News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skatman

Thanks Rob , i am glad you like it .

Re the DC plug , i really don't know it just works , i put a 220 UF cap in line and a 9 volt regulator on the board ( see Renegadrian's voltage filter )  , it has a little hiss but a have a real cheap power supply

I have made this for my sister inlaw's Boyfriend - i am guessing he will like it  :icon_biggrin:

Cheers Paul

deadastronaut

^  yep i would....and i would... :icon_wink:

i guess the paint is stopping the dc  touching the box... :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Pigyboy

Quote from: skatman on August 20, 2011, 04:46:14 AM

And Guts

Nice box. Very Clean.  Just a suggestion - you make want to upgrade your jacks on future builds. I have had the ones you are using and they can fall apart easy with lots of use.
What type of enclosure is that?
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

dromilious

I used these metal dc jacks on plastic cases.After installing them on metal cases i had to use positive polarity so until then i use the plastic ones.

deadastronaut

+1 on the jacks too....they do fall apart after a while, or if you tighten em up hard the inner sleeve strips out..... ::)

cool build though!.. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

skatman

G'day Chris J ,

Thanks for the tip to up grade the jacks - these are just cheap ones i had laying around to get it up and running , the enclosure is from Jaycar called Soanar $14.95 AUS  , bit rough on the finish but come up ok with a bit of sanding  :icon_biggrin:

Cheers Paul

Pigyboy

^^^
Yes, I am with Rob. I think that is what I did was over tighten them and pull the barrel thru  :icon_confused:
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

skatman

Hey Rob / Chris ,

Where do you get them plastic dc jacks ? i have only just noticed that all the pedals have them on this forum  :icon_rolleyes:, but have never seen them here in AUS

Cheers Paul

snarblinge

@skatman Dick smith used to sell them over here (NZ) but now only sell crap tv's and digitor stuff. I guess it's the same over there.

your probably best off ordering all the bits for a build (bar resistors and basic stuff) from one of the stompbox stores.

first one to try is at the top of this page as they have the dc jacks and most of the other stuff you'll want. plenty of threads on here about where to buy stuff too. slightly closer to home there are some good lists on this site which are a bit more relevant to our corner of the world.

http://www.nzguitars.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=40

sorry everyone else, on with the pictures
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

skatman

Thanks for that

Cheers Paul

frequencycentral

I love it when a plan comes together: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=92232.0

Quote from: frequencycentral on June 16, 2011, 01:31:24 PM
I'm planning another uber-phaser, dubbed 'Gemini Dual Core'. At it's heart will be two Causality 6 phaser cores, the magic will be in how they are configured. Part of the concept is inspired by the ol' Bi-Phase - two phaser cores in parallel, either of which can be switched in or out, with the dry path 'always on' - which will require the pedal to be non true bypass. I've also worked out the switching options so the two phaser cores can be either in series or in parallel. As well as the option to run both phaser cores from just one LFO, or for each to have their own dedicated LFO.

While allowing the ideas to ferment in my mind, it also occured to me that it might be interesting to run the two phaser cores in parallel - BUT - add a little inverter to the output of one LFO, so that phaser core #1 sees a normal version of the LFO while phase core #2 sees an inverted version. Then, cut the dry path. In my mind, I'm imagining that as one phaser core 'peaks' the other 'troughs', and therefore they are 'twice as far away from each other' as either one on it's own would be from the dry signal (were it present, which it wouldn't be). I'm hearing big phatt uber-sweeps in my head.

Now I'm hearing phatt uber-sweeps in my music room.....

Basically, two Causality 6 phasers with extensive switching arrangements. The two phase cores can be run on their own, or in series, or in parallel. Phase Core #2 can be synced to Phase Core #1's LFO. Best of all, the LFO sync switching includes an inverter, so Phase Core #2 can be swept inverse to Phase Core #1. You guys have to hear this one!

I'll be releasing this as a project once I get my documentation up to date - this prototype includes a number of ugly cludges to the PCB which I'll smooth out for the published project.

Gut shot - it's ugly in there! It's a complex pedal anyway, but leaving the wiring deliberately long for modding, together with the ugly cludges make it gut-shot-hell!

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Slade

Crazy cyborg... ::)

That's very VERY awesome... Congrats...

