News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobp1339

Here is my FET distortion, using 2 2N5457 and 1 J201. It's got a nice ballsy distortion.
I designed it to drop a lot of the treble to keep the distortion sounding tight and not harsh.

"I love the smell of solder in the morning..."

...Bazz Fuss, EA Trem, Ross Comp, MXR Env Filter, Orange Squeezer, custom bass preamp...
http://chindigband.com

aziltz

i love me some FET drive.  Perhaps you'll share a schematic?

pedmands

Custom etch for a member of another forum:

These are not the final knobs, they're just to show size. The actual owner has the original knobs waiting to be reunited with the pedal.

solderman

Quote from: jacobyjd on November 18, 2009, 09:18:11 AM
Jeremy, it's not often that I hear a sound clip that I want to hear again because the playing is so nice. Despite seeming to lack fixed meter or direction (i.e. it's not a song, it's a sound sample), That was ear-pleasing. Nice chops!

The fuzz sounds glorious. Well done.

YES
This is why I don't like Ge (or Si) Fuzzboxes, I can't use them cause my playing skills do not match up tho the task. I believe that all the blown out of all proportion mojo talk of all the Ge/Si Carbon resistors or NOS paper caps all boil down to that the Fuzz is a beast to tame.  The ones who can gets a the good groove sound, me and the rest don't. No matter what NOS Ge transistors we are using.

Jeremy, You certainly do, both technically and musically. A pleasure to my ears

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/rousejeremy/audio/Germanium+Fuzz.mp3.html
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

Taylor

Quote from: pedmands on November 21, 2009, 02:15:08 AM

Hmm... Not sure how I feel about that. Using somebody else's trade dress is a little weird to me...

aziltz

Quote from: Taylor on November 21, 2009, 02:49:53 AM

Hmm... Not sure how I feel about that. Using somebody else's trade dress is a little weird to me...

he made it sound like it was a rehouse.  "original knobs waiting to be reunited"

pedmands

Quote from: Taylor on November 21, 2009, 02:49:53 AM

Sheesh.  :icon_rolleyes:

Does it ease your conscience knowing that I had help from Marc?

Slade

pedmands, that's a good design.
A tip: You should use nail enamel for the parts without design to protect them and avoid those dots over the flat surface while the etch work ;)

pedmands

Quote from: Slade on November 21, 2009, 10:58:40 AM
pedmands, that's a good design.
A tip: You should use nail enamel for the parts without design to protect them and avoid those dots over the flat surface while the etch work ;)

That's a good idea. I was using model enamel, but it didn't do that great a job and became a little eaten-at from the etchant.

Taylor

Quote from: pedmands on November 21, 2009, 10:53:11 AM
Sheesh.  :icon_rolleyes:

Yeah, I guess if he ok'd it, no harm.

I have no personal allegiance to Skreddy or any other effect company, it just seems a little weird when people copy somebody else's work down to the name and logo. It's also completely illegal, but nobody cares about that in the pedal building world, obviously.

pedmands

Quote from: Taylor on November 21, 2009, 02:00:45 PM
Quote from: pedmands on November 21, 2009, 10:53:11 AM
Sheesh.  :icon_rolleyes:

Yeah, I guess if he ok'd it, no harm.

I have no personal allegiance to Skreddy or any other effect company, it just seems a little weird when people copy somebody else's work down to the name and logo. It's also completely illegal, but nobody cares about that in the pedal building world, obviously.

It's housing a Skreddy Screwdriver, and technically a derivative in a different medium. ;)

Besides, I'm pretty sure no builder cares much what you do with your own pedal after paying full price for it (except for cloning and selling it, of course), provided you're aware that it voids any warranty.

aziltz

Run Off Groove ODIE

juansolo

Elunium PU36 Explosive Space Modulator

TE Ugly Face + LFO. For destruction of planets.

Dr Daffy

It's a ROG Nurse Quacky. Messy interior as it had to come apart a few times before we sorted why it wasn't working properly.

rousejeremy

Thanks Solderman. ;D That means a lot to me, I love your builds.

Quote from: solderman on November 21, 2009, 02:46:44 AM
Quote from: jacobyjd on November 18, 2009, 09:18:11 AM
Jeremy, it's not often that I hear a sound clip that I want to hear again because the playing is so nice. Despite seeming to lack fixed meter or direction (i.e. it's not a song, it's a sound sample), That was ear-pleasing. Nice chops!

The fuzz sounds glorious. Well done.

YES
This is why I don't like Ge (or Si) Fuzzboxes, I can't use them cause my playing skills do not match up tho the task. I believe that all the blown out of all proportion mojo talk of all the Ge/Si Carbon resistors or NOS paper caps all boil down to that the Fuzz is a beast to tame.  The ones who can gets a the good groove sound, me and the rest don't. No matter what NOS Ge transistors we are using.

Jeremy, You certainly do, both technically and musically. A pleasure to my ears

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/rousejeremy/audio/Germanium+Fuzz.mp3.html

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

Fuzzy-Train

Didn't post these ones yet.

TP phase 90 in a wah shell.

2ube Screamers in 1. The GGG board has the boutique mods as well as switches for bass boost, asym clipping, and diode to LED clipping. It's very high gain and can get pretty fuzzy.
The other one is low to medium gain with switches for TS9 to 808, and asym clipping.

THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

elshiftos

A dual channel BSIAB2 in a 1590NI!

Two sets of gain and volume pots, a common tone control and a dual colour 'channel' LED of course  :)
I was concerned that with all these signals running around the box, and through the same footswitch, there would be the risk of instability and feedback. I used small gauge screened cable for the input signal path and it all seems to work just fine - no squeals!

The knobs are aluminium collet from Farnell in the UK. Quite nice but the pot shafts have to be cut rather short.

I may get around to doing some lettering....

Not the greatest wiring in the world, but it'll do.

Slade

Excellent building!  :o
Congrats!

aziltz

Another recent build, the BYOC Flanger.  The future owner wasn't sure what color knob to go with so I gave him options.

I used Rust-oleum Blue-Silver Hammertone and Dry Transfers for the Lettering.  Finish it up with clear coat.

Bass Tuning mods suggested by Keith as well as the MN3208 in the second slot.

Anyway, this was not a hard method to label.  It's easy to UNDO as well.  The letters will come up with tape until they've been clear coated.

Pre-Stereo Jack and LED Gut Shot.

p_wats

Wow. These are some great builds! Very impressive and ambitious. Here's my latest: Volkswagen Phase 45 (Phase 45 with mix pot and vibe switch).

The "enclosure" is a little shallow, so I coated the bottom in electrical tape just in case...

connie_c

Quote from: elshiftos on November 22, 2009, 09:03:04 PM
A dual channel BSIAB2 in a 1590NI!

Two sets of gain and volume pots, a common tone control and a dual colour 'channel' LED of course  :)
I was concerned that with all these signals running around the box, and through the same footswitch, there would be the risk of instability and feedback. I used small gauge screened cable for the input signal path and it all seems to work just fine - no squeals!

The knobs are aluminium collet from Farnell in the UK. Quite nice but the pot shafts have to be cut rather short.

I may get around to doing some lettering....

Not the greatest wiring in the world, but it'll do.

What enclosure is that?Looks larger than the usual.