News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theundeadelvis

Güero - To be honest, I enjoy the pictures of the insides of your pedals about as much as some of the nicest pedal outsides in this thread. Your work looks flawless inside and out! Beautiful!
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

Güero

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on August 06, 2011, 05:09:05 PM
Don't particularly care about mojo or not. I just wanted to see the artistry!  :o

Do you etch you own boards? If you do that is very impressive.

Quote from: theundeadelvis on August 06, 2011, 05:09:25 PM
Güero - To be honest, I enjoy the pictures of the insides of your pedals about as much as some of the nicest pedal outsides in this thread. Your work looks flawless inside and out! Beautiful!

Thanks for the compliments!  ;)
And yes, I do my PCB's with glossy paper and a little patience and a toothbrush. :D :D
Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

AnalogPackrat

Here's my latest very humble looking pedal.  It's a modified DLS based on a madbean Grapevine board.  The air/dark switch removes the 150pF gain pot treble bypass cap (on "dark").  The "More" FS puts a 5nF cap in parallel with the selected treble bypass cap.  This is basically the same thing that Nick from Catalinbread recommended, but with a different control arrangement.  The pedal is hand painted and sharpie lettered.  I don't have the skills and/or patience of most of you folks.  Bonus points to the person who guesses the mixed references in the art work.

phector2004

Quote from: AnalogPackrat on August 06, 2011, 06:24:13 PM

You've got some "different"-looking components in there... where'd you get those metal films from? Also are those yellow film caps??

Cool build!

Güero

Quote from: AnalogPackrat on August 06, 2011, 06:24:13 PM
Here's my latest very humble looking pedal.  It's a modified DLS based on a madbean Grapevine board.  The air/dark switch removes the 150pF gain pot treble bypass cap (on "dark").  The "More" FS puts a 5nF cap in parallel with the selected treble bypass cap.  This is basically the same thing that Nick from Catalinbread recommended, but with a different control arrangement.  The pedal is hand painted and sharpie lettered.  I don't have the skills and/or patience of most of you folks.  Bonus points to the person who guesses the mixed references in the art work.

Am I right?

Nice build btw!
Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

AnalogPackrat

Thanks, guys.  Güero, you've got half of the reference!  What's the other?

Phector, the yellow, green, reddish, and orange dipped caps are all film types.  I used a couple of silver micas for smaller values, except one which is a newer type ceramic (not the heinous disk type).  I get 90% of my caps from local surplus shops--been hoarding for almost 20 years now.  I use what I have in the nearest value which physically fits and meets or exceeds the voltage requirements.  Oh, I forgot to mention that I run this thing at 18V.  9V was pretty weak, IMO.  DLS is a great sounding pedal.

Frances Rhodes

Quote from: AnalogPackrat on August 06, 2011, 06:58:41 PM

the spinal tap was pretty obvious, but is the second one related to "MORE" by any chance?
"If it's too loud, you're not too old, it's Alancka Effectors."

https://www.facebook.com/alancka.effectors?sk=info

Keppy

"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

Pigyboy

Two Beavs for Mudhoney & two for the giveaway!
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

Pigyboy

Quote from: Keppy on August 07, 2011, 01:48:56 AM

Beautiful!
Do you have any sound clips? That thing is nuts - What is up with the expression pedal? Custom inside too?
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

Keppy

Quote from: Pigyboy on August 07, 2011, 07:17:25 AM
Beautiful!
Do you have any sound clips? That thing is nuts - What is up with the expression pedal? Custom inside too?
Search "Ludwig Phase II." There's about 50 pages of info/discussion posted since May, in two different threads. The picture is of the first successful clone, which I finished about 10 days ago. There are videos of the originals, and I hope to make one of the clone soon. Nothing but the enclosure is custom. That's right, all the offboard wiring is NORMAL for this build. :icon_eek:
"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

AnalogPackrat

Quote from: Frances Rhodes on August 06, 2011, 09:59:29 PM
Quote from: AnalogPackrat on August 06, 2011, 06:58:41 PM

the spinal tap was pretty obvious, but is the second one related to "MORE" by any chance?

It's the big red 11, actually.  I was inspired by this album cover:

One of my favorite bands--back in the day it was all Rickenbackers through Marshalls...

Kearns892

Tremulus Lune with etched face plate. The debugging on this one had me stumped forever, finally got it working though, and with out ticking! The shape switch is a on-off-on with the rammp up ramp down mod and to make it fit in the enclosure more easily I omitted the "fine" control.

Brymus

My bypass looper I use on stage with my J-Station.
The color and font are from the album "Houses of The Holy"
All the Runes (symbols) are authentic and have special meaning.
I should have the kids cut out my decals ,as I always mess them up somewhere when cutting them out.
The top got whacked on this one,Oh well,I used a scrap decal anyway.
And tried to see how fast I could build it (45 min not including decal)

I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

Brymus

A Dr Boogie customized for a local band.
he asked for :
Purple,the Black Dahlia Murders font,his name,his band name ,and lots of bio hazard emblems.
So I made this:

It was my Dr Boogie I made for the 666 competition.
I just reskinned it,and tweaked the EQ to his liking as well.
As I want a new one with both switchable gain and volume controls this time.
And I will probably use Rick Holt's layout instead of Gaus Markov's next time.
As wiring all the pots is a PITA!
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

deadastronaut

@keppy:  we must have a video demo of this now..looks great, really authentic colours too...nice work man!..i know you guys worked hard on that old bugger!... :icon_twisted: :icon_cool:

@bryan: nice boogies...shame about the 666 comp though..better late than never... ;) :icon_twisted:
me to on ricks layout...looks nice,and much less spaghetti..i made mine have 2 volumes and 2 gains, really great for lower /higher gains... :icon_cool:

great builds everyone!... :icon_cool: :icon_cool: :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

darron

nothing new... but i liked these shots (:

hopefully will have something new soon though >: )

hope you like my coffee table...
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

darron

Quote from: frequencycentral on August 08, 2011, 09:14:02 AM

it's like a rainbow threw up at a funeral! awesome :)

oh, where did you get the alpha covers?
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Frances Rhodes

Quote from: darron on August 08, 2011, 09:37:17 AM
oh, where did you get the alpha covers?

i'm absolutely sure i saw pot covers on http://www.banzaimusic.com/ some time ago, i've been searching the website back and forth in every section since and never saw them again... you can still give it a try if you will, but i think shipping to australia would be awfully expensive!
"If it's too loud, you're not too old, it's Alancka Effectors."

https://www.facebook.com/alancka.effectors?sk=info