SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeford

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 08, 2014, 10:15:52 AM
Quote from: mikeford on January 07, 2014, 08:40:03 PM
Dean Hazelwanter "DH" pitchshifter PCB from JDsleeps general guitar gadgets.  Got the HT8950 from SmallBear electronics.I had a hankerin' to get me a trapezoid Hammond box.Was my first wall wart pedal. (Ain't much room for a 9v battery in there anyhow!)

Mike,

What do you think of this circuit? When I built it, I could never get it to work right. Looked at a lot of different resources and found that the Vb set for the op amp was garbage. Were you able to find a solution?
Well, GL, I ordered the pcb from generalguitargadgets, A chip from Small Bear Electronics, gobbed up the parts n a pile and It worked. I will check my ol' filing cab and see if i git some notes jotted down. Seems to work!

mth5044

Quote from: darron on January 08, 2014, 04:31:41 AM

What's inside this guy? Can't be the Honey Psychedelic Machine, right?

bluebunny

Quote from: Hexjibber on January 08, 2014, 11:12:01 AM
That is the tits man!

I love it when you go all technical...   ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Jdansti

Here's my build of deadastronaut's Chasm Reverb:

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

darron

Quote from: mth5044 on January 08, 2014, 10:24:19 PM
What's inside this guy? Can't be the Honey Psychedelic Machine, right?

better ask him on his Facebook, i just helped with the enclosure then forgot about it for a month lol. dunno, sorry.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

deadastronaut

@john, very nice, classy looking, ...that envirotex is good stuff too, jim 'mustachio' sent me my 3rd prize of the mutron v...its ike glass on top. i'l have o try that stuff one day..

cheers jim. 8) 8) 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Jdansti

Thanks Rob. Yeah the Envirotex is pretty cool stuff. I've been looking around the house to see what else I can coat.  Maybe the wife will come home one day and find all of the furniture envirotexed!  ;)
  • SUPPORTER

bluebunny

Quote from: Jdansti on January 10, 2014, 08:11:30 AM
I've been looking around the house to see what else I can coat.

LOL.  At least you didn't say:

I've been looking around the house to see who else I can coat.

:D

Step away from the cat!!   :o
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER

kingswayguitar

nice pots john
you couldn't gimme a link to where you bought 'em??
thanks a million
:)

midwayfair

Love that graphic, John. :)
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

MrStab

i scored this POS for pennies in the basement of a music shop yesterday, and turned it into a buffered volume pedal with a voltage doubler, a tuner output, and an unnecessary VU meter. why not? lol

Recovered guitar player.
Electronics manufacturer.

therealfindo

Hemmel

Quote from: MrStab on January 10, 2014, 03:14:50 PM
i scored this POS for pennies in the basement of a music shop yesterday, and turned it into a buffered volume pedal with a voltage doubler, a tuner output, and an unnecessary VU meter. why not? lol

This is exactly the same volume pedal I used to turn into a wah. All I need to do now is figure out a way to drill under the toes to put a stomp switch to turn it on/off...
Bââââ.

glops

Here's a Roland Double Beat with a post footswitchable AMZ mini booster.

Bee Baa

MrStab

Quote from: Hemmel on January 10, 2014, 03:44:55 PM
This is exactly the same volume pedal I used to turn into a wah. All I need to do now is figure out a way to drill under the toes to put a stomp switch to turn it on/off...

upon searching for precedents, Bespeco enclosures seem surprisingly popular on this forum, which was reassuring. i still have zero faith in its reliability, though, seeing how i am a bit clumsy by nature and often have hair glued over my eyes by sweat when stumbling to my pedalboard lol. only time will tell, i guess.

i had briefly thought about something along the lines of an LED/LDR at either the heel or the toe for a less-destructive way of incorporating a switch, but i don't know if that would be practical. food for thought, maybe.
Recovered guitar player.

Jdansti

Quote from: kingswayguitar on January 10, 2014, 09:01:19 AM
nice pots john
you couldn't gimme a link to where you bought 'em??
thanks a million
:)

Thanks Ben. I ordered the pots from Tayda. Here's an example: http://www.taydaelectronics.com/potentiometer-variable-resistors/rotary-potentiometer/linear/100k-ohm-linear-taper-potentiometer-round-shaft-pcb-9mm.html

I should note that next time I use these 9mm pots, I'm going to cut small pieces of perf board to mount each one and solder the wires to the boards instead of directly to the pot terminals. They are pretty light gauge and close together.
  • SUPPORTER

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER

Jdansti

>...and an unnecessary VU meter. why not? lol

Unnecessarily very cool, Grant!   :)
  • SUPPORTER

MrStab

Recovered guitar player.