News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liquitone

Thanks Garcho and Ch1nasky! Its not really an amp Ch1naski, but rather a FET pre-amp. It could have easily been build inside a stompbox, but the customer wanted it in the 19 inch rack.

ch1naski

Ultra Stoner (skreddy ?lady).
Built for the junior guitar player at home.

Guts.

Huge sound, versatile tone stack.
Mockingbird wish me luck.

Seven64

EA Parallel Universe vero build...

deadastronaut

all cool builds guys..

@kay:  love that rack...ive got to build a rack multi fx one day...i'd love to etch up the face plate too... 8) 8) 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

closetmonster.

Quote from: Seven64 on October 10, 2013, 11:35:30 PM
EA Parallel Universe vero build...

Nice looking build! Minimalistic, clean.

therealfindo

Some of my builds:

Zendrive with an AMZ mini-booster with an order switch:

A tap-trem from the UK-Electronic kit:

(just realised this is from before I added the multiplyer and waveform markers)

Also from a UK-Electronic kit, an optical compressor:

Here's a little bypass-looper:

This is a low-gain drive / booster (it's ExtraMicro.. cough cough) I made last week:

An here is my latest,Dead Astronaut's reverb which I finished this morning:

deadastronaut

^   \m/   :icon_twisted:  \m/

you added the wet/dry then 8)

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

therealfindo

Quote from: deadastronaut on October 11, 2013, 08:38:53 AM
^   \m/   :icon_twisted:  \m/

you added the wet/dry then 8)

I saw the holes on the pcb, so I didn't realise it was optional!  :icon_lol: But it's really useful, so I wouldn't ditch it. The volume pot, however... I can't see myself taking it below max\unity anytime soon. If I was to try and fit it in the 1590B box, I'd probably ditch it.. It's a really great sounding effect, thanks for sharing it! (plus, an excuse to put an astronaut on a box!)

therealfindo

Quote from: therealfindo on October 11, 2013, 11:13:22 AM
The volume pot, however... I can't see myself taking it below max\unity anytime soon.

I stand corrected.. was doing a bit of night-time noodling, and the volume pot got used, because I couldn't be bothered to go over and turn the amp down.. pedal is at the end of the chain, so did the trick  ;D

duck_arse

if you'd put the led just above the footswitch, the astronaut's jewels woulda lit up every second stomp.
granny at the G next satdy.

Jdansti

+1

Light up the Astronuts;D
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

GGBB

Blues King Overdrive - a modified Marshall Bluesbreaker and King of Tone clone in one pedal (toggle switch selects pedal).  Built as a birthday present for a friend.  I tried tinning the PCB this time - I'll need to work on that if I ever do it again.  The external presence control is rather useful - can brighten things up a touch without adding high-mids.  I changed the feedback loop caps to make it sound fatter so it is a fair bit beefier that the stock Bluesbreaker which some find too bright - that made a world of difference - I really like this pedal now so I'll have to build myself one.

• SUPPORTER

duck_arse

I have previously tinned boards by smearing a v thin film of bakers acid flux over the copper. then you only need to tin yr iron, and zoom it along the Cu, avoiding the greasy smoke, and it's done. after cleaning the waxy gunk it's done.

I'm not sure acid flux is "right" for pcb's though. anyone know?
granny at the G next satdy.

GGBB

Quote from: duck_arse on October 12, 2013, 11:44:01 AM
I have previously tinned boards by smearing a v thin film of bakers acid flux over the copper. then you only need to tin yr iron, and zoom it along the Cu, avoiding the greasy smoke, and it's done. after cleaning the waxy gunk it's done.

I'm not sure acid flux is "right" for pcb's though. anyone know?

"Acid" and PCB don't sound like a good mix to me - but I'm not in a position to say.   :-\

I did smear regular flux to start, but the problem I had was that I was putting too much solder down - I had to go over it all a few times with braid to get the excess off.  One lesson learned - many more to come.
  • SUPPORTER

pickdropper

No, you don't generally want acid flux for PCBs; that stuff is for plumbing.

I use RMA flux (Rosin Mildly Activated) for SMT boards all the time.  This should be fine, but I still wash it off when finished.

pickdropper

a recent pedal Madbean's modified Mutron III board.  It started raining as I was taking pics, thus the droplets in the photos.

VERY nice indeed.

Liquitone

Beautiful as always dave!

ch1naski

Those chicken head knobs look ace on that.
Mockingbird wish me luck.

ppcnostalgic

Hi guys, here's my last build. It's a Phase Shifter with many controls and two nice leds flashing in time with the effect' sweep. Based on the Rick Holt schematic, this one sounds warm and analog like the first 80's Phasing stompboxes ;-)