Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Rotten komp from grind customs

jimilee

Quote from: Jdansti on May 02, 2013, 02:01:58 PM
Quote from: jimilee on May 01, 2013, 08:30:31 PM

Hers my latest build, it's a daddy daughter build. It's a madbean retrograde on the right and a baseballs on the left. In the middle is a common anode LED that lights red for the baseballs and green for for the retrograde. It was my first 2 in one, and the wiring is all noodly but it works. My 5 year old did the art work. She had a great time with the bear hug compressor a while back and decided it was time for another build.

Cool build and cute artwork!  She's almost old enough to start wielding a soldering iron!   :icon_eek:

Can she identify any of the parts yet?
not yet. Hopefully soon though. She is leaning towards singing more than anything so far.

artifus

just be thankful it's not percussion. beautiful stuff by the way.

Benoit08

Quote from: glops on April 10, 2013, 02:56:24 PM
More dual fuzz action!  Foxx Tone Machine and a Rosac NU FUZZ. Nu Fuzz is rippin'!!!!!!!

I am really fan of your projects !!!  :P

could you explain how you do this etched enclosure ?? (and the paint !  ;D )

thanks !

electricgrave

jimilee

Quote from: artifus on May 03, 2013, 03:17:55 PM
just be thankful it's not percussion. beautiful stuff by the way.
no kidding. My 11 year old used to have a drum set, total noise, horrible. My first 22 year old was a drummer and we used to jam together when he was younger though. Then he got a girlfriend, went downhill after that.
/derail

ppcnostalgic

Anotger Rebote Delay with some mods. The Filter control is a 100k w pot between .027 (changed to .047) cap and ground, allowing a nice tonal range upon repeats just from warm-dark to cold-crystal ones, very useful and pleasant.

dromilious

One pedal per day throws the doctor away !

artifus

may the fourth be with you.

bluebunny

Quote from: artifus on May 04, 2013, 06:44:43 PM
may the fourth be with you.

Two elephants and a snake fall down a hill.  Boo-boom, tsss!   ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

artifus

haha! always preferred the kick drum and hi-hat down the stairs version...

man! one second off posting on all the fours there!

glops

Quote from: Benoit08 on May 03, 2013, 03:24:56 PM
Quote from: glops on April 10, 2013, 02:56:24 PM
More dual fuzz action!  Foxx Tone Machine and a Rosac NU FUZZ. Nu Fuzz is rippin'!!!!!!!

I am really fan of your projects !!!  :P

could you explain how you do this etched enclosure ?? (and the paint !  ;D )

thanks !

Thanks, man! Search on this forum and you will find the info!

pickdropper

I had a couple of populated Ross Compressor boards lying around, so I boxed them up.  Similar art to my previous builds, but I played around with the look a bit.

I had a couple of populated Ross Comp boards from the most recent batch, so I decided to box them up.  I kept the same artwork, but tried a couple of different things aesthetically.

Pettol

Quote from: pickdropper on May 07, 2013, 09:39:00 AM
I had a couple of populated Ross Compressor boards lying around, so I boxed them up.  Similar art to my previous builds, but I played around with the look a bit.

I had a couple of populated Ross Comp boards from the most recent batch, so I decided to box them up.  I kept the same artwork, but tried a couple of different things aesthetically.

Those are absolutely astonishing! Love the graphics. Are they etched?

pickdropper

Thanks.  :-)

Yeah, they are both laser etched.  The teal colored box has a two-tone acrylic plate with a metalized finish on it.

XXISouthpaw

That looks excellent, love the teal and chrome contrast. What did you use for the raised chrome if you don't mind me asking?

ch1naski

Quote from: XXISouthpaw on May 07, 2013, 10:54:36 AM

That looks excellent, love the teal and chrome contrast. What did you use for the raised chrome if you don't mind me asking?
I believe he posted that the chrome is a metallized acrylic plate.
Those are so clean looking, just perfect symmetry.
Mockingbird wish me luck.

pickdropper

Quote from: ch1naski on May 07, 2013, 11:06:11 AM
Quote from: XXISouthpaw on May 07, 2013, 10:54:36 AM

I believe he posted that the chrome is a metallized acrylic plate.
Those are so clean looking, just perfect symmetry.

Yep, it is a laser cut and etched acrylic plate with a brushed metal finish on top.  The finish isn't actually metal as the 30w laser unused won't cut or etch that.

Camphausen

bluebunny

^^^ Like these a lot.  Funny too!   :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...