News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkyGibbon

Why "Suedehead"? The guitars on that song are all very clean.

(well... I guess the Dual Recto has a clean channel too...)

Christopher

deadastronaut

Quote from: FunkyGibbon on October 18, 2010, 06:33:02 AM

Christopher

you have clearly broken the law of metal pedal graphics....
report to mr nelson's office....NOW!... :icon_mrgreen:

nice guts...neat
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Pigyboy

Quote from: deadastronaut on October 18, 2010, 07:08:16 AM

Christopher

nice guts...neat

Don't Mess With Texas ;D
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

FunkyGibbon

Quote from: Pigyboy on October 18, 2010, 07:18:15 AM
Quote from: deadastronaut on October 18, 2010, 07:08:16 AM

Christopher

nice guts...neat

Don't Mess With Texas ;D

Sorry, that wasn't a criticism! The pedal looks fantastic (and I'm not just saying that!). Just, as a Smiths/ Morrissey fan, and as an appreciator of the stories and imagery behind pedal naming and graphics, I was curious about the link with this pedal.

Peace!

Christopher

deadastronaut

i dont see the link either...dr boogie =metal= :icon_twisted:... dr boogie + flower thrower= ?
each to their own i guess.... i'll stop typing....  :icon_rolleyes:

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Pigyboy

I was just @#$%ing with you all because I know Eniacmike is from Texas and if you have ever been through Texas you have seen the big DMWT signs! :icon_wink:
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

deadastronaut

gotcha!...never been there!..im on a tiny island....he wont get me over here!!!!!.. :icon_mrgreen:

but just in case!...sorry eniacmike.. :icon_mrgreen:

davent

Quote from: eniacmike on October 18, 2010, 01:25:00 AM

dr. boogie!
The paint is Rustoleum Colorshift purple.. really cool paint, kind of pricey but it looks awesome. It is really hard to take a picture that captures the effect but the color shift depending on the angle of the light from purple/blue/black/teal. I used chrome domes knobs and it weights a TON!

I used madbean's chunk chunk layout/pcb.

Pedal looks great!  Now can you reveal your secret for doing the lettering on the end of the box?

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

trendyironicname

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nB3lFh-jvo

I'm having a time with my still camera so I hope this will be ok.  I wanted to show the alternating "j" color anyway.  Fuzz based off the face, bazz fuss, baxandall stack with some tweaks, and experimenting with a WHOLE lot of mr. Keen's musings on geo
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Valoosj

It's been a while since I could post some of my work here. Excuse the crappy cell picture, I don't have my camera here atm.

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

eniacmike

I made the pedal for a friend and he wanted morrissey on it. we threw a few names around like viva hate and stuff like that but ended up sticking with suedehead.

This was what I originally wanted to do but he wanted morrissey on it. cliff burton/james hetfield. I cringe sometimes at the things people ask me to put on pedals but I guess it's kind of like tattoos it's their pedal/body.

eniacmike

Quote from: davent on October 18, 2010, 10:54:43 AM
Quote from: eniacmike on October 18, 2010, 01:25:00 AM

Pedal looks great!  Now can you reveal your secret for doing the lettering on the end of the box?

dave

I use lazertran waterslide decal paper for laser printers. http://www.lazertran.com/ I get the paper at my local art supply shop it is $20 for 10 sheets. They sell decal stock at smallbear too but it is pretty much the same price unless you buy in bulk. I tried the white decal stock from small bear (white background, not transparent) and I didn't really like it as much as the lazertran paper. It is really "soft" which is a good thing for forming to your pedal but I had a hard time keeping it straight and not warping. The lazertran decal stock is a little sturdier, plus I can buy it locally so I don't have to pay for shipping.

I tried some water transfer decal for inkjet printers and I didn't really like the results laser printer is the way to go. It works great on the lazer printers at my work lexmark but I had problems with it in other printers like the ones at kinko's didn't work, and my mom has a epson color lazer printer and it didn't work so great.

lazerphea

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on October 17, 2010, 02:37:37 PM

Beautiful build. Can you share with us the method you used to apply the graphics? Did you use waterslides?
Hi Govmnt_Lacky!
I used this adhesive decal inkjet: first I've painted the enclosure and I gave a first hand of polish to it; after that I sprayed the polish over the decal to fix the ink, and then I've put the decal over the enclosure. Another couple of hands of polish over the pedal and that's it! :)

eniacmike

dh pitch shifter

interval is a 7 position rotary
robot and vibrato are momentary switches
dry mix/effect mix/volume.

no guts pictures. it looks like a bomb went off inside it. way too much off board wirings.

1590C to fit it in, and I couldn't fit a battery inside.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: eniacmike on October 19, 2010, 08:31:05 AM

dh pitch shifter

interval is a 7 position rotary
robot and vibrato are momentary switches
dry mix/effect mix/volume.

no guts pictures. it looks like a bomb went off inside it. way too much off board wirings.

1590C to fit it in, and I couldn't fit a battery inside.

Looks cool! I tried building this pedal from JDs layout and had no luck with it. For some reason, the volume is WAYYYYY low and the robot switch would not work at all. I did manage to fit it all into a BB enclosure (with a battery!!  :icon_eek:). Robot as a MOM stomp and the vibrato as a MOM toggle. I spent hours on the debug but I just never got it to work properly.  :'(
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

bean

Barcode80

Quote from: bean on October 19, 2010, 11:50:14 AM

Yep, I think this will be the new trend. I had just ordered a mess of black PCB for the exact same purpose!

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: bean on October 19, 2010, 11:50:14 AM

Hey Brian.... Does John know that you are shooting build pics on his property?  :D  :D  :D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

starekase502

sorry if this is not okay to ask but is it possible to get that shortbus layout

eniacmike

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on October 19, 2010, 09:30:02 AM

Looks cool! I tried building this pedal from JDs layout and had no luck with it. For some reason, the volume is WAYYYYY low and the robot switch would not work at all. I did manage to fit it all into a BB enclosure (with a battery!!  :icon_eek:). Robot as a MOM stomp and the vibrato as a MOM toggle. I spent hours on the debug but I just never got it to work properly.  :'(

I think part of my problem was I used a bunch of 24mm pots that I accidentally ordered a while back.
My robot switch doesn't do anything either, and the volume output its low. I think it's a problem with the power supply being limited for the holtek and the opamp can't swing enough. maybe it needs a recovery stage? it's a cool toy. I will probably run it with delay/boost afterwards to get a little more use out of it.