Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scdesigns

2 new pics from me - First up is the GuitarPCB.com MORC;

Secondly, Madbeans KOKBox aka Box of Metal;

egasimus

That tremolo's rad! Great design.

ACS

Just a boring JFET Buffer and 9V regulated power supply in one box   :icon_cool:

PMcG No.6

gena_p1 that is a sweet-ass looking pedal. Love the graphic!
Be seeing you!

-Chad
www.PenfarFX.com

nexekho

Sealable plastic tubs make great enclosures.
I made the transistor angry.

phector2004

Nice! Kinda makes me wanna re-house my Uglyface into a better plastic container

Is that an amp?

Oh and here are two build tips for other plastic users:

-Only use sturdy enclosures
-Use stranded wire... the plastic bends when you stomp on and plug things

nexekho

It's two parts - a project kit preamp from Maplin years ago (a 5532 stereo op-amp with power stuff) right after the input jack and right before the output with some experimental passive filters inbetween.  Works as a headphone preamp or a gritty as heck distortion.

The plastic does bend a little, but I'm using stranded wire, with no stomp switches and while it does flex a little it's VERY thick plastic and would probably shatter if you stamped on it.

Passive filters:
(bypassable) two diodes fed to the outer lugs of a potentiometer.  Works as a strong noise gate and makes a gritty sound.  Tilt it one way and the increased resistance removes the crest of the wave, tilt it the other and it removes the trough.
Diode clipping - switchable asymmetry and a bypass potentiometer which doesn't work as well as I'd hoped but shapes the tone so eh!  Combined with the noise gate you can get very Gameboy sounds because the wave is clamped to three positions.
A filter I found for converting a square wave into an approximate triangle - some kind of modded low pass.  Combine it with the crest/trough removal and you get an approximate sawtooth wave.
Finally, an adjustable low pass filter.  Get a square wave going up to here and with it at about 95% you can have it chopping away the tail end of the square wave for a very edgy sound.

Was fun!

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: nexekho on September 08, 2011, 09:47:25 AM

No RF interference problems? Radio signals?  :icon_eek:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

nexekho

I use quite a lot of plastic bodied or open bodied pedals right next to a fairly powerful computer.  Only interference I get is when someone turns something hungry on like a kettle or a lightswitch or a vacuum cleaner which is a short pop.

phector2004

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on September 08, 2011, 11:27:39 AM

No RF interference problems? Radio signals?  :icon_eek:

I'm guessing this would only be an issue on anything that can't be breadboarded without obscene noise. Probably not the best idea for a Dr Boogie or something! Wouldn't the worst case scenario be adding a 47pF from input to ground?  ???

EATyourGuitar

470R linear pot WTF? :icon_eek: did you have to buy 1000 to get those made?
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

Scruffie

nexekho

Yeah, we seem to get 47% instead of 50% pots here, not sure why.  Also applies to capacitors?  You can get a 47nf polybox here but not a 50nf.

deadastronaut

Quote from: nexekho on September 08, 2011, 03:48:55 PM
Yeah, we seem to get 47% instead of 50% pots here, not sure why.  Also applies to capacitors?  You can get a 47nf polybox here but not a 50nf.

yep!..just the way it is in the UK/USA.... :-\
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

egasimus

Same thing in Bulgaria. Maybe it's because 47 is in the E6 series, and 51 appears only in E24...

snarblinge

Another Echobase, thanks Taylor for the pcb ;)

b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

ShortScaleMike

Pigyboy

^^^
Always love a good dose of Shortscalemike in the morning!
;D
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

nexekho

Just out of interest, what is that Star Wars themed pedal?  Looks like some kind of dual-stage distortion or maybe an octaver, I dunno

EATyourGuitar

everytime I see the starwars rebel flag on a pedal I think of feisty little one pedals. he puts them on every pedal. especially with no writing on it, that might confuse people. BTW they look good.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF