Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadastronaut

^ yep saw them today at maplins, they look good!... :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

LaceSensor

Yeah I knew they had them at maplins I was hoping for a cheaper supplier. Tehy are £1.09 ea. no price breaks and I need a bunch.

They are the same ones used on Lovetone and Dinosaural.

Renegadrian

Quote from: frequencycentral on August 17, 2011, 03:19:18 AM
The one in the middle looks interesting. What circuit is that?

;D ;D ;D that's english humour!!!

(and I get 2000 posts with this one!!!)
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Slade

Quote from: Renegadrian on August 18, 2011, 08:28:06 PM

Yeah, I can see him with his cup of tea and monocle, chewing a toffee and looking at the boards.
Old english cyborg...

runmikeyrun

This is my MXR Noise Gate from Tonepad.  Seven64 soldered up the components, I just wired it and boxed it up.  The face plate and knob are from a 1930's radio.  I went with a simple DPDT toggle to switch the effect on and off because A) I didn't want to mess up the look of the face plate and B) it's used in the effects loop of my tube amp to turn off the "ocean" while i'm not playing, so it's basically always on.

There's a little hole on the left side because I re-used a box that had housed something else.  The face plate ALMOST covered all the other holes I had drilled in the enclosure :)

Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

arawn

Thats pretty awesome
"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

markeebee

Quote from: Slade on August 18, 2011, 10:21:18 PM
Quote from: Renegadrian on August 18, 2011, 08:28:06 PM

Yeah, I can see him with his cup of tea and monocle, chewing a toffee and looking at the boards.
Old english cyborg...

I had a cup of tea with Freqy Cent this week. No monocle, I'm afraid, but he does have the voice of an angel, the eyes of a sinner and the Teflon-coated pincers of a perf cyborg from outer space.

ShortScaleMike

Phew. Busy night's soldering last night so I can go out with some mates for some beers tonight!

bean

It's a Harmonic Percolator!

Galego

The second decimator clone, although i don't know if I'd still call it a clone. There were some part replacements and some simply removed. All that's left is this, a true-bypass version to fit a 1590B. No enclosure yet, but I felt like sharing.

John Lyons

Joao
Very nice!
Maybe the next one will fit in the cable plug?  :D
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Slade

Quote from: Galego on August 19, 2011, 02:00:10 PM

The second decimator clone, although i don't know if I'd still call it a clone. There were some part replacements and some simply removed. All that's left is this, a true-bypass version to fit a 1590B. No enclosure yet, but I felt like sharing.
Beleza, my friend! Impressive work!

dromilious

Here is my first waterslide fuzz.It has little air bubbles on  :(.

Vince_b

My Meatball clone (Meat Sphere) using Taylor's pcb.

It's really convenient to not have to do all the offboard wirings for all the switches and pots.

tubelectron

Quote from: runmikeyrun on August 18, 2011, 11:47:43 PM

Aha ! Here comes another Logo and Plate Craze member in the Horizon +++ !

Despite the quite poor condition of the plate, it is very nice - I would have found the same, indeed... Congratulations.

Did you tried to gently clean it ? I'm sure that something can be done in that field... It would look more pleasant, IMHO, unless it is a deliberate choice of "dirtyness" from you !

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

Galego

Quote from: John Lyons on August 19, 2011, 02:21:14 PM
Joao
Very nice!
Maybe the next one will fit in the cable plug?  :D

:icon_lol:

Quote from: Slade on August 19, 2011, 02:43:04 PM
Beleza, my friend! Impressive work!

Gracias amigo. Will build your decimator soon?

runmikeyrun

hey bruno,

I tried two different ways to clean it.  I used some common household cleaner (Green Works) and it got a lot of the gunk off.  Then I used some 0000 steel wool, the kind that I use for polishing chrome on my motorcycles.  That removed a bit of the haze.  I'm afraid to use anything stronger for fear of taking off the silkscreen... and I kinda like the patina!
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

tubelectron

Ah, OK - you've already done all what could be done, probably.

Instead of the 0000 steel wool, I would have tried a very well-known liquid polish/cleaner here in France for at least 40 or 50 years, it is called "Miror". Since it has no silicon inside, you can even use it to clean to "miror" very oxidized brass contacts, if you can rinse them with Marseille soap and hot water at the end. It was intended at first to shine up delicate surfaces like copper, silver, bronze, brass jewels, copper pans and dishes, statuettes, etc... It's more "penetrating" the dirt/oxydation to remove it than the wool, but in the meantime less agressive for the surface, IMHO. I do not have 0000 steel wool on hand to compare, though.

What is the size of this plate ? I think it's anodized aluminium, am I right ? Anyway, it remains a nice sample.

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

skatman

My latest Build , Big B**tard Distortion by Dead Astronaught ( Rob H ) , thanks alot mate this was a arwsome project
and sounds killer !!   Artwork is black & white water slide on white background.

Cheers Paul - Fellow Lefty - Australia

And Guts

deadastronaut

@skatman,  that looks killer.....nice to see one boxed up nice!....glad you like it dude!... :icon_twisted:

@edit , how did you get away with one of those metal dc sockets?.... ???
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//