SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

add4

Quote from: Arseniy on August 11, 2012, 03:43:19 AM
Octaver

beautiful boxes! how do you print the art on them?
congrats they are really appealing!

edit : just read the compains about quoting multiple pictures ... so i deleted the others. :)

~arph

:icon_mrgreen:

Obviously didn't read the previous comments.. +3

add4

Quote from: ~arph on August 14, 2012, 05:57:40 AM
:icon_mrgreen:

Obviously didn't read the previous comments.. +3

reacted BEFORE i read it, then modified my post :)

~arph

tuckster

It takes 1000 pages to notice that we are actually at page 400 because of all that full quotes :icon_eek:
Does it mean that there is "the real page 1000 competition"?  :icon_twisted:

Years ago as the interweb was just a place for high IQ computer geeks someone wrote this nice piece of text ---> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855
I think his idea was to prevent people from creating such massive threads. I know its about emails, news groups etc. but it can be easily adopted to online forums  :icon_biggrin:

" - Read all of a discussion in progress (we call this a thread)
before posting replies.  Avoid posting "Me Too" messages,
where content is limited to agreement with previous posts.
Content of a follow-up post should exceed quoted content."

"You may shorten the message and quote only relevant parts"

I broke the rules toooooooo  :icon_cry:
  • SUPPORTER

Pyr0

Jdansti

Quote from: tuckster on August 14, 2012, 07:03:06 AM
It takes 1000 pages to notice that we are actually at page 400 because of all that full quotes :icon_eek:

Each page holds 20 posts regardless of the size of each post, so we should be OK. :)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

tuckster

Quote from: Jdansti on August 14, 2012, 10:03:52 AM

Each page holds 20 posts regardless of the size of each post, so we should be OK. :)

ok, sorry never thought about or checked that  :icon_neutral:
  • SUPPORTER

gulnare

Quote from: Keppy on August 11, 2012, 08:26:45 AM
The headliners of the Zombie Apocalypse:

This thing sounds freakin' amazing, what are the circuits for the various sections based on?

Keppy

Quote from: gulnare on August 14, 2012, 12:26:27 PM
This thing sounds freakin' amazing, what are the circuits for the various sections based on?

Let's see... LT1054 charge pump inverter (datasheet, modified), 13600 sine wave oscillator (datasheet, modified), 13600 four-quadrant multiplier (datasheet, modified), JFET noise gate (A/DA Flanger, modified), Triangle LFO (CE-2, modified), Maestro FSH-1 (Tonda mods), plus various buffers, switching schemes, etc. to make it all work together.

I plan to continue refining things on this design, so the parts from the FSH-1 in particular will eventually resemble the circuits they're drawn from a whole lot less.

Thanks for the kind words! I spent over a year on this design, and it still has a ways to go. It's nice to have it boxed up and working, though.
"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

John Lyons

Fun sounds there Keppy, nice work!
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Jdansti

Quote from: gulnare on August 14, 2012, 12:26:27 PM
Quote from: Keppy on August 11, 2012, 08:26:45 AM
The headliners of the Zombie Apocalypse:

+1!
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

artifus

Years ago as the interweb was just a place for high IQ computer geeks someone wrote this nice piece of text ---> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855
I think his idea was to prevent people from creating such massive threads. I know its about emails, news groups etc. but it can be easily adopted to online forums  :icon_biggrin:

this 'issue' comes up periodically and i gotta say that, personally, i'm with tuckster on this. but i understand that it takes all sorts and that different strokes work for different folks. it's just an opinion but i fail to see the logic in quoting previous posts in full. it doesn't take much time or effort to edit a quote down to the relevant pic or verse, the quote links to the relevant post automatically and i just see it as i matter of courtesy to others to do so. think of our rsi, monitor size and bandwidth! and wont somebody please think of the children! as i say , just another opinion, one of many, and not really an issue at all, just had to get my voice out there, as it were. analogies could be drawn to human interaction in 'meat space' but i'll leave it to the reader to conjure their own.

kato

Just wow - I gotta say, this is an impressive community of creative badasses. I came for the end of the world and was treated to toilet seats, upside down crosses, and giant dildos. A lot of really impressive projects, etchings, and paint jobs here. Also some hearty laugh-out-loud chuckles. Pandemic graphic is awesome. The Four Horsemen graphic is pure badass doom. (I couldn't stop my hand from forming a metal sign.) And the anti-nautilus sounds like nothing I've ever heard before.

Well done gentlemen. I love this place.
If school won't teach you how to fight for what's needed
They're teaching you to go through life and get cheated.

kato

More random props if I may...

Love the black muff!

Quote from: jimmybjj on July 22, 2012, 06:52:51 PM

Awesome black and green swirlie!

Quote from: DUY1337GUITAR on August 02, 2012, 10:22:10 PM

Better than zvex fuzz factory graphic!

(Do you mind sharing this with the community so I can make a cool-looking fuzz factory without working up a graphic that would never look half as cool.  Or is that discouraged around here?  Either way, looks like a professionally designed product.)

Quote from: semicolonoscopy on August 08, 2012, 04:57:02 PM

Quote from: puretube on August 08, 2012, 09:44:05 PM

I would love to see someone accept the challenge and try a rev-eng on this.
If I ever design a circuit that I don't want cloned, I daydream that I would use a 4 layer board, with covert tracks inside that lead nowhere, and others tracks that lead to dummy components, and true cap values disguised in the sum of parallel caps at opposite ends of the PCB, all resistors dipped in black epoxy to hide the stripes, and fake IC rebranding. I realize anything can be figured out with enough persistance, but I'd make it a true feat of insanity.

Strangely I root for both the engineer and the hacker.

Skulls and flowers, woot!

Quote from: motvej on June 30, 2012, 06:03:22 PM

T-bone, dig the color scheme on your BBE. The yellow knobs work.

Quote from: mthibeau on July 02, 2012, 07:07:14 PM

haveyouseenhim

I just finished Rick's Little Angel Chorus

And this is what happens when your box cutter slips up onto the speed square when cutting a copper clad board.   ;D

• SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

artifus

kato

Ugh, that gave me chills. I wish I could un-see it. But since I can't I'll just thank you for the reminder to be careful next time I'm forcing a sharp tool near my flesh...

mwynwood

Ouch! I feel your pain  :icon_cry: I stabbed a Phillips head screwdriver deep into he palm of my hand the other day... ouch.
Marcus Wynwood
My Build Blog
MarcusGuitar.com

StefSamy

Almost embarassing for a guitarist :/ :(