Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zjokka

Quote from: markm on February 15, 2007, 10:09:48 AM
zjokka,
That does look good!

Thanks you Mark. Ever since I first visited this place your tutorial in stompbox etching has been my bible, really. And for no other reason than the results you've shown. After trying different methods, I'm beginning to see points you stressed from the start: short etching time, regular checking, and SAND till u strand. Problem with trying a new etching solution on a good project is that you don't have any clue about the time it needs. and that's one of the most important factors!

often forgotten:
1) choice of font: not too bold or too thick: you will sand out the paint in those large areas
2) illustrations with good contrast, preferabley drawing type
3) keep you design as much away from the edges as you can

zj

Still have to get is spot clean like your Mosfet booster.

markm

Quote from: zjokka on February 15, 2007, 01:33:06 PM

Thanks you Mark. Ever since I first visited this place your tutorial in stompbox etching has been my bible, really. And for no other reason than the results you've shown. After trying different methods, I'm beginning to see points you stressed from the start: short etching time, regular checking, and SAND till u strand. Problem with trying a new etching solution on a good project is that you don't have any clue about the time it needs. and that's one of the most important factors!

often forgotten:
1) choice of font: not too bold or too thick: you will sand out the paint in those large areas
2) illustrations with good contrast, preferabley drawing type
3) keep you design as much away from the edges as you can

zj

Still have to get is spot clean like your Mosfet booster.

These are all VERY good tips for anyone attempting to ecth an enclosure.  :icon_wink:

g3rmanium

Call me Johann.

JimRayden

Oh boy that looks... ZVexish...

Nice clean innards. I like yellow.

---------
Jimbo

g3rmanium

Quote from: JimRayden on February 16, 2007, 03:19:43 AM

Thanks! I should have mounted the battery sideways. This way, the battery holder's wires get squashed. Well, you live, you lean. :icon_rolleyes:
Call me Johann.

markm

Quote from: JimRayden on February 16, 2007, 03:19:43 AM

---------
Jimbo

Yeah, Yellow is cool.  8)

christobean

zjokka, where did you get those led bezels youre using? they slope down outward instead of inward like the radioshack ones i use and have seen. yousr looke cool and different

Shed_FX

Just a couple of pedals ive finished recently. Taken the cloning to the extreme and found the correct lettering! Pretty pleased with how they turned out. You can get the lettering from Letraset and its Palace Script 10mm for the MXR. Pretty pleased with them tho!

Off topic I know but I love this photo. Those who are interested and are in the UK this along with a load of other of Rory's guitars are on display at Harrods at the moment!

jonathan perez

i like the way those jacks look, i will try that sometime.
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

Shed_FX

On the bluebox i squeezed the jack and the switch all in line, the battery fits below those. The circuit was built on vero board so it was quite a squeeze!

John Lyons

Quote from: g3rmanium on February 16, 2007, 02:21:20 AM

Ok GE, what is it? The Switching jack makes me think it's something that can be used with out a guitar plugged in.
Some kind of oscillator?

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Seljer

Quote from: Shed_FX on February 16, 2007, 12:30:53 PM
Off topic I know but I love this photo. Those who are interested and are in the UK this along with a load of other of Rory's guitars are on display at Harrods at the moment!

I love that guitar  :)

g3rmanium

Quote from: Basicaudio on February 16, 2007, 01:49:13 PM
Ok GE, what is it? The Switching jack makes me think it's something that can be used with out a guitar plugged in.
Some kind of oscillator?

No, just an Atmos.

Here's the second I finished. The wiring is better -- no wonder it took me three hours. :icon_confused:

Johann
Call me Johann.

John Lyons

Oh... ok, I see that you just used a switching jack and didn't wire up the other lugs. Jeez, those jacks are expensive $5+ each!
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

sfr

Quote from: g3rmanium on February 16, 2007, 08:11:19 AM
I should have mounted the battery sideways. This way, the battery holder's wires get squashed.

I use the battery clips with the wires coming out between the battery lugs (on the "long" side rather than the "short" side) when I have to mount a battery this way, (after finally mangling the wires beyond function on a pedal where they were squashed like that) but I just wish I could find the "heavy duty" battery clips with the wires coming out that way. . .
sent from my orbital space station.

g3rmanium

Quote from: sfr on February 17, 2007, 04:26:12 AM
I use the battery clips with the wires coming out between the battery lugs (on the "long" side rather than the "short" side) when I have to mount a battery this way, (after finally mangling the wires beyond function on a pedal where they were squashed like that) but I just wish I could find the "heavy duty" battery clips with the wires coming out that way. . .

Good idea, thanks.
Call me Johann.

zjokka

I forgot the obligatory gut shot -- a real diy-er is not afraid to show his bare wires. so here goes:

The led bezels somebody asked about -- got them at a local store that ran out of them, didn't find them since, but didn't really look.

zj

Quote from: zjokka on February 15, 2007, 10:01:46 AM

dano12

Quote from: christobean on February 16, 2007, 09:37:43 AM
zjokka, where did you get those led bezels youre using? they slope down outward instead of inward like the radioshack ones i use and have seen. yousr looke cool and different

Jameco has these. I've used 'em before and they are quite nice.

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=141111&pa=141111PS

zjokka

and banzaieffects.com in the EU has them: didn't find a better place to do stompbox specific shopping as yet, although I only order there what I cannot find at futurlec. the value packs at banzai are the ones from futurlec at an elevated price  :icon_eek:

silly I didn't check earlier about the bezels

http://banzaieffects.com/LED-socket-5mm-outwards-pr-17376.html

thanks still dano
Quote from: dano12 on February 17, 2007, 08:11:08 AM
Quote from: christobean on February 16, 2007, 09:37:43 AM
Jameco has these. I've used 'em before and they are quite nice.

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=141111&pa=141111PS

Izzy

I was wondering where did you get those huge jacks from?

Quote from: Shed_FX on February 16, 2007, 12:30:53 PM
Just a couple of pedals ive finished recently. Taken the cloning to the extreme and found the correct lettering! Pretty pleased with how they turned out. You can get the lettering from Letraset and its Palace Script 10mm for the MXR. Pretty pleased with them tho!