SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcode80

Quote from: starekase502 on October 19, 2010, 03:19:34 PM
sorry if this is not okay to ask but is it possible to get that shortbus layout
If it's the pedal I think it is, he states in the FAQ that he will no longer be offering that board or layout.

www.madbeanpedals.com is his website, all his other layouts are posted there.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: eniacmike on October 19, 2010, 03:43:41 PM
My robot switch doesn't do anything either, and the volume output its low. I think it's a problem with the power supply being limited for the holtek and the opamp can't swing enough.

Yeah. Sounds like a mirror image of mine. I contacted JD and asked about it after about 40 hours of on and off debug. He told me that he had never heard of the problem and that the volume output should be fine and he would "look into it." That was about 2 months ago and I am still waiting for word back.  As for the robot switch, I swapped in different momentary stomps as well as several momentary toggles. Never got it to work. The vibrato works (intermittently) and the pitch rotary works great!
Your voltage limiting idea seems plausible. Maybe when I have some time I will look into it.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

starekase502

Quote from: Barcode80 on October 19, 2010, 03:49:37 PM
Quote from: starekase502 on October 19, 2010, 03:19:34 PM
sorry if this is not okay to ask but is it possible to get that shortbus layout
If it's the pedal I think it is, he states in the FAQ that he will no longer be offering that board or layout.

www.madbeanpedals.com is his website, all his other layouts are posted there.

ok sorry about that

azrael

What pedal is the Shortbus?

John Lyons

Pearl Phase / Small Stone Rehouse
Break jack between the two for adding an effect between them.
Increased speed range on the Small Stone. (Ring Modulator)

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

davent

Why do i feel dizzy?  That pedal puts a big smile on my face! Beautiful pedal John!

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

kupfer_m

Quote from: John Lyons on October 19, 2010, 08:48:55 PM
Pearl Phase / Small Stone Rehouse
Break jack between the two for adding an effect between them.
Increased speed range on the Small Stone. (Ring Modulator)

Hi,

Nice design.
How did you do the graphics, is it plain copper or pcb?

Regards,
Jim

bean

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on October 19, 2010, 02:07:13 PM
Hey Brian.... Does John know that you are shooting build pics on his property?  :D  :D  :D

Yeah, my selection of backdrop isn't too original. But, who can blame me for copying a master? :)

jkokura

I have a bunch of new pedals up!

First up is a tremolo I did recently. Has character...

And the Guts.

Next up is my latest Rebote 2.5. This may be one of the best pedals I've ever built! It came out very, very clean, even though the board is a bit big to mount it in the pedal the usual way. I came up with an alternate scheme. I left room for a battery in this one, but likely won't install the battery clip. One thing I did do however, was socket the repeats resistor. I think it's labled R15... it's supposed to be 15k, but I played around and found a value that lets me get a bit of that crazy oscillation without ever getting to be toooo much. Anyway, this is one of my very favourites!

And the Guts.

Last but not least is my 2nd 1590DD pedal. I have a series of four planned 1590DD pedals, the modulation station was the first, featuring a flanger, phaser and tremolo. This one is the gain station with compression, boost and drive.

First up we have a buffered splitter right off the input. It sends the signal two ways, one to a Tuner output that could also be used as a 'dry out' if need be, and also to the first effect, the comp. From the comp we go to the Booster, a simple SHO circuit from Madbean. From that switch we go through a pair of switching jacks which provide an effects loop. The nice thing about those jacks, even though they're expensive, is that they switch internally, meaning you don't need to plug a patch cable in and out to use the pedal. Last we go to the Barber LTD silver clone overdrive. It's a good creamy low gain drive. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but I do.

And the Guts.

Next up in the series is the Echo/Delay Station - it's still a long way off!

Jacob

Pigyboy

jeez Jacob,
That is a complicated @#$%er! What I do like is you go straight into the compressor.
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

ShortScaleMike

An R2D2 Fuzz Factory

Green Muff

Black Muff with Tone Bypass

bean

eniacmike

foxx tone machine based octave up fuzz. hal9000/monolith inspired look.I used madbean's wolfshirt layout. 10mm giant led. Clif 125b enclosure.

that is so weird two all black pedals on the same day!

jkokura

Quote from: Pigyboy on October 20, 2010, 08:34:02 PM
jeez Jacob,
That is a complicated @#$%er! What I do like is you go straight into the compressor.

Yeah, you should look at the modulation station I have on page 605...

Also, it 'almost' goes straight into the comp. I have a buffered splitter there that splits the signal between the comp and the tuner out. I do like the pedal a lot. The upcoming Delay station will be great too, but probably won't be finished until we get to 805...

Jacob

jkokura

Two posts in as many days! Whew!

These are 2 of 3 from 2 sets of guitar pedals I'm building to sell. So to clairfy, that's 6 pedals, 2 sets of 3 different types, and these are just 2 of the 3 different types... The third is a compressor I don't have all the parts for yet.

Anyway, finished the boosters today and thought I'd post pics.

Overdrive is low gain, kinda growly, and works really well with a tube amp. Based on the Peppermill, but with some of my own modifications.

And the Guts.

Booster is everyone's favorite Mosfet kind! Adds a certain Sparkle! Used boards from Madbean. Did you know he has manufactured boards now?

And the Guts.

Jacob

eniacmike

jacob you should hide a little army man or a minitroll in that boost pedal! I love that layout it is so tiny!

jkokura

Quote from: eniacmike on October 21, 2010, 10:04:30 PM
jacob you should hide a little army man or a minitroll in that boost pedal! I love that layout it is so tiny!

That's clever. I also have noticed that it's cavernous in there. I don't know how to fix that. I used a 9mm pot AND that layout is teeny tiny. Pot mounting the board makes it so there's absolutely ridiculous amounts of room in there.

Jacob

Mugshot

rebote on the left, fuzz on the right.

fuzz guts

i am what i am, so are you.