SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keppy

Quote from: frequencycentral on August 20, 2011, 10:08:05 AM
You guys have to hear this one!

Now that's just not fair! Make with the clips!

Also, FWIW, I think you did a very neat job with the guts. After all, it could've turned out like this:
"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

Güero

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

taang

Quote from: Güero on August 21, 2011, 09:59:33 PM

that's beautiful! just curious, how did you get the design on? it looks screen printed

Güero

It's a adhesive  tranparency.
Just print in a ink printer and put in the enclosure then clear coat.

Keppy

Quote from: Güero on August 21, 2011, 10:54:53 PM
It's a adhesive  tranparency.
Just print in a ink printer and put in the enclosure then clear coat.
Huh. Those never seem to work for me. Either I get air bubbles, or the adhesive gets cloudy, or both. What's your secret?
"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

ShortScaleMike

Make sure you leave the decal plenty of time to dry before applying, also make sure the case has off gassed for long enough before you apply the decal (at least a day or so ideally). Application without air bubbles can definitely be tricky, but it's possible

Latest stuff:

the3secondrule

Quote from: ShortScaleMike on August 22, 2011, 04:40:09 AM
Make sure you leave the decal plenty of time to dry before applying, also make sure the case has off gassed for long enough before you apply the decal (at least a day or so ideally). Application without air bubbles can definitely be tricky, but it's possible

Latest stuff:

Sweet blender! care to share your layout?  ;D
"Rock music is mostly about moving big black boxes from one side of town to the other in the back of your car."

Fender3D

Quote from: ShortScaleMike on August 22, 2011, 04:40:09 AM
Latest stuff:

Hey Mike,
Is it a clone of MXR Distortion II?

Here's mine  :icon_razz:

Do you find it usefull with stock filters? I had to redesign them all (gains for both stages too) otherwise it sounded kinda "dull"... and I couldn't raise my plexy volume (just enough to compete with a miked drummer  :icon_twisted: ) without ugly resonances (rumbles)...
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

skatman

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on August 21, 2011, 05:39:24 PM
Quote from: skatman on August 20, 2011, 04:46:14 AM

Very nice work Paul...

Do you have the artwork with the guitar missing?  :icon_twisted:

Cheers Thanks , Sorry haven't got one without guitar - but i am sure i could find one !!   :o

skatman

Here's another big B**tard distortion i finished off tonight . 

Cheers Paul

deadastronaut

^cool....so you've been a 'busy b.....d'.... :icon_mrgreen:

whats the toggle for..cap choice?...
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

skatman

Quote from: deadastronaut on August 22, 2011, 07:23:47 AM

Yes got board on the weekend  ;D hay rob i was thinking of building a marsha valve next have you built one ?

Cheers Paul

skatman

Quote from: skatman on August 22, 2011, 07:26:27 AM
Quote from: deadastronaut on August 22, 2011, 07:23:47 AM

Yes got board on the weekend  ;D hay rob i was thinking of building a marsha valve next have you built one ?

Cheers Paul

Toggle switch is for the battery kill , didnt have a 3 prong Jack  :icon_redface:

ShortScaleMike

Quote from: Fender3D on August 22, 2011, 06:10:50 AMHey Mike,
Is it a clone of MXR Distortion II?

Here's mine  :icon_razz:

Do you find it usefull with stock filters? I had to redesign them all (gains for both stages too) otherwise it sounded kinda "dull"... and I couldn't raise my plexy volume (just enough to compete with a miked drummer  :icon_twisted: ) without ugly resonances (rumbles)...

Very nice. Mine is sort of the same approach as you took, a re-engineering using the Audio Path of the original as a start point.

I removed the electronic switching, and rebiased the gain stages for use on a 9V supply, and then got to work on the filters - as you've mentioned the original had a complete surplus of bass so I've trimmed that down a lot, made the Filter control more responsive, the Drive control useable across it's range and the Resonance control less overpowering. It's definitely recognisable as the core of the MXR Distortion II but it has taken a lot of work and tweaking to get it how I want it. I'm really happy with it now.

I also have this an an IC Muff in one box as the Dream Box, which is the pedal combination Billy Corgan apparently used on Siamese Dream, it certainly sounds that way to me.

Güero

Quote from: Keppy on August 22, 2011, 01:37:50 AM
Huh. Those never seem to work for me. Either I get air bubbles, or the adhesive gets cloudy, or both. What's your secret?

Patience!
As Mike said, let the print dry. So is very important that the painting job is good enough, let's say....dry for 3 days.
When you don't get  finger prints in the surface it's ok to put the decal.

taang

Quote from: Güero on August 22, 2011, 10:33:19 AM
Quote from: Keppy on August 22, 2011, 01:37:50 AM

Patience!
As Mike said, let the print dry. So is very important that the painting job is good enough, let's say....dry for 3 days.
When you don't get  finger prints in the surface it's ok to put the decal.

how do you get the edge of the decal not to show up, i can't seem to figure it out

Galego

Quote from: taang on August 22, 2011, 01:09:11 PM
how do you get the edge of the decal not to show up, i can't seem to figure it out

I can see it. He just cuts it really nice and close to the contour line.

Güero

Quote from: Galego on August 22, 2011, 01:18:13 PM

theundeadelvis

Quote from: Galego on August 22, 2011, 01:18:13 PM

That's the secret with most decals. If you want to hide the edges, cut right up against your image or border. That's how I do waterslides. I'll put a border all the way around, and then cut my decal out right along the border. Make them appear seamless.
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.