News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: boog on September 26, 2010, 06:30:44 PM
ya'll probly gonna be a bit critical of my spaghetti wiring, but it works! it's the beavis audio 4 knob rat with the ruetz mod to both resistors in the feedback loop.

Bottom line is that it works.... Right?  8)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Barcode80

Haven't posted a pic for my last few builds, mainly because I forget to take them. Here is a muff I made for myself :)

deadastronaut

@barcode80

nice...one question though!...isnt that led in danger of being pushed through..
ive seen that on a few pedals without the bezel ,it looks a bit easy to bust...?..or am i missing something?.. :icon_mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Barcode80

You'd have to be the biggest klutz ever, especially on this particular pedal. That's a 3mm, and in order for you to step on it you'd have to hit the switch hard enough to bust it open on the bottom. If the LED is in a more prone position, I'll usually reinforce it with super glue and liquid tape, but in this case the danger is pretty much nill.

I think a lot of people overestimate the abuse a pedal takes, or should take. Sometimes I wonder what in the world people are doing to their pedals!  :)

jkokura

Go on a bar/club tour in western Canada/United States, then you'll know what a pedal will take and won't. I haven't done so, but I remember a buddy buying all new pedals before a 3 month tour, I think like 45 gigs or something around that, and when he got back, all 6 pedals he had needed repairs. Looked like they'd been to Nam.

Jacob

Slade

I like that one, barcode! Nice one.

Here's one from me: Flashback Delay Mowat Edition in a 1290B!

And here's a sample I recorded with Flashback Delay and Fuzz Factory Clone:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3565959/Flashback%20%2B%20Fuzz%20Factory.mp3

Regards,
Fernando.-

John Lyons

Looks nice Fernando!
Do you have a link or info on the flashback?
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

eniacmike

It was a pretty tight fit, next time I would use a 125b.

boog

@govmnt - yup, works just fine!

ShortScaleMike

More weekend output:

JohnnyB

Hey everyone, my first time posting here, thx to all the contributors of this amazing forum.  :icon_biggrin:
My EA Tremolo built from the GGG layout.
Built into a DIY enclosure made from an old PC case.

Nikolay

Hi, guys, this is one simple power supply unit. I just finish them.

I use 3 transformers. Each give me 2x12VAC.

and what's inside:

There is an output 220V connector for other units.

Niki

sst4270

Johnny B, Nice job.

ct63366

First Build. Ibanez Tube Screamer Clone.

Fuzz Pedal I'm workin on now.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: ct63366 on September 28, 2010, 05:21:04 PM
First Build. Ibanez Tube Screamer Clone.

Fuzz Pedal I'm workin on now.

Very nice work. What are you using to clear coat the enclosures? It looks like you put SEVERAL coats on them.  :o
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

ct63366

Rustoleum Clear Coat Enamel. Yes about 7 or 8 coats. It might be a bit much though.

JohnnyB

Another of my pedals, this time a Stage Center Reverb with charge pump from GGG.
Made for an old reverb tank I pulled from an old amp.
Again in one of my diy enclosures bent from an old PC case.

Taylor

Those boxes are cool, JohnnyB. I wish I had a press brake or whatever kind of thing you'd use for that.

JohnnyB

Hey Taylor, no special tools, just 2 blocks of wood and a vice.
I must post somes pics sometime on the process I follow.
I find it really rewarding to be able to make an enclosure out of scrap.
The best thing is you can build it to any size you need and I also save money as it's expensive shipping enclosures to South Africa.

Taylor

I would love to see a tutorial, even if it's crude. That metal looks fairly thick though. I am a super-scronny girly-man, so bending metal ala The Hulk might be beyond my abilities.