News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stallik

Beautifully done. Nice colour, great etch, tight but looks designed to fit
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Govmnt_Lacky

Gonna need tiny feet on that one!  :icon_eek:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

pickdropper

Size 13 feet.  :-)

No problems so far.  Time will tell....

glops

Quote from: nocentelli on December 26, 2013, 09:54:45 AM
Quote from: glops on December 25, 2013, 01:36:45 PM
Maestro Filter Sample and Hold etched from GGG.  All of the mods plus Mark Hammer's droop mod.

Superb! I'm breadboaring the FSH atm (third time lucky, perhaps) - could you possibly outline the mods and the parts you used?

It was a really tricky build. For the mods, I basically just did the Tonda mods listed with the General Guitar Gadgets build guide. I also added a rotary to add two resistors for the droop mod, which is crazy and awesome. Here's the thread:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=101605.msg897929#msg897929

In the future I would maybe leave out the up/down switching and just stick to down. With all of the extra mods, the controls have a limited range sometimes so it's hard at first to diagnose the circuit to see if it's working properly or not.

Also, on my build I socketed the jfets and most importantly the noise transistor. So, I guess it's good that you are breadboarding. When you test it just make sure you're good on your jfet pinouts and start popping in a bunch of different transistors for the noise transistor. Sometimes you find one that you think is perfect and then you find one that is better. I tested around 50 transistors and the best ones were BC108C's from an old radio. Sounded way better than the good 2N222's and 3904's.

I want to try Madbean's Sharkfin board, too, for comparison. It's such a cool effect by itself and gets insane with fuzz. Especially, the Filter with deep resonant settings, really thick and scary. Good luck, PM me if you have any questions!

noobamp

Quote from: duck_arse on December 25, 2013, 07:24:02 AM

@noob - I thought I had the tacky cloth covering market pretty well covered.

You def. do...I'm just playing second fiddle
nothing like the smell of hot Bovie in the morning....

Vallhagen

Heyo folks:)

This is my latest creation. I boiled down my breadboard experiments around thee 4049 IC and came up with this multifaceted but hopefully not unduly complex thing; ACE!

There is a lot of madbeans Mysterioso (Blackstone Appliances Mosfet OD) in here, but also addons and differences, as a tonstack based on Jack Ormans expanded Big Muff tone control, a diamonds-to-clubs switch and a control for the ride between hearts and spades... More colors:)

I need to play it in a louder environment on different amps (only bedroom playing so far), but if it turns out as good as i think, i guess i will make a batch of pcb-s for sale.

9mm Tayda pots in this one. No particuar reason to use them (in a BB box there sure is space for the common 16mm pots), i just felt like trying them out fo the first time. It turned out i find them convenient.

Horrible picture quality (rainy outdoors and dark indoors), but here we go:

Cheers!

kingswayguitar

like your switch wiring !

duck_arse

Quote from: pickdropper on December 26, 2013, 11:48:58 AM
Size 13 feet.  :-)

No problems so far.  Time will tell....

[text_smaller]it's not his feet that's too big, it's his hat size is the problem[/text_smaller]
granny at the G next satdy eh.

WholeLottaDimitri

I just finished up this amazing sounding BOX OF ROCK!

roseblood11

Quote from: kingswayguitar on December 27, 2013, 09:16:36 AM
That's the only thing that I don't like, because if the nut comes loose, the connection to the LED will break

kingswayguitar

Quote from: roseblood11 on December 28, 2013, 08:10:19 PM
That's the only thing that I don't like, because if the nut comes loose, the connection to the LED will break

hmmm
???
agreed
dunno how many boxes i've built where somewhere along the way i compromised structural integrity just to get it to work. i've gotta be the most delicate person with my stompbox. ironic since i've got an engineering background.
:icon_redface:

davent

Looks like the led just sits loose in the hole so would move freely with the switch if it were to loosen up... do people actually have problems with the switch nuts loosening up?

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Vallhagen

Thanx for comments guys:)

I see what you mean about the LED connection to the switch. It should not be a (big) problem though, as the LED isn't glued to the enclosure, and also, the LED cathode leg that connects to the switch is a bit bent to give enough strain relief. It will survive at least a few degrees of switch twisting.

Cheers

deadastronaut

Quote from: davent on December 28, 2013, 10:35:36 PM
Looks like the led just sits loose in the hole so would move freely with the switch if it were to loosen up... do people actually have problems with the switch nuts loosening up?

dave

nope, never...
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

duck_arse

you could always use a center punch to put a small divott, right on the edge of the footswitch hole, to catch the anti-rotate slot (seeing as they don't give us the washer thing needed for same, as you get on minature toggles, eg)
granny at the G next satdy eh.

kingswayguitar

Quote from: deadastronaut on December 29, 2013, 07:36:08 AM
Quote from: davent on December 28, 2013, 10:35:36 PM

dave

nope, never...

never stomp switches

Jdansti

Quote from: Vallhagen on December 29, 2013, 04:16:47 AM

Thanx for comments guys:)

I see what you mean about the LED connection to the switch. It should not be a (big) problem though, as the LED isn't glued to the enclosure, and also, the LED cathode leg that connects to the switch is a bit bent to give enough strain relief. It will survive at least a few degrees of switch twisting.

Cheers

Actually, the design is good because if the LED moves, you'll know your stomp switch is loose. It's a loose stomp switch indicator!  Good job!
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

deadastronaut

^ ahhh a glass half full kinda guy.. ;D
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Vallhagen

Quote from: Jdansti on December 29, 2013, 12:51:04 PM
It's a loose stomp switch indicator!  Good job!

Ah, did i just invent that!? Gotta use it in marketing!

peterg

An NPN germanium transistor Tone Bender: