News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CynicalMan

Quote from: Scruffie on August 28, 2011, 03:37:31 PM
Do drugs play a large part in your home life by any chance...?

Nope, although I won't speak for my interior designer.  ;D

rossp6304

Here is my first pedal build.  I didn't take any guts shots (what was I thinking).

Its a double A/B switch, two A/B's in one case. Very simple, but very useful.

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Taylor

Always like your PCB layouts, John. Getting everything into nice neat rows on a single sided board isn't easy, but looks so much nicer to me than everything going every which way or resistors standing on end. Your stuff is also fantastically priced for the work you put into the insides and outsides.

guitarmageddon

Quote from: Slade on August 28, 2011, 01:43:34 PM
Quote from: guitarmageddon on August 27, 2011, 11:37:50 AM

Hey! I like those brushes! Did you use Cinema 4D for the pedal?

Thanks, I'm glad someone liked it. There were no brushes involved however, it's a real photo of a real pedal.
Here's the original, it's sitting on a mossy patch of cement outside my work shop.

It strikes me a little odd that having an interesting background should provoke such a response. I've always admired, along with the builds themselves, the use of light, manipulation of depth of feild and textural contrast in the of pictures by Mr Lyons, for instance.

All I've done here was use a control on my old digital camera edit program to 'shift' the color. I thought the red gave it a 'mood' that better matched it's sound. As the pedal is black it remained virtualy unchanged.
The follow-up posters have all gone to much more trouble than I did, and certainly exhibited photoshoping skills that far exceed my own.
Quote from: phector2004 on August 28, 2011, 02:38:23 PM

It has certainly amused me to provoke a response. :icon_biggrin:

If there has been any inferrence there are no guts, here they are. I didn't post them before because I thought almost everyone here has seen a muff before...prehaps I assumed too much ;)

phector2004

John, those knobs are the best! They're my new favorite knobs. I recently used them on my Bad Stone build, and they've got the right footprint and provide enough mechanical advantage for even a socked foot to easily adjust on the go

Any issues with Vol at 3:00 and Tone at 9:00? I ended up doing a horizontal pedal cause of that

Anyways, great looking pedal, as usual!

Earthscum

Quote from: guitarmageddon on August 28, 2011, 09:11:09 PM

Lol... I gotta say, at least you have a good sense of humor... I would've grounded myself from the computer for a week because I know I would say something that lands in the "flame" territory. (not really... I'd probably just say it and slap myself later when the edit permissions expire).

If there has been any inferrence there are no guts, here they are. I didn't post them before because I thought almost everyone here has seen a muff before...prehaps I assumed too much ;)

Naw, we've seen a million, and one. What we like to see are how other people do things... remember, that wiring is just as beautiful as the case, and very much more, in your build. Seriously, that's some damn nice guts!!!
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum

blooze_man

Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

Slade

Quote from: blooze_man on August 29, 2011, 12:38:02 AM
Run out of brown wire?
He might just have lost his brown from his photoshop colour palette. He must be frustrated... I would be.

darron

i just came home to a great laugh! thanks guys!

the photo was trippy... didn't say i didn't like it! :D
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

guitarmageddon

Thanks David and Darron.
Here are a few of my small builds,

The 'Gnome Bender'

Sili Face

and a Meat Head on plywood...

Taylor

Quote from: guitarmageddon on August 29, 2011, 03:28:02 AM
and a Meat Head on plywood...

Love it! (And your backgrounds are great)

skatman

Quote from: deadastronaut on August 28, 2011, 02:25:12 PM
here's my latest creation :  boost pedal...with scenery... ;D

Love it -  you should put a patent on that one  classic  !

cheers Paul

skatman

Quote from: John Lyons on August 25, 2011, 10:47:40 AM

Love it!

This pedal looks arwsome Darren nice work   

Cheers Paul 

~arph

Quote from: John Lyons on August 28, 2011, 08:54:01 PM

Beautiful as always! but I do see the volume and mid knobs intefering  :icon_eek: I thought you were all about perfection  ;D

deadastronaut

@guitarmaggedon...i was only having a laugh!....i thought it was funny, i was in stitches drawing that boost!... :icon_mrgreen:.... ;D

great builds ...and scenery guys!... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

deadastronaut

Quote from: skatman on August 29, 2011, 04:43:51 AM
Quote from: deadastronaut on August 28, 2011, 02:25:12 PM
here's my latest creation :  boost pedal...with scenery... ;D

Love it -  you should put a patent on that one  classic  !

cheers Paul

cheers paul, it took ages to design, and get just right, it sounds totally rubbish though.... ::)
i'm going to do a run of 30.000 of them, to sell..... ;D
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Greenmachine

@Rossp:

Try mounting your AB switcher with bike chain link instead.  You won't get those sharp edges sticking out.

darron

i just posted videos for these in the vids thread. but here's some cool photos for some pedals i helped shaun klinger out with:

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

John Lyons

Quote from: Taylor on August 28, 2011, 08:59:20 PM
Always like your PCB layouts, John. Getting everything into nice neat rows on a single sided board isn't easy, but looks so much nicer to me than everything going every which way or resistors standing on end. Your stuff is also fantastically priced for the work you put into the insides and outsides.
Thank you sir! You're no slouch with layouts either.  :icon_wink:
The one resistor on end is a modification to the board for the mids
just to keep humble.  :D

Slade said:
He might just have lost his brown from his photoshop colour palette. He must be frustrated... I would be.

Damn! You got it. It IS so frustrating.  :icon_cry:
I'm on a black wire kick as of late. Plenty of brown wire left in stock, fear not!

Beautiful as always! but I do see the volume and mid knobs intefering 
icon_eek I thought you were all about perfection  Grin

If you look close you can see the points of the larger knobs have been ground down flat.
The knobs do not touch at all. They are a bit close to the top though.  :icon_sad:

Thanks guys.  :-*

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/