Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tasos

Quote from: Pigyboy on January 07, 2011, 03:41:16 AM
My first etching attempt. The circuit is FC's Thermionique. Thanks Rick
Cheers,
Chris

are you going to add a led with the toggle swiches?why are they dpdt? :icon_razz:

ghostsauce

Weird that that pic isn't working for you guys cause it shows up properly on my screen.  But here's a direct link:  http://twitpic.com/3i56j7/full

g.

Quote from: taang on January 07, 2011, 12:33:04 AM
Quote from: g. on January 06, 2011, 06:27:49 PM
One (big) Knob silicon fuzz

how did you paint that/what kind of led did you use?

standart spay paint and 8 layers of clearcoat
this is not a led but a small light bulb !

jefe

Quote from: ghostsauce on January 07, 2011, 11:54:02 AM
Weird that that pic isn't working for you guys cause it shows up properly on my screen.  But here's a direct link:  http://twitpic.com/3i56j7/full

It's showing up fine for me!

g.

Quote from: Barcode80 on January 06, 2011, 10:03:41 PM
What circuit? I've been looking for a nice silicon fuzz (besides the usual silicon fuzz face.)

mostly :
2k resistor instead of the 1k pot and a 470pf  betwen the transistors  to tame it a bit.

Pigyboy

Quote from: Slade on January 07, 2011, 11:13:52 AM
Hey, Chris, that came out very cool!
The detail is impressive, I can even read the smaller characters written on the design.

Yeah, it's always some work to get this results (I don't say this in the tutorial, but don't tell anybody.. :D), more if it's your first time, so congratulations for that, it looks awesome.

You've just made a brother for this little rusty baby. ;D

Fernando.-
Thanks Fernando.
Quote from: tasos on January 07, 2011, 11:20:41 AM
Quote from: Pigyboy on January 07, 2011, 03:41:16 AM
My first etching attempt. The circuit is FC's Thermionique. Thanks Rick
Cheers,
Chris

are you going to add a led with the toggle swiches?why are they dpdt? :icon_razz:
Those were the only ones they had at the local shop!
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

Slade

Quote from: Pigyboy on January 07, 2011, 12:42:31 PM
Thanks Fernando.
Quote from: tasos on January 07, 2011, 11:20:41 AM
Those were the only ones they had at the local shop!
Prepare yourself for this guys, once you start with etchings they'll hunt you and they'll be right after any mistake you make. I have even suffered "point and laugh" stuff from people like slacker, jacobyd, FrequencyCentral and others... try to accept this as a tradition here.

;D

azrael

Quote from: John Lyons on January 07, 2011, 02:50:38 AM

Heh, yes but that is a fuzz face almost entirely.
SMaller input cap and a few lesser value changes
Just saying...
Indeed it is. However I don't always like a lot of the other silicon fuzzes.

Skruffyhound

Etchers, are you not finding that your finely polished surface is susceptible to scratches. I've been polishing some aluminium, which I've used in some tests, to a 2000 grit finish, but it can be marked almost by a finger nail. Admittedly this is extruded aluminium not enclosures. Just wondering. It's crossed my mind to give etched pieces a epoxy finish, but I'd rather not use more time if you know what I mean.

Nice work Chris, inside and out. Was the wife impressed?
Some quality work from a lot of people in this thread.

elenore19

Here are a couple pedals painted by my good friend and one of the best artists I know.
I haven't loaded them with parts yet, but I'll upload more pics when they're finished. Not sure what they're going to be yet.
I just had to share these amazing works of art.
(Too bad I don't have a better camera...)
Pretty badass elk. Not sure how he made the black wind-like smudges, but the elk is chipped away paint and it looks awesome. The texture is phenomenal.

The color around the bird is the original color of the pedal. He sanded the pedal to get the silver color. A freakin' genius.

Galego

Quote from: elenore19 on January 07, 2011, 03:54:48 PM
Here are a couple pedals painted by my good friend and one of the best artists I know.
I haven't loaded them with parts yet, but I'll upload more pics when they're finished. Not sure what they're going to be yet.
I just had to share these amazing works of art.
(Too bad I don't have a better camera...)
Pretty badass elk. Not sure how he made the black wind-like smudges, but the elk is chipped away paint and it looks awesome. The texture is phenomenal.

The color around the bird is the original color of the pedal. He sanded the pedal to get the silver color. A freakin' genius.

Amazing work!  :o

I don't think i could bring myself to drill holes in those enclosures now...

elenore19

Quote from: Galego on January 07, 2011, 04:12:47 PM
Amazing work!  :o

I don't think i could bring myself to drill holes in those enclosures now...
I know! It's real tough. I hope that whoever ends up buying the enclosures chooses a simple pedal to go in them to minimize on the holes.

Barcode80

Quote from: Skruffyhound on January 07, 2011, 03:27:42 PM
Etchers, are you not finding that your finely polished surface is susceptible to scratches. I've been polishing some aluminium, which I've used in some tests, to a 2000 grit finish, but it can be marked almost by a finger nail. Admittedly this is extruded aluminium not enclosures. Just wondering. It's crossed my mind to give etched pieces a epoxy finish, but I'd rather not use more time if you know what I mean.

Nice work Chris, inside and out. Was the wife impressed?
Some quality work from a lot of people in this thread.
I don't really polish my etches. Just sand shiney, but not so far as to polish.

Sirppi

Quote from: John Lyons on January 04, 2011, 06:01:14 PM

That's some TRUE pedal p0rn :D let's take a couple more closeups...  :icon_wink:

What is it?  ;D

roseblood11

Quote from: Sirppi on January 08, 2011, 07:13:12 AM
That's some TRUE pedal p0rn :D let's take a couple more closeups...  :icon_wink:

What is it?  ;D

Well, two pairs of clipping diodes and the letters "BM" on the pcb...  ;)

markeebee

Polished enclosures, meh.  Looks like John polishes his resistors.

John Lyons

Quote from: roseblood11 on January 08, 2011, 08:56:57 AM
Quote from: Sirppi on January 08, 2011, 07:13:12 AM

What is it?  ;D

Well, two pairs of clipping diodes and the letters "BM" on the pcb...  ;)

Ding ding ding! A winner!   Big Muff :D
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

rousejeremy

I love the elk. Then again, I am a Canadian.
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

Nikolay

Hi, guys. I just finish this custom power supply unit.
This device have multiple and different outputs. I use custom transformer with 7 independent secondary. 4 outputs for 9VDC, 2 outputs for 12VDC and 12AC and one 20V output for my programmable looper. Also I use input transformer as autotransformer to get 110 volt from it. This voltage is necessary for one US fulltone deja vibe pedal.
I cut my logo on the front panel and make it blue shine  ;D

Here are few photos:

Niki

Cap

Amazing Nikolay!!!as usual :o