SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Magnus on April 13, 2011, 12:16:12 PM

Excellent work. Very clean!

I just DO NOT have the patience to bend each individual wire perfectly like that.

Just box it up and let'er RIP!

;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

tasos

Hello together

[/b]Here's my latest pedal ;)

Greetings from Germany
Magnus
oh!great pedal!what diodes did you use? ;D

Insanekane

Hello together
@all:
Insane good pedals again!!!
Here's my latest pedal ;)
Greetings from Germany
Magnus

Neat looking build.
I really like those made in China boxes. But I've seen some cracks on the surface on those. And they are pain in the arse to sand flat for etching. But those round soft corners make's the pedal look little more fancier  :D
From Musikding, right?

HOTTUBES

Pedal build # 2    !

.Mike

Quote from: HOTTUBES on April 14, 2011, 01:02:47 AM

Looks nice. :)

Did that start as a finished enclosure and then you sanded the top, or did it start as a bare enclosure and you taped off the top and only painted the sides?

I have a bunch of powder-coated enclosures sitting around, and I was thinking about sanding just the top so I can etch them.

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

Taylor

Quote from: .Mike on April 14, 2011, 01:18:00 AM
I have a bunch of powder-coated enclosures sitting around, and I was thinking about sanding just the top so I can etch them.

I've often wondered how it would come out to sand off powder coating - I assumed it would become a gummy mess and never get clean, but I could be (probably am) totally wrong. I'd be interested to see your results if you do it.

Magnus

Hello,

QuoteExcellent work. Very clean!
Thank you  :)

Quoteoh!great pedal!what diodes did you use?
1S1588 "blue-band"

QuoteNeat looking build.
I really like those made in China boxes. But I've seen some cracks on the surface on those. And they are pain in the arse to sand flat for etching. But those round soft corners make's the pedal look little more fancier
From Musikding, right?
Thank you, yes from Musikding  ;)

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

husc

YES!! I can post in the pictures topic! :)

I finished two pedals, but 1 is not working.. debugging is an artform in itself.

Here are pictures of my first pedal, a 'hysteresis oscillator'. It is a great circuit, I slightly modified it and added a tone control. I also made a rookie mistake by drilling the hole for the LED too big, so I swapped the LED en switch and added a lightning bolt to my mistake to remind me, never ever to haste my work again!

The tone control is subtle, but this pedal needs a lowpassfilter, so I am looking into building one of those next. This forum is a godsend as it took me from circuit bending and building kits to perfboarding this pedal, which felt like a huge step forward.

deadastronaut

its got a nice face though!.... :icon_wink:

you could always put a big washer under the led bezel...then move your switch... :icon_wink:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Insanekane

Quote from: deadastronaut on April 14, 2011, 12:40:57 PM
its got a nice face though!.... :icon_wink:

you could always put a big washer under the led bezel...then move your switch... :icon_wink:

Or get a 10mm led. I'm guessing that 10mm led's bezel fits in the 12mm hole

bean

Shhhhhhh....don't tell Lyons.

azrael

ooh, whats that one, Madbean?

John Lyons

Quote from: bean on April 14, 2011, 06:28:48 PM
Shhhhhhh....don't tell Lyons.

Hey MF! that's my camera angle!  :D :D :D
Looks nice
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Taylor

He even stole yer porch.  :P

bean

You can see my cat there in the background. It's really my house!

It's an Orange Squeezer, BTW. My "Cupcake" project. Done in trade for a nice new digital scope (plus a few other pedals from me).

buildafriend

Marshall Guv'nor with Vishay and Orange Drop caps, metal resistors and Tonepad.com board. it sounds awesome! The top end is really great in this design, it's got bite!

HOTTUBES

Quote from: .Mike on April 14, 2011, 01:18:00 AM
Quote from: HOTTUBES on April 14, 2011, 01:02:47 AM

Looks nice. :)

Did that start as a finished enclosure and then you sanded the top, or did it start as a bare enclosure and you taped off the top and only painted the sides?

Mike

Sorry for the late reply !!!!

I painted the entire pedal , then when the paint was wet , i used a razor blade to remove the top paint !

knealebrown

Thats not an original basic audio pedal its just a clone, original BA pedals circa 2010 used amp jewel bezels and all the internal wiring was the same colour. If you want the John lyons tone then you have to have that bezel.  ;)
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

ShortScaleMike

Something a little different - a pair of Rangemaster/Distortion+ Dual Drive Custom Pedals. The LED is centred around the cross in the Graphic - a 3mm hole is drilled but the decal isn't cut - the LED is mounted in the hole from the inside via the small board and shines through the decal.

The customer designed the artwork to be Blue Oyster Cult insprired with my Decal guy.

HOTTUBES

Very nice work inside & out !