News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

Beautiful artwork SmoothAction! I really like the angular brush strokes (particularly the "butterfly" pattern near the horizon and layering on the first box. It's one of those things that "works" differently at a distance vs. closeup.

Very flattered that I inspired someone to do that (and a little jealous of your skills  :icon_redface:).
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

deadastronaut

Quote from: Haddock on April 26, 2013, 10:11:40 AM
Hello,

My last built, Dual tap tremolo / delay.

Greetings
Urs

love that...cool knob arrangement too.. :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

liagasg

My latest build. It's a Bass Fuzz (MXR El grande ) clone. I really love the way it looks. I build it for a fellow bass player.
Warlord Custom

ch1naski

All of these builds make me feel so amateurish.

Awesome work, hombres:)
Mockingbird wish me luck.

electricgrave

Foxx Tone Machine

arma61

Hi all

my latest, it's a DOD250 adapted for bass and a blender to blend clean and distorted signals. In addition a, separately powered, circuit to show the blending level using a stereo pot. It's supposed to have a big knob in the center to be rotated by foot, though I still have to find a suitable (read recycling..) one..

a bit messy inside

and a short video in action...

Ciao!!
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

TG Flatline

Latest from me:

Distortion in a recycled Boss DS-2 enclosure. Customer wanted it in a Boss box so I had some fun turning it into that! True bypass switching using a 4049 CMOS latch driving mictester's relay bypass circuit from the other forum. I've put a build diary up on my site for anyone that's interested - www.cogeffects.co.uk/boss

Tom

FunkyGibbon

Quote from: liagasg on May 01, 2013, 10:17:43 AM
My latest build. It's a Bass Fuzz (MXR El grande ) clone. I really love the way it looks. I build it for a fellow bass player.

Nice white lettering. How was it done? It doesn't look like you've printed orange onto white decal paper.

jimilee

Hers my latest build, it's a daddy daughter build. It's a madbean retrograde on the right and a baseballs on the left. In the middle is a common anode LED that lights red for the baseballs and green for for the retrograde. It was my first 2 in one, and the wiring is all noodly but it works. My 5 year old did the art work. She had a great time with the bear hug compressor a while back and decided it was time for another build.

liagasg

Quote from: FunkyGibbon on May 01, 2013, 07:35:14 PM
Quote from: liagasg on May 01, 2013, 10:17:43 AM

Nice white lettering. How was it done? It doesn't look like you've printed orange onto white decal paper.

The enclosure was painted orange. It's a hammond orange colored enclosure.
The lettering is vinyl. White vinyl, cutout on a digital print house. I then applied the self adhesive cutout vinyl lettering on the enclosure.
The design/file was made in Coreldraw.
After all these, I applied clear coat varnish. Several layers.
Warlord Custom

Jdansti

Quote from: jimilee on May 01, 2013, 08:30:31 PM

Hers my latest build, it's a daddy daughter build. It's a madbean retrograde on the right and a baseballs on the left. In the middle is a common anode LED that lights red for the baseballs and green for for the retrograde. It was my first 2 in one, and the wiring is all noodly but it works. My 5 year old did the art work. She had a great time with the bear hug compressor a while back and decided it was time for another build.

Cool build and cute artwork!  She's almost old enough to start wielding a soldering iron!   :icon_eek:

Can she identify any of the parts yet?
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Benoit08

fuzz face, with the "turret board" schematic :

XXISouthpaw

First build, woolly mammoth clone, not lacquered yet but was too eager to post it haha.

artifus

darron

Quote from: Benoit08 on May 02, 2013, 02:21:36 PM
fuzz face, with the "turret board" schematic :

that's cool! always wanted to get that effect but never did it properly.

it doesn't count to have such a small photo and no pic of the turret board guts in action  ;D
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Benoit08

darron

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

snarblinge

Armando I am stealing that idea, what ic did you use to drive the LEDs? I'm thinking a knight rider style enclosure for a 2 knob fuzz. Led crazy
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

moosapotamus

moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

arma61

Quote from: snarblinge on May 03, 2013, 04:57:00 AM
Armando I am stealing that idea, what ic did you use to drive the LEDs? I'm thinking a knight rider style enclosure for a 2 knob fuzz. Led crazy

Hi

IC is an LM3914N

I had problem with the stereo pot controlling either the blending and the LEDs crk, so I had to use a dedicate power supply for the LEDs one, a battery in this case. Don't know how it will behave in a fuzz pot control.

I can, of course, share the files if needed (I have them in ExpressSCH and PCB format).

Ciao

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen