SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: Nikolay on November 16, 2010, 09:43:57 AM
Not exactly stompbox...
This is a custom switcing units for a local rock'n'roll club in my town.

Do you have a link for those switches?  Are they affordable?
Try a little tenderness.

StereoKills

Those buttons are neat Nikolay, I use them occasionally at work and always loved the way they look.
"Sometimes it takes a thousand notes to make one sound"

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: tiges_ tendres on November 16, 2010, 12:15:04 PM
Do you have a link for those switches?  Are they affordable?

Those are called Anti-vandal switches and are commonly used on elevator panels. They can be a bit pricey!  :icon_rolleyes:

They are usually available in SPST and DPDT with or without the LED ring.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

KrazyKarl

Quote from: ~arph on November 16, 2010, 10:50:27 AM
Think about it like this: the case is made of metal.

Ahhh, makes sense to me. I knew his wiring must be right, being who he is. I just didn't understand it. I'll definitely save myself the wire on future builds. Thanks!

dune2k

Quote from: KrazyKarl on November 16, 2010, 12:37:03 PM

Ahhh, makes sense to me. I knew his wiring must be right, being who he is. I just didn't understand it. I'll definitely save myself the wire on future builds. Thanks!

I still add a piece of wire to connect the sleeves of both jacks. If one comes loose you can still use the effect without weird behavior (especially nice during a show...).

Nikolay

Thanks guys. Yes, the switches are dpdt. I connect the boths sides of the switch parallel for more safety work.

Here are they on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-Stainless-SPDT-ON-ON-Blue-Lighted-switch-12V-B11ZE-/120645573237?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c17095a75
I take them from a local shop in Bulgaria.

ayayay!

Quote from: ShortScaleMike on November 16, 2010, 03:52:13 AM
Quote from: ayayay! on November 15, 2010, 02:24:48 PM
@ShortScaleMike:  What paper do you use for your graphics? 

BTW, every time I see your mug I laugh inside a little.  It's like Dave Grohl made his own pedals...
haha Thanks. The Logo was a joke that sort of got out of hand. A friend made me the Logo and I started using it on the first pedals I made, which were just for friends at the start - and people seemed to find it funny and like it, so here we are today.

Oddly enough I look pretty much nothing like that these days - he's like an alter ego.

I use Self Adhesive Clear Labels.

I don't care.  I still like it.  Makes me laugh.  :)  So, can you provide a link to what you use?  I'm getting lots of hits but I'm not sure what you use.  Thank you! 
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

davent

And the key to success there is the inner toothed locked washers that ensure reliable contact between the jacks and enclosure.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Barcode80

Quote from: Perrow on November 16, 2010, 05:09:04 AM
Quote from: ShortScaleMike on November 16, 2010, 03:52:13 AM
I use Self Adhesive Clear Labels.

I've always (well since reading this thread at least) wondered if you (not you specifically but those who use those labels) couldn't make those labels larger than the enclosure and kind of sand down the edges before clear coating. It seems to me that you'd get rid of those edges then. I know if there's paint beneath it'd be pretty thin right there on the edge, but hopefully the paint is more resilient than the label. Then again the label is pretty sure to clog up any sanding paper you put near it so it might be hard work.

Just a thought I had to get out of my head.

Use decal softener. you can get it almost anywhere that you can get decal paper. It melts the decal to the surface. No edges.
Quote from: dune2k on November 16, 2010, 12:46:40 PM

I still add a piece of wire to connect the sleeves of both jacks. If one comes loose you can still use the effect without weird behavior (especially nice during a show...).
I used to do this too, until a couple of builds ago. I've found everything much quieter without it, presumably because of the ground loops that can happen. It was a habit left over from when I favored those plastic Marshall style jacks (sometimes I still do). But I've gotten a lot less LED current surge in my signal line when switching and a whole lot less hum and noise since i stopped.

John Lyons

And the key to success there is the inner toothed locked washers t
hat ensure reliable contact between the jacks and enclosure.

Yes sir. And also it keeps the jack's barrel flush with the outside of the enclosure
or at least the nut.
(but maybe that's just me being anal about stuff like that.  :icon_rolleyes:)
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

caress

john - where did you get those knobs that are on the scarab?

John Lyons

john - where did you get those knobs that are on the scarab?

The Scarab Deluxe?
I bought then surplus but I found out mouser has them.
BUT, I grid about a 1/4 of that height off of them so they look good.
Davies is the brand I think.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

deadastronaut

Quote from: Greenmachine on November 16, 2010, 08:42:40 AM
John,

Your photos made me laugh because the stompboxes look as though they're standing in for models wearing 80's hand-knit sweaters  :icon_mrgreen:.

Great builds.

yeah i noticed that too..if you squint you can see the difference though!.. :icon_mrgreen:
only joking john..class 'A' builds..as always.

own up who actually..squinted?... :icon_wink:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

ayayay!

Quoteown up who actually..squinted?...

Your wife.

Okay sorry, but you walked into it...  No harm meant...   :D
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

deadastronaut

how did you know she was  chinese?.. :icon_wink: none taken...
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

metalero30

last creation

ultima creacion

footswitch fsx3 del looper digitech jamman hecho para ozzymerecure

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: metalero30 on November 17, 2010, 02:50:20 PM

The work and box look phenomenal... good job!  ;D

Now, for the obvious question..... What do you do if you are wearing SHOES and need to change modes or go up/down  ???
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on November 17, 2010, 02:57:02 PM
Quote from: metalero30 on November 17, 2010, 02:50:20 PM

The work and box look phenomenal... good job!  ;D

Now, for the obvious question..... What do you do if you are wearing SHOES and need to change modes or go up/down  ???
You barely have to touch those buttons to get them to switch.  If only they were more affordable.
Try a little tenderness.

The Tone God

Just in case you hear any rumours...

Andrew

blooze_man

Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...