SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

Quote from: kato on June 08, 2012, 06:09:37 PM
Quote from: davent on June 07, 2012, 09:27:29 PM
Thanks guys, much appreciated!  Was playing/experimenting with some new to me and readily available, waterbased paints and finishing materials. Starts out pretty rough but the clearcoat saves the day.

Take care
dave

Dave, if you have the inclination and the means to shoot a short video of your process, I'm dying to see how you do it.

Kato, I put something together over here. http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=97942.0

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

poppyman

Quote from: John Lyons on June 17, 2012, 10:34:04 AM

John, your hammerite finished pedals all look absolutely gorgeous. I bought a couple of tins of hammerite paint a while ago and I thought it was time to give it a go...
I was just wondering how you did the labelling on this paint. Is it just waterslide decals? It looks way to clean for that, though.

thanks in advance  :)

motvej

Quote from: Slade on June 18, 2012, 01:14:03 PM
THREEMOLO

[/center]
Regards,
Fernando.-

Oh God! Why I was not born an engineer and can not create anything complex like this... :icon_eek:

THOMMO

Had this circuit laying around for ages and finally found an enclosure for it. Blues CD case, put in some felt for the front and back. Both sides open.
IC buffer>>BM treble boost>>NPN booster. The pot on the NPN boost needs replacing but can't be bothered doing it atm  :)

Guts

Thommo  :)
May The Twang Be With You

THOMMO

Quote from: Eggs on June 18, 2012, 08:24:34 PM
The tits are for the hump,  the arse is for the fat!

LMAO  :icon_mrgreen: You wouldn't be an Aussie, by any chance!?! lol

TG Flatline

Quote from: Slade on June 18, 2012, 01:14:03 PM
THREEMOLO

It's a tremulus with many mods, a second LFO to modulate speed and a series LDR with the main LDR to modulate the signal previous to the mail LDR. Many waveforms and lots of fun with this box.

Regards,
Fernando.-

Fantastic etch!!

Slade

Thanks for the coments, guys :)

Eggs

Quote from: THOMMO on June 19, 2012, 05:27:52 AM
Quote from: Eggs on June 18, 2012, 08:24:34 PM
The tits are for the hump,  the arse is for the fat!

LMAO  :icon_mrgreen: You wouldn't be an Aussie, by any chance!?! lol

Nah. I'm a Scotsman.  :)

John Lyons

John, I was just wondering how you did the labelling on this paint. Is it just waterslide decals?
Yes, just water slide decal. 
Thanks for the kind words. :icon_wink:
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

aballen

Ok, I'm sharing pics for the 1000 competition.  I'm still new at this, but getting a lot better thanks to all the great feedback from this forum.

The case

The guts

I put the stereo mod board on with headers, so I could remove it or relocate it if needed.
So many builds, I just can't list them anymore.

aballen

I'm also quite pleased with how this one turned out.

So many builds, I just can't list them anymore.

kaycee

Quote from: poppyman on June 19, 2012, 01:15:48 AM
I was just wondering how you did the labelling on this paint. Is it just waterslide decals? It looks way to clean for that, though

If I'm laying a decal over a Hammered finish, I usually apply a couple of coats of paint on clear coat first to level it out a bit. You'll need to check paint and decal compatability, can't use waterbased paints over inkject decals, it disolves them, use an acrylic or polyurethane based -  lazer print ones are okay though.

bluebunny

Here's another of my modest efforts:

It's Rick's Promiscuous Girlfriend.  But just don't tell his missus...  :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

THOMMO

[/quote]

Nah. I'm a Scotsman.  :)

[/quote]

Cool, my Pop was a Scottish  :)

This is really cool, aballen!!

[/quote]

gulnare69

^
Envirotex?
Gotta get me some of that. Anyone know good places in Australia to purchase? I found a place in Adelaide, but I'm in Perth on the other side of the country.

deadastronaut

Quote from: aballen on June 19, 2012, 11:34:19 AM
Ok, I'm sharing pics for the 1000 competition.

erm... its not page 1000 yet!. ???. cool builds btw.. :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

darron

Dr Boogie

edit: oh! by the way. you may notice that the artwork was quite 'inspired' by an old Ruz Guitar etch! (:

I've already shown this ages ago, but my brother took some cool photos which is what I'm really showing off (:

And one of Shaun Klinger's Buzz Fuzz pedals. The only part I played in this was the metal plate, but I'd like to show off the cool photo for him here (:

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

vassil

Marta Drive - Fuzz, Distortion, Overdrive, Boost. DIY - all in one conception.

Slade

Quote from: darron on June 20, 2012, 06:53:47 AM
Dr Boogie

edit: oh! by the way. you may notice that the artwork was quite 'inspired' by an old Ruz Guitar etch! (:

I think that idiot was 'inspired' by the real Dual Rectifier Mesa Boogie...
And yours is much more like it.

Anyway... what's your billing address?

:P

Colonel Angus

Quote from: vassil on June 20, 2012, 08:02:14 AM
Marta Drive - Fuzz, Distortion, Overdrive, Boost. DIY - all in one conception.

That's really cool! Sounds great!
Quote from: frequencycentral on June 16, 2012, 12:59:15 PM
Why should you not have 90o angles? Do the electrons bunch up in the corners?