SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deeno

Thank you dough1203!!! :icon_cool:

duck_arse

I'm not going to post any more photos of my builds.

@smurf, have you searched for ticking lfo's hereabouts? it's probably the layout is the problem. nice pink box, though, I'm working one up at the moment .....
granny at the G next satdy.

smurfedelic smurfberry

Quote from: duck_arse on October 08, 2013, 10:25:37 AM
I'm not going to post any more photos of my builds.

@smurf, have you searched for ticking lfo's hereabouts? it's probably the layout is the problem. nice pink box, though, I'm working one up at the moment .....

No, I pretty much accepted it as it's a pretty rough sounding thing most of the time anyway. It definitely ticks a lot though, when you don't play it's like a metronome haha.

Would definitely be intrerested in creating a different LFO, but I suspect it's the Schmitt trigger.. However, I'm pretty sure I saw a thread where people tried to use other LFO's.

I'm going to build another one of these for myself, but without the LFO. I found that twiddling the pulse width knob sounded a lot more fun than the LFO, so I was thinking I'd dive into getting an expression pedal to work with it!
Hi! My name is Petter and I'm from Sweden. This is my blog: http://ptelectronics.tumblr.com

deeno

my Lovetone Big Cheese!!

deeno

And this is the Lovetone Brown Source  :icon_biggrin:

davent

Another nice one/two, looks great!

I'm sure i'm not the only one curious about the type of enclosure you've been showing us.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

deeno

thanks a lot davent!
This enclosure is made for me by a friend who works the metal.
I made an order of 50 boxes of 3 different sizes, all done on my specs ... I paid 15 euro each but are well worth the money!
I'm in Italy!

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: deeno on October 08, 2013, 01:49:13 PM
I made an order of 50 boxes of 3 different sizes, all done on my specs ... I paid 15 euro each but are well worth the money!

If you plan to sell them commercially, I would recommend a name change for the pedals. Just a tip  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

deeno

no no, it is not for commercial purposes, it's just fun!
I have sold a few, but only to friends  ::)
i will follow your tip anyway!

deadastronaut

@deeno:  cool builds, cool boxes too...nice. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: deeno on October 09, 2013, 02:48:36 AM
no no, it is not for commercial purposes, it's just fun!
I have sold a few, but only to friends  ::)
i will follow your tip anyway!

Sorry. Didn't mean to assert anything. I just saw that you had ordered 50 boxes and that is pretty large for hobby purposes.

BTW... very nice work on the Cheese/Brown Source pedals!!  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

danielzink

My Brown Source in a 1290:

ch1naski

It's been my experience that with some companies, you can't even mention that it's a clone or replica.....they freak out.
Mockingbird wish me luck.

danielzink

Had this PCB collecting dust for a couple years now.

1st Gen BYOC Mouse (Rat) in a 1290.

Finally got a minute to build it up. I really do love this circuit.

914's replaced with the requisite led's so his eyes light up ;)

metal can 308 IC for mojo.

I'm sure someone has used this graphic before...

Dan

peterg

Dan. Looks good! How did you finish the box and do the graphics?

danielzink

Quote from: peterg on October 09, 2013, 10:51:12 PM
Dan. Looks good! How did you finish the box and do the graphics?

Straight up Rust-Oleum and waterslide on top-more clear rust-oleum and done !

;D

garcho

'4x4' - ABCD switch box, with manual override in case you want two or more channels at once (like in the 3rd pic from the left), each channel has gain:

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Liquitone

Looking great and quite usefull garcho!
Those are great looking pedals Deeno. I agree with Govmnt Lacky it would be better to change the name , even if it's not for commercial purposes in the end it's much cooler to have your own name on the pedals in my opinion. I love the look of that Maestro though!

Here is a ROG flipster I build for a friend. He got stuck during the build of a Flipster kit inside a 19 inch rack and asked me to rebuild it.
It uses a relay for bypass switching and has an external footswitch connection.

garcho

Thanks for the kind words Kay!

That flipster looks great! Your p2p boards look gorgeous as always, I'm totally drooling  :P   I just started futzing with some rack builds, gonna have some fun...

Here's a link to the thread with schematic and etch if anyone wants. Warning, it was made in a hurry for a gig. It ain't pretty, but it's verified.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

ch1naski

Wow, I dig that abcd, and that flipster. Nice looming pcb, and p2p. Someday I'm doing my own amp.....SIGH
Mockingbird wish me luck.