News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimpsticks

A Distortion Plus, Built to replace my beloved, but crappy and falling to bits reissue Dod 250.

chimpsticks

Some kind of Tremulus Lune, I think? Sounds nice anyway...

chimpsticks

Last of all, the obligatory Tube Screamer. A real job to squeeze into the small enclosure, but just got it in there. Didn't want to paint it green, but wanted to do something a bit japanese.
The rising sun behind the LED is supposed to represent the little black flower shapes under the knobs on a TS9. Not sure if it comes across?

If anyone's interested, the stickers/labels are made by printing on an inkjet printer onto Manilla envelope paper, and backed with heavy duty double sided tape.
The brown paper is slightly waxed and is tough and wipes clean without smudging.

chimpsticks

Quote from: Galego on March 18, 2011, 05:26:59 AM
It's not cheating, it's a starting point. Why all the duct tape?

Hi Mate. I stick it down to pad out the areas where the pots, etc live, so that there is a softer surface for the componants to bite into.

And I've got a big gaffer tape fetish anyway... :-\

Govmnt_Lacky

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Slade

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 18, 2011, 07:55:00 AM
Interesting reading habits chimpsticks  :o
Hahaha... Hey, I'm loving that "O-Range Master", very cool name!

chimpsticks

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 18, 2011, 07:55:00 AM
Quote from: chimpsticks on March 18, 2011, 05:29:21 AM

Interesting reading habits chimpsticks  :o

Haha! very eagle eyed! Yeah it's true! I'm always reading about those hetero lesbians!

lazerphea

Quote from: chimpsticks on March 18, 2011, 05:31:19 AM
Some kind of Tremulus Lune, I think? Sounds nice anyway...

Almost the same layout as mine! :)

arma61

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

.Mike

Here's a pair of Compulator clones, one for me and one as a gift for a friend. I did my own layout, and these were my first etched enclosures.

More completed pics:

Build pics:

:)

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

deadastronaut

@mike: excellent, especially for first etches....really nice. :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

davent

Looks great inside and out Mike! What software did you use to do your board layouts?

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

.Mike

Thanks. :)

I used ExpressPCB. I made the curved traces with the arc tool. Then I used Photoshop to fix a few traces that were too close together.

John Lyons

Very nice mike!
I like the color and the bold yet simple look of the design.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

bluesman1218

Excellent work, Mike. BTW, how did you print the component side of the PCBs?
It's all about the tone!
Steve

POPA - Plain Old Power Attenuator AVAILABLE for PURCHASE soon!
Silvertone 1482 rebuilt - switchable Tweed, tube reverb, Baxandall + / Little Angel Chorus build, tons of Modded pedals

.Mike

It's a toner transfer onto off-white CEM board. I etch and drill the board, and then print the fake silkscreen layer onto photo paper. Then, I use a light (in this case, the sun) to line everything up. Iron, soak, done.

It works best on light colored boards, but it can be done with darker colors. If you are careful, you can leave a bit of the photo paper embedded in the toner, which makes the fakescreen a grayish white.

It makes assembly very easy. :)

Mike

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: .Mike on March 19, 2011, 04:45:37 PM
It's a toner transfer onto off-white CEM board. I etch and drill the board, and then print the fake silkscreen layer onto photo paper. Then, I use a light (in this case, the sun) to line everything up. Iron, soak, done.

It works best on light colored boards, but it can be done with darker colors. If you are careful, you can leave a bit of the photo paper embedded in the toner, which makes the fakescreen a grayish white.

It makes assembly very easy. :)

Mike
please post the layout and PCB of this pedal!!! thanks a lot!!!!

.Mike

Quote from: GodSaveMetal on March 19, 2011, 06:59:56 PMplease post the layout and PCB of this pedal!!! thanks a lot!!!!
Since it is a current production pedal, I posted it over at the other forum... page 11 of the Compulator topic. :icon_wink:

jkokura

I just realized how long it's been since I posted around here. Thought I'd update with some of my recent builds.

Starting with the most recent, finished this Autowah today. Board's from GuitarPCB.

And the Guts.

Aquaboy! Single v3205 - would like the delay time to be longer but...

And the Guts.

Phase 90 Clone. Tonepad board.

And the Guts.

Tonebender Mk3 build isn't quite right yet. I need to figure why all the pots maxed leaves me with less than unity.

And the Guts.

The PT80 is hard to fit inside 125B.

And the Guts.

Zendrive Clone.

And the Guts.

Here's Klone I made for a client. Clipping options to choose from using toggle switches.

OCD clone.

And the Guts.

Improved EA Trem from GuitarPCB, it's pretty awesome, particularly with the flashing LED built right in.

And the Guts.

The Echobase. 10 points if you can guess what all the images are.

And the Guts. (so clean...)

This one was a combo I built for a customer, and I built a second for myself. Ross comp and an Echoplex preamp in one. I call it, the Com-plex (TM)

And the Guts.

Big Muff built to Ram's Head specs.

And the Guts.

Dr. Boogie for a client.

And the Guts.

Lunar Module for a client.

And the Guts.

Fuzz Face using some Mojo! AC128's from the Czech Republic.

And the Guts.

Fuzz Factory clone, also using 128's from the Czech.

And the Guts.

Rangemaster clone with Mojo

And the Guts.

I don't know if I posted this earlier, but this is a Rebote 2.5 in a 125B

And the Guts.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Woo... The past 3 months have been busy! I think this is most of it. I'm sure there's some that's missing, but this is what I had on my imageshack account.

Hope you've enjoyed.

Jacob

bean

Dang, Jacob. You HAVE been busy. These all look terrific!