News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadastronaut

your son has good taste, love the chrome knobs btw..

is that letraset rub on lettering on the knobs?.then laquered...looks good.
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

nickyfzr

Thank you and he is pretty cool and the gold chrome knobs were his idea. The lettering was done on an HP color laser jet printer on Papilio inkjet water slide decal paper same as the rest of the graphics. Had to create a stencil to pre-paint the yellow face on the box.

jacobyjd

It's been awhile since I've completed a build for myself, but I needed an overdrive to go with my newly-acquired Rebel 20 amp:

Lovepedal Eternity Clone--it was the best thing I could come up with, given my needs and the parts I had on hand. A friend of mine painted the enclosure awhile back, and it looks fantastic in person. Sounds great, too!

I monkeyed around with the gain pot a little--instead of a 100k, I went with a 250k w/ a 100k resistor in parallel--it put the pot's taper in the right place for me, so overall it's a nice little enhancement.
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

ayayay!

@ShortScaleMike:  What paper do you use for your graphics? 

BTW, every time I see your mug I laugh inside a little.  It's like Dave Grohl made his own pedals...
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

knealebrown

John where you live looks great in the autumn. As does that pedal mind you another great work.
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

Güero

TS9 w/ modifications

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

Steve Mavronis

Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

John Lyons

Thank you Steve.
I won't show you my workbench then.  :icon_eek:
It's in this thread somewhere.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

eniacmike

this is a zendrive.. the enclosure was etched by preston clark I'm not sure what it was supposed to originally be but I finished it up for a friend who didn't have time.
It is so easy making a pedal when somebody else does the hardwork! I could get used to that.

ShortScaleMike

Quote from: ayayay! on November 15, 2010, 02:24:48 PM
@ShortScaleMike:  What paper do you use for your graphics? 

BTW, every time I see your mug I laugh inside a little.  It's like Dave Grohl made his own pedals...
haha Thanks. The Logo was a joke that sort of got out of hand. A friend made me the Logo and I started using it on the first pedals I made, which were just for friends at the start - and people seemed to find it funny and like it, so here we are today.

Oddly enough I look pretty much nothing like that these days - he's like an alter ego.

I use Self Adhesive Clear Labels.

Perrow

Quote from: ShortScaleMike on November 16, 2010, 03:52:13 AM

I've always (well since reading this thread at least) wondered if you (not you specifically but those who use those labels) couldn't make those labels larger than the enclosure and kind of sand down the edges before clear coating. It seems to me that you'd get rid of those edges then. I know if there's paint beneath it'd be pretty thin right there on the edge, but hopefully the paint is more resilient than the label. Then again the label is pretty sure to clog up any sanding paper you put near it so it might be hard work.

Just a thought I had to get out of my head.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

deadastronaut

Quote from: Perrow on November 16, 2010, 05:09:04 AM
Quote from: ShortScaleMike on November 16, 2010, 03:52:13 AM

I've always (well since reading this thread at least) wondered if you (not you specifically but those who use those labels) couldn't make those labels larger than the enclosure and kind of sand down the edges before clear coating. It seems to me that you'd get rid of those edges then. I know if there's paint beneath it'd be pretty thin right there on the edge, but hopefully the paint is more resilient than the label. Then again the label is pretty sure to clog up any sanding paper you put near it so it might be hard work.

Just a thought I had to get out of my head.

yeah know what you mean...i dont like the edges either on that stuff..really show up too much (thick)  and.a bit too picky for little hands to pick off... :)
even when i did waterslide i had to spray it with laquer first to seal the inkjet...then that becomes a bit thick too...and edgey..hmmmm........
i guess the only proper way is down the silk screen route, but for one pedal?...hmmmmm...

i etch everything now though, im happy with that...permanent..
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

PMcG No.6

Been a long time since posting here. Got around to overhauling my Fat Foot silicon fuzz pedal. Take a gander...

Be seeing you!

-Chad
www.PenfarFX.com

Greenmachine

John,

Your photos made me laugh because the stompboxes look as though they're standing in for models wearing 80's hand-knit sweaters  :icon_mrgreen:.

Great builds.

richon

two new pedals.....

Booster

JCM800 boosted kind of sound
Richon - Ricardo
Viña del Mar
Chile
www.richon.cl

Nikolay

Not exactly stompbox...
This is a custom switcing units for a local rock'n'roll club in my town.

I use industrial buttons for longer.

John Lyons

Quote from: Greenmachine on November 16, 2010, 08:42:40 AM
John,
Your photos made me laugh because the stompboxes look as though they're standing in for models wearing 80's hand-knit sweaters  :icon_mrgreen:. Great builds.

Make that 70's hand knit sweaters and you have a deal.  :icon_biggrin:
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

KrazyKarl

Quote from: John Lyons on November 15, 2010, 07:48:37 PM

Beautiful.

One thing, and correct me if I'm wrong, which I probably am, but on the jack on the right (output I guess) the ground lug doesn't seem to be wired to anything. Shouldn't it be wired to ground.

~arph

Think about it like this: the case is made of metal.