News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommy.genes

Hey dano12:

I'm curious why you placed the MOSFETs on the back of the pots like that. Is it a grounding or heat sink thing (although I know MOSFETs at stomp box levels would not generate any appreciable amount of heat)? Or was it just a convenient place to put them?

I have some power MOSFETs I salvaged from old UPS-es they were throwing out at work (75339P) and I am hoping to explore them as clippers or even as small power amps that could be overdriven. I am a little concerned-in-advance about packaging them in a stompbox, however. (Cart before the horse, I know...)

And stunning workmanship BTW.

Thanks,
-- T. G. --
"A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend." - Captain Eugene Harold "Armor Abs" Krabs

dano12

Quote from: tommy.genes on November 21, 2006, 09:44:52 AM
Hey dano12:

I'm curious why you placed the MOSFETs on the back of the pots like that. Is it a grounding or heat sink thing (although I know MOSFETs at stomp box levels would not generate any appreciable amount of heat)? Or was it just a convenient place to put them?

I have some power MOSFETs I salvaged from old UPS-es they were throwing out at work (75339P) and I am hoping to explore them as clippers or even as small power amps that could be overdriven. I am a little concerned-in-advance about packaging them in a stompbox, however. (Cart before the horse, I know...)

And stunning workmanship BTW.

Thanks,
-- T. G. --

Purely a convenient location. At <9v, the MOSFETs will never generate any appreciable heat so it is just a matter of placement. I super-glued two IRF520's back to back, wired in the 1n34 diodes and then stuck that mess to the top of the pot. Thanks for the kind words--I'm on tap to build 20 of these things :)

John Lyons

Dan...you win! My god that build is clean! I want to see the top now too...

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

$uperpuma

How much for a BeavisAudio Ratatatat?

Well, since you guys didn't like the last one very much, I thought I'd post up another simple etch... its a bluesbreaker inside I did this one for a guy at work... its for a school art project.  He has to design an ad campaign around this product...

Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

nordine

man, that must be the cleanest etching i've ever seen

perfect

Sweetalk

I agree... great work $uperpuma!

darron

i'm also interested to see the ad campaign? hehe (:
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

$uperpuma

yeah me too! evidently this little rockstar has a "photo shoot" this weekend... and some kind of custom packaging... he said he'd share the photos, so when I get them you guys can see them...

darron

Quote from: $uperpuma on November 21, 2006, 08:57:47 PM
yeah me too! evidently this little rockstar has a "photo shoot" this weekend... and some kind of custom packaging... he said he'd share the photos, so when I get them you guys can see them...

that's awesome.. i dream of things like custom packaging! lol
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

markm

goodrevdoc

First etched box. :) Superfuzz from ustomp layout. Great sound. Harder than MarkM and Puma make it look!

Sweetalk

Strange knobs!!!!.... where did you get them?.. Nice work, I like it... an image of a revolver will suit perfectly!

$uperpuma

lookin' good! cool name for a pedal, too!

jonathan perez

Quote from: $uperpuma on November 22, 2006, 10:38:47 PM
lookin' good! cool name for a pedal, too!

revengance would have done good, too.  ;D
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

KerryF

Those look like the knobs from the Budda amps.  Nice!

Izzy

Ok finally I finished my Mega Ishtortion (Basically a Boss DS-1 with Turbo mode.)
Special Thanks to Melanhead for help with boost mode.

It sounds great!

Barcode80

looks great izzy! what ds-1 layout did you use?

Izzy

Thanks!

I used the schematic from tonepad and made the layout myself.

Here is my layout. there are 2-3 bugs in this layout. I havent corercted them I guess.

Izzy

Oh yeah and those magical Blue LEDs.!  ;)

zjokka

Quote from: mongo on November 20, 2006, 08:38:43 AM

two of my latest...  my "dual" APC in "ikea" enclosure and a simple booster.

Welcome to the ikea stompbox family! I love it! Are they (the bowls) still available?

zj