Looking forward for the project release.

Quote from: Galego on August 19, 2011, 05:45:34 PM
Quote from: Slade on August 19, 2011, 02:43:04 PM
Beleza, my friend! Impressive work!

Gracias amigo. Will build your decimator soon?
Yeah, I'm just looking for my 2181 chip... Can't wait to build it.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: skatman on August 20, 2011, 06:15:24 AM
I have made this for my sister inlaw's Boyfriend - i am guessing he will like it  :icon_biggrin:

:icon_eek:

Correct me if I am wrong but, shouldn't that mean you are making it for YOUR BROTHER?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

theundeadelvis

Lol, took me a second too Govmnt_Lacky, but I think he's saying his wife's sister's boyfriend. Or, the boyfriend of his wife's sister (same difference).
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

Valoosj

Quote from: frequencycentral on August 20, 2011, 10:08:05 AM
I love it when a plan comes together: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=92232.0

Quote from: frequencycentral on June 16, 2011, 01:31:24 PM
I'm planning another uber-phaser, dubbed 'Gemini Dual Core'. At it's heart will be two Causality 6 phaser cores, the magic will be in how they are configured. Part of the concept is inspired by the ol' Bi-Phase - two phaser cores in parallel, either of which can be switched in or out, with the dry path 'always on' - which will require the pedal to be non true bypass. I've also worked out the switching options so the two phaser cores can be either in series or in parallel. As well as the option to run both phaser cores from just one LFO, or for each to have their own dedicated LFO.

While allowing the ideas to ferment in my mind, it also occured to me that it might be interesting to run the two phaser cores in parallel - BUT - add a little inverter to the output of one LFO, so that phaser core #1 sees a normal version of the LFO while phase core #2 sees an inverted version. Then, cut the dry path. In my mind, I'm imagining that as one phaser core 'peaks' the other 'troughs', and therefore they are 'twice as far away from each other' as either one on it's own would be from the dry signal (were it present, which it wouldn't be). I'm hearing big phatt uber-sweeps in my head.

Now I'm hearing phatt uber-sweeps in my music room.....

Basically, two Causality 6 phasers with extensive switching arrangements. The two phase cores can be run on their own, or in series, or in parallel. Phase Core #2 can be synced to Phase Core #1's LFO. Best of all, the LFO sync switching includes an inverter, so Phase Core #2 can be swept inverse to Phase Core #1. You guys have to hear this one!

I'll be releasing this as a project once I get my documentation up to date - this prototype includes a number of ugly cludges to the PCB which I'll smooth out for the published project.

Gut shot - it's ugly in there! It's a complex pedal anyway, but leaving the wiring deliberately long for modding, together with the ugly cludges make it gut-shot-hell!

You just gave me a reason to visit the UK for the untienth time  ;D
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Sirppi

Quote from: frequencycentral

AWESOME  :icon_eek:

Now share the layouts  ;)

patrickcurran21

Superfuzz Clone, Radioshack enclosure.... I drilled the holes for the pots a bit too close together, so now i have to find decent looking knobs that won't run into each other  >.<

taang

Quote from: patrickcurran21 on August 20, 2011, 08:01:30 PM
Superfuzz Clone, Radioshack enclosure.... I drilled the holes for the pots a bit too close together, so now i have to find decent looking knobs that won't run into each other  >.<
gotta love these
http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=727

EATyourGuitar

pnp fuzz face with contour (like fulltone 69), and bias on the front. the bias is just Q2 bias. I have the correct bias closer to the full ccw so as you turn it cw you get starved Q2. its a 5k1 resistor in series with a 5k pot. my volume pot is 100ka with 100k resistor on the outer lugs. its weird how different fuzz faces work better on different vol knobs. transistors are japanese germanium TCG102 or TCG1024 or something. I really like it but I would have used a 4k resistor in series with a 8k pot if I knew I could have starved it more. and also the bias is slightly out of range with the contour turned all the way up. I should have wired the contour with 3 lugs instead of 2 so it doesn't mess up my bias
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: skatman on August 20, 2011, 04:46:14 AM

Very nice work Paul...

Do you have the artwork with the guitar missing?  :icon_twisted:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'