this beast! Goes from heavy-distortion to Nintendo, and if I unplug my guitar I get radio! Can't beat that.

I'm having the most fun rocking this after my Whammy, working the harmonies to get some 8-bit sounds. For some reason, if if the fuzz is before the Whammy in the chain, the Whammy tames it considerably (maybe - voltage?). This should be a lot of fun to work with in my band as I'm doing some DJ-Whammy-HipHop stuff, and brings out some heavily gated synth-sounding parts.

The FUZZ

My First Gut-Shot

My friend commented that my wiring job looks like those toys you see in waiting rooms at the dentists office. The ones with the wooden beads on the multi-colored wires...  :icon_rolleyes:

BDuguay

Maybe you should consider fulfiling the whole visual by putting random ferrite beads on your wires :icon_wink:
B.

GREEN FUZ

Going back off topic for a moment; if I was at work doing anything else but working, I would be constantly watching out to ensure my boss didn`t catch me actually, not working. Just a tip  ;).

aziltz

Quote from: GREEN FUZ on July 22, 2009, 03:14:33 PM
Going back off topic for a moment; if I was at work doing anything else but working, I would be constantly watching out to ensure my boss didn`t catch me actually, not working. Just a tip  ;).

thats right, respect the boobies.  don't ogle at work.

staying on topic though, heres a timmy I made.  sounds great with a 4558.

here's a whole album of it:  http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q18/aziltz/Shortbus%20-%20PaulC%20Timmy/

don't worry, its safe for work!   ;)

appliancide

My second build, Magnus Modulus aka Taco Echo:

Seen here with its prototype enclosure:

roseblood11

wow, that´s cool! Is it the moon or a lemon ? :D

off topic: I´ll put the statue of bigotry on my next pedal!

azrael

^^is that taco pooping ice cream? niiice.

Zero

Quote from: omarvolta on July 21, 2009, 11:25:44 AM

Very nice gut-work!
How did you attach the PCB? With velcro to the pots?

Zero

Quote from: kurtlives on July 21, 2009, 02:12:35 PM
Nah, was listening to Smashing Pumpkins - Bodies.

"The tired bodies stand at rest.... casualties of their own flesh .. afflicted by their dispossession"
Something like that, right?  ;)

Brings back nice memories of when I was 16 and melancholic ... awesome band!

Just1More

I've had a week off work and finally got some builds finished off:

Liquid Sunshine

Guts:

Stay tuned, more coming soon...

Just1More

Part 2

Barber Silver LTD.

I decided to mount the trimmers as externally.  I don't think I'll be tweaking it too much, but it's better than having to open it up to make changes.

I'm sure every build I do is messier than the previous (on the inside at least) ...  ???  Something not right about this.

Thomeeque

Quote from: Just1More on July 23, 2009, 05:44:18 AM
I decided to mount the trimmers as externally.  I don't think I'll be tweaking it too much, but it's better than having to open it up to make changes.

Cool! :icon_exclaim:
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

fuzzo

can you post the schematic you used ? I can't see it under the pedal.

Cool pedal !

~arph

Use search, or go to barber electronics website...

Just1More

Quote from: fuzzo on July 23, 2009, 07:14:47 AM
can you post the schematic you used ? I can't see it under the pedal.

Cool pedal !

Thanks.  Here's the schematics.

Liquid Sunshine schematic

Barber Silver LTD schematic