News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcode80

hammered finish rustoleum spraypaint, copper. it's pretty durable, especially baked. i actually painted the enclosure about 3 months ago, used to house an OD250, not a scratch yet!

enigmur

Pimped Vox V847 - Red Rocket (NPN Boost) - Ginger Muff (Germanium Axis Face)

V847 Gutshot

V847 Fasels

Off topic - G&L HB
Quote from: jlullo on May 02, 2007, 12:37:12 AM
i have to get my hands on some of your germs.  very soon.
Anywhere but here, that would seem odd...

rockgardenlove

What's the white Fasel?

enigmur

Its actually just the backs of the red and yellow, the flash kinda made it look like it is joined - theres actually a gap between the two.
Quote from: jlullo on May 02, 2007, 12:37:12 AM
i have to get my hands on some of your germs.  very soon.
Anywhere but here, that would seem odd...

bean

Here's a Smash Drive I built for a bass player. I added some LED clipping and a SWTC.

The Red Llama. This is a really great sounding one!

And the Thor.

Hanglow

Right, I'll get the embarrassment of my first pic out the way... This is my first ever attempt at anything approaching graphic design, I used GIMP. Took ages, not that you would know it.

This was supposed to be an RM Octavia on stripboard with a seperate Easyface. Except I forgot that they were different on the old grounding front...and also the Octavia I made didn't work and I couldn't fix it. So I made up a BYOC tycho octavia, and stuck that in with my Red Llama instead. You can get some filthy sounds out of this ;D I put on those cheap nobs for the minute, when I see some I like I'll fire that on instead. Of course it is mislabeled, but at least I know what the nobs do  :icon_redface:

Baziiil

Some of my builds
This's Guv'nor.I used plastic enclosure 'cause I can't find Hammond Boxes.I shied it with aluminium foil.Whatever.I used JRC4558D for OpAmp.In clipping stage there is LED 's and 1N4148 's

A Sansamp that I Build.I use New Layout.I coudnt find TLC2262CP.İnstead of it I use TL072.Souds great.Every DIYer must build it.

And I TS808 Build.The EQ switch Changes the value of the input cap.DIST swtich changes the type of diodes(actuallt LED's and 1N4148).The OpAmp is TL072.JRC4558 is little noisy

christobean

wow. everyones have been awesome the past few pages

Fuzzy-Train

Quote from: Hanglow on May 01, 2007, 12:17:06 PM

I guess it's pretty obvious that I think this is the greatest pedal ever made. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

QSQCaito

HAHAHA :P

Maybe you recognized that Hendrix pic..
D.A.C

Hanglow

;D It's a great pic of him.  I think he's eyeing up the Red Llama and thinking it would have quite a cool effect to have at his disposal

I thought it looks a bit cheesy, but that little design took more time and swear words than I care to mention, so I couldn't be bothered changing it once I had got that far.

Don't think I'll ever make it as a graphic design artist. :icon_mrgreen:

ambulancevoice

Quote from: Baziiil on May 01, 2007, 12:58:23 PM
Some of my builds
This's Guv'nor.I used plastic enclosure 'cause I can't find Hammond Boxes.I shied it with aluminium foil.Whatever.I used JRC4558D for OpAmp.In clipping stage there is LED 's and 1N4148 's

A Sansamp that I Build.I use New Layout.I coudnt find TLC2262CP.?nstead of it I use TL072.Souds great.Every DIYer must build it.

And I TS808 Build.The EQ switch Changes the value of the input cap.DIST swtich changes the type of diodes(actuallt LED's and 1N4148).The OpAmp is TL072.JRC4558 is little noisy

what are those red/black footswitches?
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

mattpocket

Built: LofoMofo, Dist+, Active AB Box, GGG 4 Channel Mixer, ROG Omega
On the Bench:Random Number Generator, ROG Multi-face, Speak & Spell
--------------------------------------------
My Pop-Punk Band - www.myspace.com/stashpocket

dano12

Finally got around to building a Rangemaster. OC44 from Smallbear.

And the little board:

jlullo

dano that is BEAUTIFUL

Baziiil

Quote from: ambulancevoice on May 02, 2007, 06:04:23 AM
what are those red/black footswitches?

The footswitches are TUNIK LK102.It's hard to find DPDT or 3PDT.For DPDT I use them.When you turn it on you can see the position of the switch so I didn't bulid milleium.

ambulancevoice

where do you get them?
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Baziiil

I found on a local component shop :).I can't order from net 'cause shipping costs too much to Turkey :)

remmelt

Well, here goes. My first box etch! I used MarkM's great tutorial. Here's the stinker: I used water soluble paint for the edges. I think it can work but you really need to wash off the acid every once in a while so it doesn't burn through. I wanted a nice deep etch so it went right through the paint in some spots. My design was super clean, the pedal being a clean boost (NPN boost, thanks Gus!), but it turned out rather dirty... Let's call it a lesson learned both in etching enclosures and in irony ;)
I ordered some wire over at Banzai and it's really way too thick. I had to cut off several copper strands and it was a real pain to build with. I'm ordering the thinner version next week. The layout really suffers, I think.
Also: it's tough to drill in exactly the right spot without a drill press. I need a drill press.
Also also: note the home made battery snap!

~arph

Hey that actually looks really nice! like it has been in the ground for a year and eaten by insects  :o