News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockhorst

in the first pic you have two mxr style knobs but in the second two fulltone style knobs...have you decided? :icon_razz:

Still torn between 'em...I love how those big MXR knobs fill the space, I think I'll go with those...But feel free to influence me ;D
Nucleon FX - PCBs at the core of tone

tasos

Quote from: rockhorst on May 08, 2011, 04:35:31 PM
in the first pic you have two mxr style knobs but in the second two fulltone style knobs...have you decided? :icon_razz:

Still torn between 'em...I love how those big MXR knobs fill the space, I think I'll go with those...But feel free to influence me ;D
you should definetely try black chickenhead's!

buildafriend

Quote from: metalero30 on May 07, 2011, 09:53:00 PM
Quote from: buildafriend on May 07, 2011, 07:50:32 PM
Quote from: metalero30 on May 06, 2011, 10:55:00 PM
ocd clon

Dude! I wanted to clone one of these really bad! I went through a really intense process doing it but in the end my layout was wrong and its just been a rotting case of knobs since. What schematic did you use? Do you have a layout for it?

i used madbeans layout with 1n60 diode

Wow what a great site! I cant believe I just found out about it.

Strategy

First build after not doing much for a while, went for some months without a workspace, etc.

Back on board with a classic. Uglyface! I used soggybag's pcb, sold here on the forum last year. Really enjoyed working on this and very satisfying to play. Check another one off the Tim Escobedo list!

The "Mr Yuk" sticker - for those of you outside the US, "Mr Yuk" was a character invented by the US Poison Control department as a method of dissuading children from ingesting harmful materials. You attach Mr Yuk sticker to things in your household that they should not drink. I don't know if Mr Yuk is common anymore but it was a fixture of my childhood and the stickers are free from the government if you send away for them.

I keep trying to do really badass wiring, mechanical, enclosure, etc. but I just can't live up to the pro's who post here

Do you guys buy some wire that "stays in place?!?" I am just using up this floppy wire I got when I first started. Even with care it is still hard to get amazing wiring.
[/url]
-----------------------------------------------------
www.strategymusic.com
www.community-library.net
https://soundcloud.com/strategydickow
https://twitter.com/STRATEGY_PaulD

dellamorte

Brian may booster
Built=SHO,DOD 250,Atari punk console,Fuzz Factory,Easy Vibe,Burning Crunch,Modded Vm fuzz (2n5088+bmp tonestack),Wah Probe,Wooly Mammoth,Eternity,Big Muff Tri
Up Next = ???
Eventually = Firefly, rackmount L5 preamp
http://dellamorte.gofreeserve.com

Taylor

Quote from: Strategy on May 09, 2011, 02:34:29 AM
I keep trying to do really badass wiring, mechanical, enclosure, etc. but I just can't live up to the pro's who post here

Do you guys buy some wire that "stays in place?!?" I am just using up this floppy wire I got when I first started. Even with care it is still hard to get amazing wiring.

I use the "pre-bonded" wire at Small Bear. I literally could not stand to build a pedal without it anymore. It's the best of stranded and solid core, and you can sculpt it nearly as much as solid core, without the reliability concerns. I don't really go out of my way to tweak the wire for beauty's sake, but I'm able to get builds as clean as I require:

Hides-His-Eyes

Quote from: FUZZZZzzzz on May 08, 2011, 03:57:31 PM

a fuzz that i've put in a toy race track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v979TFT1hA

see it working shortly

This put such a smile on my face.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Strategy on May 09, 2011, 02:34:29 AM

Dont worry Strategy  ;)

I am in the same boat. I don't worry too much about cleanly routing the wiring. As long as the connections are solid and it WORKS.... it's good!  :icon_wink:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

davent

I think doing all the wiring outside of the enclosure using a jig that matches the enclosure drill pattern, contributes greatly to acheiving neat wiring. Having a PCB with a layout as well designed as Taylor's, guarantees success, as much thought's given to placement of the off-board components relative to the board, as is given the placement of the onboard components!

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Valoosj

Finally finished my tremolo (again, wasn't pleased with the decal the first time)

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

tasos

Quote from: Valoosj on May 09, 2011, 05:12:56 PM
Finally finished my tremolo (again, wasn't pleased with the decal the first time)

don't you think you 'll get away without guts!
which tremolo is that?

Valoosj

It's stated on the pedal. I'll post the guts some other time. Haven't taken a picture of it.
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

bluesman1218

Strategy inspired me and I got a little creative. Mr. Yuk and now, Mr. Yum. Feel free to use them.

It's all about the tone!
Steve

POPA - Plain Old Power Attenuator AVAILABLE for PURCHASE soon!
Silvertone 1482 rebuilt - switchable Tweed, tube reverb, Baxandall + / Little Angel Chorus build, tons of Modded pedals

FlyingZ

dromilious

cool design !!!how did you make the decal and put it on the enclosure?it seems like proffesional work.i usually print it on a trensparent and spray a light glue film an put it on .

Valoosj

This is standard decal paper. I just lightly sanded the enclosure before putting the decal on. That way I could get rid of all the water/air under the decal.

guitarmageddon

"Stainless Steel Barrel of Pork", (Madbean Pork Barrel, a souped up CE2 )

Valoosj

Quote from: tasos on May 09, 2011, 05:25:15 PM

don't you think you 'll get away without guts!
which tremolo is that?

tasos

this is so greaat!awesome!
where did you get the schem-pcb from? ;D

Hides-His-Eyes

Your own layout? very impressive.