Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NazzTazz

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

roseblood11

Quote from: Colonel Angus on June 29, 2012, 08:29:16 AM
+1 on the tweed pedal.That is extra classy! Cheers Roseblood!

thx!
That's only cheap tolex taken from the backside of my old Carvin amp.

John Lyons used real tweed on some pedals before, I just copied that stye...
http://www.mrdwab.com/john/images/gallery/CE_55.jpg
http://www.mrdwab.com/john/images/gallery/CE_97.jpg
http://www.mrdwab.com/john/images/gallery/CE_74.jpg

Güero

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

motvej

updated "Día de los Muertos" Pulsar
three damaged enclosures, but an excellent result :o

jolly1423

Orpheum Fuzz http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/DRAGONFLY-LAYOUTS_0/album18/album144/album109/ORPHEUM_FUZZ_VERO.gif.html with a couple mods. I didn't have a 47 k resistor for R5 so I put in a pot and I kinda liked it so just left it and then I put a set of GE diodes to ground on a toggle. They kind of mellow out the splatter and almost bring you into OD territory. The added options don't really work like typical controls, they're very interactive but it really expanded the tone and gain range on it a ton but I'm still able to get that nasty 60's fuzz. Really happy with how this one come out looking  :D

mthibeau

Been lurking here for a while now, still learning how to build all these things, for now just doing "paint by numbers" and using other people's vero layouts (Sabrotone, IvIark's layouts, and others). Really having fun making these stompboxes though... here are a few of my finished builds - sorry no gut shots, still trying to get that neater :)

Govmnt_Lacky

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Pyr0

I might as well post this one here as well, just incase some people don't watch the other thread.  ;)

So after my first not too great attempt at etching, I decided to do something a little more basic, with cleaner lines. My son has been hassling me for a Klon, so this is for him.
I'm happy with how this one turned out.

I'll add a gut shot when I get it wired up and working.

deadastronaut

^beauty... :icon_cool:

@mthibeau : we don't need no stinking badges.. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

NazzTazz

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on July 02, 2012, 07:21:04 PM
Quote from: NazzTazz on June 29, 2012, 12:57:52 PM

SWEET ADVERTISEMENT!!!  ::)

I'm sorry if my post looks like an ad. I was simply happy to show my first "non-prototype" build, with serial 001, properly boxed. I gave it to my best friend for his birthday :)
I didn't realize these pics could be considered as an ad...

Whats inside - ST-9 basis:

Gain (without additionnal resistor so you can get a real clean boost)
Fat - Band-pass filter, adjustable from 200 to 1.2khz, adds 8ish db.
Tone - standard 20kw like in regular TS-9s
Style - 5 positions rotary: (1n34) / (1n34 one way, 1n4148 other way) / (1n4148) / (bat85) / (led)
Level

Boost FS switches caps (from clipping stage's feedback loop to ground, see RG's notes about TS technologies)

Slade

Quote from: NazzTazz on July 05, 2012, 07:59:00 AM
They all are... I mean ours, not only yours. What better way to advertise our pedals than posting cool pics here?
What's the problem with that? :icon_wink:

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Slade on July 05, 2012, 09:13:36 AM
They all are... I mean ours, not only yours. What better way to advertise our pedals than posting cool pics here?

I must offer up my apologies to NazzTazz

My browser must be acting up one me  :icon_redface: Initially, when I posted that response, I only saw what appeared to be 3 pictures of the cardboard box with all of your company info and contact stuff. Today, I can now see a picture of the pedal.

Sorry to have snapped like that but I thought you just put up pictures of the cardboard box.

So I guess the next question is...... Where's the GUTS??  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

NazzTazz

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on July 05, 2012, 10:26:54 AM
Quote from: Slade on July 05, 2012, 09:13:36 AM

I must offer up my apologies to NazzTazz

My browser must be acting up one me  :icon_redface: Initially, when I posted that response, I only saw what appeared to be 3 pictures of the cardboard box with all of your company info and contact stuff. Today, I can now see a picture of the pedal.

Sorry to have snapped like that but I thought you just put up pictures of the cardboard box.

So I guess the next question is...... Where's the GUTS??  ;D

It's ok ! (Although there isn't any contact stuff on the box :P)

No way to post gutshots of these: I'm REALLY disappointed about offboard wiring. Too many wires, which are all too long. Looks like a plate of spaghetti. I'd be really ashamed to post "this" here.
(Schematics and stripboard layout are available tho, drop me a PM ; i'll make a post later)

NazzTazz

--- quoted instead of edit ---

tyzjames

Some recent builds:

Skruffyhound

@mthibeau
Like your graphic style and that it's consistent across all your pedals.

Kitarist

Oh well here is my fuzz pedal :)

The paint was kinda too thick so it was hard to make it "flat" as it should be but yea it kinda turned out nice.

alfio

Quote from: tyzjames on July 05, 2012, 11:23:23 AM
Some recent builds:

Lovely font for the writings, what is?

CynicalMan

Quote from: Kitarist on July 06, 2012, 06:21:27 AM
Oh well here is my fuzz pedal :)

The paint was kinda too thick so it was hard to make it "flat" as it should be but yea it kinda turned out nice.

Wow, that's incredible.  :o How did you get that finish?