Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebunny

Quote from: mistahead on July 28, 2013, 11:51:18 PM
Clean aesthetics are good.

I like the style and the build.

+1.  Looks good from where I'm sitting!
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Mustachio

Wow @ that vibe in a wah shell!
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

deadastronaut

^ yeah cool...

metal dc socket?... ???
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Liquitone

Quote from: ch1naski on July 28, 2013, 07:40:19 PM
Wishing you good health, my friend.
thank you :)

Quote from: deadastronaut on July 29, 2013, 07:30:46 AM
^ yeah cool...

metal dc socket?... ???

yes, it uses a 24v electro-harmonics power-supply which has a positive tip/negative ring so its not a problem.

jimilee

SO this is a Ver 1 BYOC Chorus that I built freestyle. I bought the PCB from someone and then sourced the parts myself, instead of building from a Kit. A chorus pedal is something I use frequently, but oddly enough, I'd never built. i heard good things about this one, and so far I dig the tones. Only issue I had was putting a diode in backwards and spending a day trying to figure what went wrong. And no build report would be complete without crappy video. The wiring isn't as messy as it looks and the battery snap is just for kicks and giggles. The Enviro job is my best to date i think. Enjoy!!!

ch1naski

Nice chorus, jimi. The graphics make me want to shave my head and give away flowers at airports. ;)
Mockingbird wish me luck.

ch1naski

Phase 45 with vibe caps mod, and blend (depth) mod, on a PCB designed by Stomptown over at the madbean forums (I'm not sure if he's lurking around these forums with a different moniker....)

I somehow managed to damage the decal even after a couple coats of clear acrylic... Grrrrrr.

I found out after wiring it for battery that it's a 4site enclosure, so the dimensions didn't line up with my standard Hammond drill template.... So it's in the middle of being rewired.
Great board, super easy layout to work with.

Güero

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

ch1naski

Beauty retro look.

ch1naski

liagasg

One of my latest builds. More work needed. That's just the chassis.

Warlord Custom

emilyandmiles

Enclosures still need finishing. Am thinking of having a go at etching on these....

midwayfair

Two Bearhug compressors, both built to the new specs I wrote about recently, on 1776 PCBs.

A Bearhug of Very Little Brain
I made this one specifically for my main pedal board.

New demo:

Hey Hey We're the Monsqueeze

This one was built for a customer. He supplied me with a very awesome mock-up of the art, and I copied it as best I could in hand paints. Base color is Pedal Parts Plus's Bluebonnet -- makes an excellent background.

I don't know what the Hebrew script says ...

The "Squeeze" is as close as I could get to the Monkees logo with those letters. It wasn't perfect, but I had already painted over/removed it a couple times and this was the best one. It's all 1776 on the inside. :)

For everyone who doesn't know what this is about ... which I expect is many of us (I certainly didn't), here's the relevant clip. Zappa interviewed Mike Nesmith as if Nesmith was Zappa:
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Hexjibber

Quote from: emilyandmiles on August 02, 2013, 09:10:56 AM
Enclosures still need finishing. Am thinking of having a go at etching on these....

Do it! :) I wrote a little guide if you're interested...

http://diy-guitar-effects.tumblr.com/etching

Can be very rewarding, I'd recommend it to anyone! :)

emilyandmiles

QuoteDo it!  I wrote a little guide if you're interested...

...have just read through this. Really encouraging  :)

Do you think it would harm the process to have the print outs done a couple of days before ironing?
(I'd have to have a friend print them out on his printer)

Hexjibber

Quote from: emilyandmiles on August 02, 2013, 09:58:08 AM
Do you think it would harm the process to have the print outs done a couple of days before ironing?

I don't think so tbh, I've always done them within a day or two at the most but only because I wanted to get cracking, should be fine.

Good luck, be sure to post your results! :)

emilyandmiles

QuoteGood luck, be sure to post your results!

Cheers man, will do. (Can't promise they'll be pretty though  :) )

garcho

@emilyandmiles    beautiful wiring!

@midwayfair    kickin' ass Jon, bravo!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

mthibeau

Some of my latest pedals...

The green "O3″ = A Pearl Octave clone (Madbean Low Rider PCB)
The Orange = Orange Squeezer Compressor with external Bias control
The black with red devil = Okko Diablo Clone (A medium gain amp like distortion)
Black "FF" = Fuzz Factory clone with 9mm board mounted pots, used AC128 transistors
Gold "!" pedal = EP booster (Madbean Fat Pants on Vero)
Guvnor = Marshall Guvnor with clip mod switch (LED, none or silicone)
STC = Super Tone Control
Nuke pedal = Pinnacle clone (love this thing!)
Systech Harmonic Energizer clone
Ross Tan distortion
Tap Delay = Deep Blue Delay clone with Taptation mods for tap tempo and depth (really nice on the Deep Blue).