News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1naski

Quote from: Focalized on May 18, 2013, 10:55:41 PM
Love the Shocktave. Made and sold obe before. I have one needing a paint job. It has a sweet spot I had to find.
they definitely have a sweet spot, where it tracks nicely and is prominent. And not too much fuzz, more like a overdrive. I love it.
Mockingbird wish me luck.

Kesh

ch1naski

Those nebulae are perfect for a reverb graphic. Good choice, . And love the gold knobs

mth5044

Nice reverbs, Kesh. Belton?

arma61

Hi guys

finally finished this one, it took almost one year... ok not to build it!! just busy with other stuff!!

A BIG BIG THANK TO FORUM-MATE MARKEEBEE, HE DID THE BASIC OF THE GRAPHICS!!!

It's nothing more that a TS with switchable diode/led option

and the guts!!

Thanks again Mark!!

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

markeebee

Ooohhhhhhh, that looks very good! I like the race car logos!

Kesh

ch1naski

Quote from: arma61 on May 19, 2013, 02:43:19 PM
Hi guys

finally finished this one, it took almost one year... ok not to build it!! just busy with other stuff!!

A BIG BIG THANK TO FORUM-MATE MARKEEBEE, HE DID THE BASIC OF THE GRAPHICS!!!

It's nothing more that a TS with switchable diode/led option

and the guts!!

Thanks again Mark!!
holy smokes. I remember when you were looking for some help with those graphics.  Great that you finally finished it, looks super.

arma61

thx Mark! Thx ch1naski, fortunately I've asked for help!! it's always worth asking for help here... I know that!! 

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

phizone

Ok, this is plain Jane, but it's the first one I've completed starting from schematic and doing everything myself. Created the layout with DIYLC from the Son of Screamer schematic at geofex and transferred via laserjet on transparency. The board is much larger than it needed to be and the wiring a bit messy, but I'm learning.

ch1naski

That's rad. I wish I could build from scratch like that...you should be proud of that box.

bancika

This one started as Timmy OD but I wanted to do a super-duper-ultra-mega flexible clipping switcher. It features two 8 pole DIP switches that allow selecting up to 7 different diodes per waveform side independently. Multiple diodes are connected in series to achieve higher headroom and combine different clipping characteristics of diodes. So far I've got schottkey, Ge, misterious CV425 (has Vf=410mV, probably ge of some sort), two Si, LED and Mosfet. Three slots are socketed so I can experiment with different LEDs, mosfets and diodes. The last switch in the DIP array turns off the whole clipping array for that side of waveform making it sort of a clean booster. However, without diodes clipping we can overdrive the second IC stage because there's a lot of signal which sounds different, so there's plenty of room for experimenting with clipping settings.

Just need to figure out what I'm going to do with labeling.

The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

snarblinge

b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

Frances Rhodes

Quote from: bancika on May 21, 2013, 07:01:09 AM

holy shoot, i'm really feeling this circuit board!! looks exactly like my old fender bandmaster circuit board, how did you do that?
"If it's too loud, you're not too old, it's Alancka Effectors."

https://www.facebook.com/alancka.effectors?sk=info

bancika

Thanks. It's an eyelet board, the same like I do for amps just using smaller eyelets (keystone #35, available at mouser). You can do it with standard #45 eyelets but a bit less compact, they are huge compared to smaller components we use for stompboxes (although these resistors are OK for tube amps too). Here's fuzz face with #45 eyelets. Board is almost as large although it's much simpler circuit.

It's a lot of work to fabricate a board this way but it's rewarding, looks great and should be sturdy...it's 1/8" inch thick, can probably survive a nuclear strike :)

ch1naski

bancika, those are bad ass!  Pretty cool off you to supply the layout for your Timmy, too.
Is there a special tool for installing eyelets?

midwayfair

I love how the op amp was done there :P
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

bancika

Quote from: ch1naski on May 21, 2013, 10:28:42 AM
bancika, those are bad ass!  Pretty cool off you to supply the layout for your Timmy, too.
Is there a special tool for installing eyelets?

there probably is, but I don't have it :) I use a pointed steel bit and a hammer to stake them

John Lyons

^ I use a ground down nail and a hammer.  :D
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

bancika

Quote from: midwayfair on May 21, 2013, 10:42:57 AM
I love how the op amp was done there :P

for opamp I got mill-max wrap socket (and it was free sample, shhhh  :icon_redface:)