News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazerphea

Quote from: Slade on October 08, 2010, 01:37:03 PM
This thread keeps going better and better... John, tuckster, darron, eniacmike, ShortScaleMike, Lazerphea, etc... your builds looks great, guys, congratulations!! :icon_biggrin:
Regards,
Fernando.-

It is an honour for me to receive such words of appreciation by you, Slade! Thank you very much, your builds are always top notch!!

Pigyboy

Big Knobber No.3
NPN MKII Professional
I hope I can rate with all of the latest posts.  Nice work everyone.
Cheers,
Chris
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

tuckster

Quote from: lazerphea on October 08, 2010, 05:00:15 PM
This thread keeps going better and better... John, tuckster, darron, eniacmike, ShortScaleMike, Lazerphea, etc... your builds looks great, guys, congratulations!! :icon_biggrin:
Regards,
Fernando.-

It is an honour for me to receive such words of appreciation by you, Slade! Thank you very much, your builds are always top notch!!

+1
It's always nice to read compliments :D

Guys the last few pictures are awesome :)

Is there a rule which wires should be shielded wires?
Chris uses them from the jack to the switch. Some other guys uses them from switch to PCB.

~tuck
  • SUPPORTER

Valoosj

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Labaris

hahahaaaa  :D
which one is the pedal? I'm confused...  :icon_lol:
A long way is the sum of small steps.

Toney

Poster art Jesus, for my brother in law who collects kitsch Jesus images.
No offense to any religious types.

Still waiting for some M2 screws for the switches. For some reason they are hard to find. I'll swing past a big store that specializes in bolts next week.

It's a Hearthrob trem on Vero.

Toney

Oh, I have been meaning to get around to posting this method for mounting too.
It's just window trim which can be bought be the meter/yard for a dollar or two from most hardware stores. It glues easily with a decent sized footprint to the aluminium - use Araldite a two-part epoxy adhesive. Seems to do the trick.
I usually just drill the board and screw it straight on but in this case the board had absolutely no room left for mounting as it was originally made to slot in to a different enclosure. So I dug out a few millimeters to fit the edges of the board exactly and then cut some plastic flanges.
Basic but strong and effective.

Pigyboy

Quote from: tuckster on October 08, 2010, 05:45:57 PM
Regards,
Fernando.-

+1
It's always nice to read compliments :D

Guys the last few pictures are awesome :)

Is there a rule which wires should be shielded wires?
Chris uses them from the jack to the switch. Some other guys uses them from switch to PCB.

~tuck
I usually use it for jack to switch and switch to board but I only had a bit so I copied John's last (beautiful) build and used it for just jack to switch.
Hi Slade,
Can we see the inside of your Crystal Clear? BTW - Amazing box - How long does it take you to make one?
cheers to all,
Chris
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

John Lyons

Rod
So if I follow you, what you have there is a small block of wood on each side of the board
as a stand-off correct? I have used that method as well. Epoxy and a clean abraided surface
and it's going to last. Let me know if this is not what you have there.
The pedal looks great!
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

caress

would've been sweet if the LED was jesus' third eye...  ;)

ShortScaleMike

Regards,
Fernando.-

Wow +100 - to be included in the same breath as the others is a massive compliment. I really enjoy this thread, so many great pedals being made by so many great people.

I'm complete in awe of so many, Slade would be top of that list.

ShortScaleMike

Quote from: lazerphea on October 07, 2010, 04:25:47 PM
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on October 07, 2010, 04:21:18 PM
That looks fantastic! :o What grit did you sand your enclosure down to? Also, what did you use for the graphics? Was it waterslide?
Hey, thanks a lot Govmnt_Lacky!
I water sanded it with 80,220,240 sand paper, and the graphics is made with adhesive decal inkjet paper: this one! :)

It looks amazing - well  done!

Here's my latest:
Mini Battery-Less Fuzz Face (germanium)

darron

thanks heaps Fernando. that means a lot coming from you of course. i suppose it's a form of modesty to be nice just before laying out the highest card in the deck lol :D
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Toney

Quote from: John Lyons on October 08, 2010, 11:12:12 PM

Rod
So if I follow you, what you have there is a small block of wood on each side of the board
as a stand-off correct? I have used that method as well. Epoxy and a clean abraided surface
and it's going to last. Let me know if this is not what you have there.
The pedal looks great!

Yep, that's it john.
I buy strips of window trim and just cut them as needed. I usually go flush, but the Jesus pedal was a bit  unusual as there was no more space to drill screw holes, so I had to conjure up those wacky flanges to cover the 1mm or so board edges that I had to work with.

Here's a Trem Lune that I made a little cradle for and a strip of the wood trim. I usually just cut a couple of blocks, drill though and screw them down but with roadworthy/gigworthyness in mind on this one, I added another strip below to increase the footprint for gluing. This method offers decent strength when glued to a prepped surface.
It's very simple but effective. Pretty much covers the stand-off issue.

Thanks for the kind words re the pedal BTW.

Slade

Here's a video demo for my pokeball compressor :icon_evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaudmQwNLAU

darron, glad you liked my card!

Regards,
Fernando.-

nbabmf

Rehoused Danelectro Tuna Melt tremolo:

nomorebetts

MXR Noise Gate clone from Tonepad.com

I only learnt recently that a suppressor and gate work differently. So this puppy's named incorrectly. d'oh

I like Big Muffs! and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny...

kupfer_m

Quote from: nomorebetts on October 09, 2010, 11:26:04 PM
MXR Noise Gate clone from Tonepad.com

I only learnt recently that a suppressor and gate work differently. So this puppy's named incorrectly. d'oh

Incorrectly named or not, it's a fantastic graphic!
Decal?

Jim

fatfoohy

this is my flatline compressor. it will be receiving graphics later this week. It is modified with a 3 way switch to switch between compression, boost and expansion.  i am extremely pleased with this pedal all around with the compression and expansion, both are very transparent.  This boost can go from clean with a hint of grit, to a nice overdrive. this was my first time in a 1590a, i'll post gutshots later, im afraid to take the back of right now haha.

having leftover parts is just proof that you made it better!!!!

deadastronaut

@fafoohy...looks nice as it is......cool......but i like the industrial metal  :icon_twisted: look
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//