News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ummagumma

Quote from: Renegadrian on October 18, 2011, 03:27:18 PM
That rangemaster is awesome!!! It deserves an "almost 10", if only you didn't put the white switch washer!!! Also I see a little triangle just under the knob, guess it had to be lowered a little...so it's almost 10...minus those two inperfections!!!

:) well originally it was designed for these knobs (which I currently don't have) that's why arrow should point the current number, but before I order one, I should check the scale to match arrow position. This knob is just temporarily, so don't worry.

guitarmageddon

Those Rangemasters are slick!

Here's my latest Range-Bender, (Rangemaster and Tone Bender II Reissue)

nexekho

I likey that!  Are the perfboards held on by the solder joints of the potentiometers?  If so, did you bend the pot legs to get that angle?  Or are they PCB mount pots?
I made the transistor angry.

guitarmageddon

Nothing as sophisticated as that, just on one stand off and some double sided tape on the back of the pot ;)

blooze_man

Are the ICs part of some sort of power filter circuit?
Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

guitarmageddon

The ICs are voltage converters to provide -9v.

blooze_man

Ooh. That's pretty cool.
Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: guitarmageddon on October 19, 2011, 01:07:28 AM

Did you need to use two converters for that?  Couldnt you build one, and just tap the supply to both pedals?
Try a little tenderness.

Barcode80

Quote from: tiges_ tendres on October 19, 2011, 12:13:03 PM
Quote from: guitarmageddon on October 19, 2011, 01:07:28 AM

Did you need to use two converters for that?  Couldnt you build one, and just tap the supply to both pedals?
It depends on the current rating of the effects you are powering with it. Two FF's or two rangemasters? Yep, absolutely. You just have to make sure the current you are drawing with the two circuits doesn't exceed the current rating of the voltage converter chip, or you will be replacing them often :)

LaceSensor

EchoBase with all the mods:

RingStinger (not done any decal yet - and have since sourced a seventh matching knob...)

Hard work!:

Working on a number of other projects reports soon :)
Read more here if you feel inclined: http://hownotomakeapedal.blogspot.com/

snarblinge

Very nice echobase. out of interest.
where did you put the FX loop? and did you find you needed to tame the dub madness toggle ( I found only a momentary footswitch useable unless "leaving stage") and where are your mods, I made up an entire daughter board, yours looks very tidy inside.
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

LaceSensor

The FX loop is off the Level Control.
Every repeat goes through the loop once. Its cool with a phaser, for example.

I didnt do anything to tame the dub switch, it was just added for completeness. It does go very loud and crazy quite fast, especially if you remove the diodes with the other switch.
Dunno why you needed a daughter board, all the mods can be tack soldered (resistors, diodes, and the standard switch wirings). Thats how I did it anyway.

rugeb

My DOUBLE FUZZ (handmade)...

rugeb

My DOUBLE FUZZ (handmade)...

ShortScaleMike

Amazing Echo Base!

Guts:

LaceSensor

Quote from: ShortScaleMike on October 21, 2011, 05:51:16 AM
Amazing Echo Base!

Compliment indeed coming from you. I see you have PCBs for your Dreambox now. Are you moving other designs onto PCB? Are you planning to sell PCB?

Cheers Mike!

Ian

ShortScaleMike

I have designed a few PCBs for my more popular stuff, once I have ordered test batches to verify they're correct I'll probably move to them for those pedals, but I'll be building on veroboard for a while yet!

As for selling them, I hadn't really considered it, but the designs are on Batch PCB so I could enable you guys to buy from there if you wanted.

LaceSensor

I'd build the dream box for sure... :)

Strategy

Newest build. Lovetone "Brown Source" clone. Was originally going to sell PCB but VERY glad I built it out. Subtle musical overdrive that sounds great on everything. Currently using on Fender Rhodes piano with my band. The bizarre pot layout is due to the board mounted PCB and pretty big PCB size. I think I am going to leave the enclosure raw/unfinished. I recommend this project!

Can't do gut shot today as I left all the screwdrivers in my work space away from home...

Strategy
-----------------------------------------------------
www.strategymusic.com
www.community-library.net
https://soundcloud.com/strategydickow
https://twitter.com/STRATEGY_PaulD

AudioMime

First Build! :)
Karaoke Party! :D
I finally got it working! ;D

Harmonic Jerkulator coming next.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AUDIO MIME
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Quote from: rousejeremy
Stick the Tremulus Lune in a Feedback Loop and your neighbors will call the cops on you. Which will be awesome.