Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

mattthegamer463

TTG, start talking.   :o

Taylor

I just read the info at thetonegod.com.

Not enough googly eyes in the world. That is true innovation. This is one of the most well-thought-out musical devices I've ever seen.

jkokura

Somebody better point the Guitar magazines TTG's way... This is revolutionary!

Well maybe not revolutionary, but boy o boy I don't think there's any pedal out there like the Nerfuzz. Congratulations. I now know what an Ant feels like.

Jacob

Galego

Quote from: The Tone God on November 17, 2010, 04:32:58 PM
Just in case you hear any rumours...

Andrew

Please explain. How does that work?

Taylor

space_ryerson

Quote from: Galego on November 17, 2010, 05:50:35 PM
Quote from: The Tone God on November 17, 2010, 04:32:58 PM
Just in case you hear any rumours...

Andrew

Capacitive touch or something similar? Regardless, it's very impressive!

Slade

I haven't heard any rumours...

DEMOS?!!

Taylor

Quote from: space_ryerson on November 17, 2010, 06:21:50 PM
Capacitive touch or something similar? Regardless, it's very impressive!

Quote from: Slade on November 17, 2010, 07:16:53 PM
I haven't heard any rumours...

DEMOS?!!

Uh, yo guyz, all of that info and sound clips are on his site, linked inches above...  :icon_wink:

Slade

earthtonesaudio

I'm curious about the foot switches... do they press down (ka-chunk) or is it a capacitive sensor also?

Looks very cool by the way.

trendyironicname

Andrew, you are in a league by yourself, sir.

Respectfully tips hat*
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

The Tone God

Hey folks. Thanks for the positive comments!

Quote from: jkokura on November 17, 2010, 05:44:43 PM
Somebody better point the Guitar magazines TTG's way... This is revolutionary!

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/Daily/News/The_Tone_God_Releases_NerFuzz_Programmable_Effect.aspx

More to come. ;)

I don't want to hijack the thread so I would recommend people follow Taylor's advice and go to the website where there is lots of info including an overview, the quick start guide, full manual, more pics, and sound samples of the factory settings. There is alot more the NerFuzz can do outside the factory settings but we had to balance "normal" settings will some of the "weird" ones so not to scare users when they sit down with the unit for the first time. (Goddamn noise maker POS, I just wanted a fuzz!)

The pricing should be very competitive when the dealers get their orders compared to our online price.

The touch points are capacitive sensing. The control plates are still mechanical but are very simple and very tough. I've been using them on my pedal board for more then two years and I have yet to have a failure. I am known for heavy stomping so I've used it in the real world and know it works. The plate floats about a millimetre above a set of contact points (screw heads). When pressed the metal on metal contact does produce a click that is in relationship with how hard you hit the plate. Nice on the feet with or without foot ware.

I did try a capacitive control plate (example below) but most users including myself missed the tactile feel of something moving.

If there are in depth question I would suggest possibly starting a new thread so this thread doesn't get derailed.

Andrew

Crowella

Actually that seems like a great idea for anyone playing bare foot (like I do a fair bit)  :icon_lol: Has some very impressive features and looks ace  ;D

I on the other hand... proper attempt at a phaser or two.

Rhythm in jump, dancing close to you

Taylor

Complete 20 watt amplifier (clean preamp and power amp) in a 1590A. This is a prototype for the amp project I'm putting together. Guts aren't as pretty as they could be, being a proto and because I used mostly salvaged hardware. But hey, whaddaya want, it's a 20 watt amp in a 1590a. Details here.

aflynt

Here are a few pedals I've built or re-housed over the years.

Uniphase Phase Shifter / Impulse Tremolo - Modified mid 90s MXR Phase 90 plus EA Tremolo built on guitarpcb board.

Fried Chicken / Range Boost - Fuzz Face with bias control plus Rangemaster clone.

Gizmo - Tweaked Son of Screamer.

Cyborg Rat - Modified mid 90s Rat 2 with "snarl" knob (Reutz Mod).

Derringer

Looking through the pictures here, I see a lot of you guys don't run a ground wire to the shield lug of the output jack.
And I know that you guys know more than I do.

So why is that the practice?

Barcode80

Quote from: Derringer on November 20, 2010, 10:15:10 AM
Looking through the pictures here, I see a lot of you guys don't run a ground wire to the shield lug of the output jack.
And I know that you guys know more than I do.

So why is that the practice?
it's good practice to separate your power ground and signal ground if you can. The jacks are grounded by the enclosure, so no need to tie them to the circuit ground. In many cases, if you tie the signal and power grounds together, it can introduce noise, especially in LFO circuits (tremolos, phase, etc.).

deadastronaut

hmmmm....

i got the idea of that, but, dont all grounds join up anyway ..whether from power or signal?..

or am i being a nooby dooby? again!. :icon_mrgreen:

i feel a slapping of my forehead moment coming on.. :icon_wink:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: deadastronaut on November 20, 2010, 12:10:16 PM
i got the idea of that, but, dont all grounds join up anyway ..whether from power or signal?..

Rob, I agree with your statement too.
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return