News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on October 29, 2010, 02:30:25 PM
Looks great Mike. I noticed that you didn't go with putting clipping LEDs for the eyes. I have seen it done before but I have never seen if it LOOKS cool when the pedal is used.

I have never been able to get led's to light up bright enough in clipping. the guy I made the pedal for wanted silicon clippers though, allthough the sockets will accomidate silicon, leds, mosfets, etc.

John Lyons

Fuzz Face with a hot output level and bias trimmer. AC 128s, wooly bully!

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: John Lyons on October 29, 2010, 02:48:07 PM
Fuzz Face with a hot output level and bias trimmer. AC 128s, wooly bully!

John  :o Are you painting your PCBs to match the enclosures? Looks phenomenal!!
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

jefe

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on October 29, 2010, 02:50:33 PM
John  :o Are you painting your PCBs to match the enclosures? Looks phenomenal!!

+1... John, that looks really cool!

SpencerPedals

Beautiful as always, John.  It reminded me that I never posted the pics of my HST tribute pedal, the Gonzo Boost.  It's just a Screaming Tree/Bird and a Rangemaster in one box.  The artwork is actually a collection of Steadman artwork that I photoshopped together.  I've been slacking with pics lately, and need to catch up .  I finished this one well over a year ago now.

John Lyons

Ha! nice. That's a serious toggle switch there.  :icon_eek:
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

SpencerPedals

I got a lot of them cheap a while ago on Ebay.  They're sexy.

ShortScaleMike

Love the graphics on that one.

IC Muff with footswitchable tone bypass and Saltbooster

Modded 808 Tubescreamer

Modded 808 Tubescreamer II

Barcode80

MI Crunch Box, face plate is an etched PCB blank, some of my neatest internals ever:

Still-as-of-yet-not-working Bad Stone phaser. It's pissing me off, but at least it looks great! the pictures don't do it justice. Reverse etched enclosure:

trad3mark

Not my build, but deserves to be shown. It's a Blowing Up from ohnoho (www.ohnoho.com). I've a lot of respect for ohnoho for making little limited run stuff like this, and the guy in charge, Lawrence, is really helpful and cool. So I don't think i should post a gut shot, which i think is fair, right? In anycase, it's got a @#$%ing dinosaur on the front.

And then one of mine, a Fuzz Factory with Russian GT417 Ge Transistors. They're the smallest transistors i've ever seen, at roughly half the size of a 2n2222, but the same shape. Sounds awesome, and vs a stock FF, the only difference i can see is that the oscillations kick in at higher pitches. Oh, and it's not a shaky camera shot, the graphic is just changed to be 3d visible. Why? I dunno. It also has no knobs till next week. I left my toolbox at home while i head back down to uni.

Valoosj

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

jmwreck

pie-key

Quote from: jmwreck on October 31, 2010, 12:47:36 AM

sir JM is it waterslide decal?

any tutorials sir? nice layouts....

nomorebetts

My TS808*

*In actual fact it's a Daphon E20OD where I did LonePhantom's mods on it and then rehoused.
It sounds great and I would recommend people with these cheapo pedals to give it a go.
Link to mods: http://www.lonephantom.com/2010/07/modding-the-daphon-e20od/

I like Big Muffs! and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny...

Galego

markeebee

^ That's one of my favourite posts.

:icon_redface:  Sorry.

eniacmike

WOW.   :o

HALLOWEEN BUILD:

MADBEAN egodriver.

Pigyboy

Quote from: Galego on October 31, 2010, 08:21:02 AM

Ho - fellow Mac user!
That is a sick layout.
Back to the drawing board...
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

eniacmike

I used a white led on this, I think it looks really cool.
I drilled the output jack a little low but it works fine, just not symmetrical. I got nervous drilling the input jack becuase it looked too close to the dc jack so I moved it up a little bit and forgot to change the output jack.

ralley

A phase 90 from the TonePad PCB layout.  Didn't think much of this at first then turned the speed down and put it in front of a BSIAB II, sounds great.  Paint job is far from perfect but hey it's copying a hack job anyway...  Needs a bigger knob (snigger), on it's way.

Sender lawyers, guns and money
The sh*t has hit the fan.
   - Warren Zevon