News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glops

Quote from: Skruffyhound link=topic=36392.msg819086#msg819086 date=1322357802
Jeez glops, they just keep getting better. That looks like some alien artifact dug up by archaeologists.
/quote]

Many thanks , man!

Quote from: I like Grunge on November 27, 2011, 03:32:44 AM
This is very very cool! May I ask how it was made?  :icon_lol:

Over acid etched!

Quote from: nicofx on November 27, 2011, 06:32:25 AM
@Glops - Damn your etches are good!! I may have to steal some of your ideas..  :icon_wink:

Thanks, man! No good at clean etches so over etching stuff is what I do!

Quote from: John Lyons on November 28, 2011, 01:36:09 AM
Rockin' box Glops! Now etch the LED bezel and switch holmes.  :D

Good idea!  I did the knobs per your suggestion at ILF.

glops

Acetone Fuzzmaster

Professor Tweed

deadastronaut

@glops: nice industrial/military bunker wartime style....great!. :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

elenore19

Here are some before and after shots of a pedal I built.
The before pictures are of my 1st ever dr. boogie build. Sloppy? Yes.
The after pictures are of the same enclosure now with 3 pedals in it. Dr. Boogie (gaussmarkov layout), Honeybee clone (madbean layout), and Alembic Stratoblaster (my own layout). All 3 pedals powered up on the first try and sounded great which was more or less a first for me. I love not having to debug. Or rather I just hate debugging.
Anywho-
I used what little shielded wire I had left. The order is Stratoblaster->Honeybee->Dr. Boogie.
The boost with the honeybee sound fantastic together. It's a very crisp circuit. The boogie is very noisy, but I'm working on biasing the transistors a little better to maybe cut that out a little.

In the after pictures the LED in the top right is for the boost. I used a dual-gang pot to make it so as you turn the boost up the light gets brighter. I thought that was sorta a cool effect.
Comments and criticism are encouraged!

Before
outside

guts

After
outside

guts

bsmcc2010

Here's my first build. It's a 2 knob dynacomp/ross style compressor with an added blend control to dial in some dry signal-I call it the orange squash. This is the finished enclosure but I haven't finished the board yet.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: elenore19 on November 29, 2011, 01:05:53 PM
outside

outside

Is it me or are one of these photos a mirror image. If it the exact same enclosure for both builds, then shouldn't the bug be facing to the LEFT in the bottom photo  ???

Made me think  :P
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Scruffie

My Tightest build yet, I managed to squeeze Mark Hammers Woody in a 1590B With a Battery & DC Jack

Had this and many boards sat unboxed for ages so I decided it was time to do something about it.

Wiring is neater than it looks (there's method in the madness)... and of course that LED resistor is just temporarily hanging there untill I find my heat shrink.

No Graphics yet, not sure I want to take it all out to apply any either... or what would suit it.

Great effect though, if you get the chance i'd suggest trying it.

skullservant

I built a Ram's Head Big Muff clone today. Wasn't as nearly impressed with it as the Triangle Big Muff. So I modded it to include: Tone bypass switch, mids knob, power starve, and a switch to engage the drone/chaos emitter mod. Much better now.

greeny23

mattthegamer463

Quote from: John Lyons on November 26, 2011, 06:41:14 PM

Extreme minimalist pedal design.  Love it. 

Capacitive touch switches, battery power, and wireless audio transceiver? 

Tacoboy

Some builds... Also no graphics yet...
Let's have phun!

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

markeebee

Quote from: Scruffie on November 29, 2011, 10:52:45 PM
Wiring is neater than it looks (there's method in the madness)...

Yeah, right.  My wiring is always much neater than it looks.  And my playing is much better than it sounds.

Scruffie

Quote from: markeebee on November 30, 2011, 10:16:18 AM
Wiring is neater than it looks (there's method in the madness)...

Yeah, right.  My wiring is always much neater than it looks.  And my playing is much better than it sounds.
Haha, in this case it's actually true, it's just the picture angle makes it look kinda tangled and messy where as it's quite direct and shaped to be out the way, i'm not claiming some of the better guys status but there's not gunna be issues down the road.

I'm suprised at you Mark though... not one pun about Mark Hammers Woody.

deadastronaut

has rick been to area 52?.............he's in on it all.................i knew it!.......HE IS AN ALIEN!.... :icon_eek:     looks great btw.. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

~arph

Quote from: Scruffie on November 30, 2011, 10:22:25 AM
I'm suprised at you Mark though... not one pun about Mark Hammers Woody.

This is a serious business you know  :icon_cool:

kato

Quote from: markeebee on November 30, 2011, 10:16:18 AM
Wiring is neater than it looks

Who can argue with the brilliance of that logic.  :D  It's my new mantra!

If school won't teach you how to fight for what's needed
They're teaching you to go through life and get cheated.

dromilious

today i finished a point to point xotic ep based booster.a custom order for old kate studio at Ioannina Greece.

greeny23

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/