News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skruffyhound

Nice work Brian.
Wonder if Markeebee will pass by and show us his.
What's the story, how difficult is it get something like that to function.

tjp78704

Just noticed there's a pictures thread here, so I thought I'd add some of my own to the mix! Enjoy.

First up is my version of the Dallas Rangemaster treble booster, but with an NPN germanium transistor. Point-to-point wired on a 5-pin terminal strip, and powered by 9v DC. Box color is a nod to the faceplate color of the original. The toggle switch changes input caps (standard .005µF and .0068µF for more bass) It adds a LOT of boost, some grit, and a little sparkle to the tone. I dig it. Also hope to get a demo of it uploaded soon.

The oddball looking output cap is a .01µF styrene, it sounded better than the yellow polyester film version. I also soldered in the transistor (using copper clips for heat sinks). To socket it would mean also having to socket it's bias resistors, and this isn't an experiment box, just a finished pedal to use. So I wanted to keep it clean and socket free.

Here's a shot of the enclosure marked off just prior to drilling. It is surrounded by the parts soon to be installed into it, and the pedal is still on the breadboard after testing it.

More photos and pedal builds are posted on my Flickr page.

Tim

GodSaveMetal

Oh yeah great idea it's a computer spacing PCB with two screw's holes!!!!!

bean

Quote from: GodSaveMetal on March 16, 2011, 12:48:30 PM
Quote from: bean on March 16, 2011, 12:40:38 PM
This is still a work in progress!

It's fantastic a tree axis router, performance computer designer!!! I want one of these!!!! no etching PCB pure computer design!!!!!!!!! it's great idea!!! you made this how??????

It was built from a kit offered by Probotix. The kit included pretty everything you see along with the drivers and motors, and enclosure (the Dremel was not). I'm still learning some Mach3, but so far it seems to be working very well. I totally stoked!

chi_boy

Quote from: GodSaveMetal on March 16, 2011, 02:04:23 AM
Don't cry the last one a cloned DIRTY BOMB!!!!!:

Mind if I ask where you found the schematic?  I did a layout not too long ago based on one I found on the "Other" forum and wouldn't mind confirming.
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: chi_boy on March 16, 2011, 11:58:20 PM
Quote from: GodSaveMetal on March 16, 2011, 02:04:23 AM
Don't cry the last one a cloned DIRTY BOMB!!!!!:

Mind if I ask where you found the schematic?  I did a layout not too long ago based on one I found on the "Other" forum and wouldn't mind confirming.
A brothe of a spanish blog give me two schema's of this pedal y jointed it and by the photos of the inside of this pedal I confirm what scheme it's the right and made this terrible and BOMB!!! pedal it's amazing!!!!!! If you want I blog this!!!!!! I it's of mine personal mod!!!!! here is:

And the personal PCB only for cases 50mm high the pots from the solder side:

I've made it!!!!!!your free to use them and post in another forum only mention the author!!!!!

~arph

Quote from: bean on March 16, 2011, 09:21:28 PM
It was built from a kit offered by Probotix. The kit included pretty everything you see along with the drivers and motors, and enclosure (the Dremel was not). I'm still learning some Mach3, but so far it seems to be working very well. I totally stoked!

I want one so bad..

deadastronaut

@bean, that looks very cool and useful.

any video demo of it working?...
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: GodSaveMetal on March 17, 2011, 12:15:06 AM

Any reference to what Q2 is supposed to be? It is not listed in the BOM..  ???

Looks great though  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Fender3D

Quote from: bean on March 16, 2011, 12:40:38 PM
This is still a work in progress!

hehe Windows XP has yet to be installed...

nice stuff bean
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

azrael

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 17, 2011, 10:17:02 AM

Any reference to what Q2 is supposed to be? It is not listed in the BOM..  ???

Looks great though  ;D
Being used as a clipping diode, just like Q1. 2N7000 works.

GodSaveMetal

Yeah it is 2N7000 equal of the other clipping MOSFET!!! I used a 1N34A red circle and big glass!!! OK

GodSaveMetal

I think that the resistors R10 and R18 at 1%; I used 5% and it's fine; but the C4, C5 and C7 are tantalum!!!!!

kupfer_m

Quote from: slacker on March 16, 2011, 01:49:37 PM
Quote from: GodSaveMetal on March 16, 2011, 12:34:33 PM
I named it 3dpt MADE IN PERÚ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's absolutely brilliant, nice work :)

+1 !!!

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: kupfer_m on March 18, 2011, 03:13:02 AM
Quote from: slacker on March 16, 2011, 01:49:37 PM
Quote from: GodSaveMetal on March 16, 2011, 12:34:33 PM
I named it 3dpt MADE IN PERÚ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's absolutely brilliant, nice work :)

+1 !!!

Thanks to all of you!!!! it's amazing that switch!!! It's from a dream yeah!!! I dream that and put it in reality!!!!!! it pure DIY inspiration!!!!!

Galego

Quote from: GodSaveMetal on March 18, 2011, 03:30:53 AM
Thanks to all of you!!!! it's amazing that switch!!! It's from a dream yeah!!! I dream that and put it in reality!!!!!! it pure DIY inspiration!!!!!

Interesting. You put so much work into making 3PDT switches because you can't get them, and I can and have stopped using them and now only use 2PDT. 3PDT are too expensive. Nice work :)

chimpsticks

Hi all

I've been perving over this thread for months now feeling very jealous that I had no electronic skills and desperate to learn how to build my own pedals.

I've been very inspired by the work here and hope it's OK to post my Musikding pedals (are kits classed as cheating?)

An often cloned 5 knob fuzz...

Sounds like R2D2 crashing into a guitar shop!

chimpsticks

A Rangemaster...

Thought it was a bit sloppy, so I had aother go...

Galego

It's not cheating, it's a starting point. Why all the duct tape?