News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebunny

Quote from: Freppo on May 14, 2014, 06:42:29 AM
Thanks! I'm a vegetarian though, so I'll just pretend that it's a tofu-weenie  :icon_lol:

Don't worry.  Not much meat in a British banger... :icon_twisted:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

duck_arse

freppo, you must be about ready to tackle that other thread .....
"Bring on the nonsense".

smurfedelic smurfberry

Quote from: Freppo on May 13, 2014, 11:22:09 AM
I have just look through this thread from the beginning.. not joking. It took med two weeks lol
Very inspiring stuff! So many talented people. Makes you wanna try harder with your own builds.

Here are a few of mine that came out decent enough :)

Check out my building blog at http://www.parasitstudio.se for more pics, videos and soundclips

Cheers
/ Fredrik

Hejsan Fredrik och välkommen!

Nice, an Noise Ensemble, and so stylish!  I have had it in my plans forever to breadboard, and try out the noise bomb revisions i found in the noise ensemble thread in this forum.

I has blog too ;)
Hi! My name is Petter and I'm from Sweden. This is my blog: http://ptelectronics.tumblr.com

artemijs

Freppo

Quote from: smurfedelic smurfberry on May 14, 2014, 03:44:10 PM
Quote from: Freppo on May 13, 2014, 11:22:09 AM
I have just look through this thread from the beginning.. not joking. It took med two weeks lol
Very inspiring stuff! So many talented people. Makes you wanna try harder with your own builds.

Here are a few of mine that came out decent enough :)

Check out my building blog at http://www.parasitstudio.se for more pics, videos and soundclips

Cheers
/ Fredrik

Hejsan Fredrik och välkommen!

Nice, an Noise Ensemble, and so stylish!  I have had it in my plans forever to breadboard, and try out the noise bomb revisions i found in the noise ensemble thread in this forum.

I has blog too ;)

Thanks! :D I breadboarded the Noise Ensemble and played around with it.. but decided I liked the original version the best.
I love you blog, many cool wacky stuff! You say you're done with LM567, but have you built the Logan 5?  :icon_mrgreen:

cheers
/ Freppo
Check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

kwijibo

Quote from: free electron on May 13, 2014, 07:28:46 AM
Little handy bench tool i'm working on in testing:

Power Monitor

it's plugged between the power supply and the powered device, reads supply voltage, current consumption, power and shows it on a small OLED display. In addition you can set a current threshold (Ialarm), if your device draws more than that, it will beep. And blink (working on it). The current drawn by the circuit is often a very reliable indicator if there is something wrong.
Technically it is an INA219B high side current sensor + PIC24 + cheap 128x64 I2C OLED display from ebay. I designed the PCB to be more like a simple PIC24F16K101 dev board. There are pin headers for all comms (UART,SPI,I2C, software I2C for the display). The SPI header is also compatible with nokia 5110 display.
I'm still tweaking the software, adding more secondary features, like detection if the supply is plugged not in the right  jack, some blinking etc.
I really like these small OLED displays, the have such a great contrast even in strong light conditions (bench!).
The INA219 has a cool feature of averaging the taken measurements (up to 128 samples), which makes the readout quite stable.
I managed to calibrate the chip to be quite precise, here on the pic below: compared against Fluke87V:

Are the 5 digit readouts actually trustworthy or just for show?

garcho

Quotetell me please, how did you do that type of labeling?

I'm getting old...
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

deadastronaut

^ ha ha, yes WE are.... :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Mika

Will.mendil

My first attempt to a proper finish pedal. Thanks to bravos audio. Here's Trotsky. I made for y brother's birthday

I am still struggling with lacquer.

I am not going to show you inside this it is a mess but is works great.
Don't know what to do with a paritculare transistor? Check this website where stompbox pedals are listed by what transistors they use

http://scfxguide.wordpress.com/

kaycee

Quote from: storyboardist on May 13, 2014, 09:59:15 AM
Nothing crazy from me. Here's an NPN Tonebender MkII with Russian Mπ38a transistors and an external bias roller knob.

Close up of the roller knob. Just a cupcake knob that I cut the top off and painted black.

Oh! Thats such a neat idea, brilliant 8)

wildebelor

Quote from: Mika on May 16, 2014, 03:56:51 PM

Hey Mika,

How do you get your wire bends so neat and straight?
I can't think of anything funny just yet.

seadi123

Quote from: Will.mendil on May 16, 2014, 04:33:33 PM
My first attempt to a proper finish pedal. Thanks to bravos audio. Here's Trotsky. I made for y brother's birthday

I am still struggling with lacquer.
I am not going to show you inside this it is a mess but is works great.
It looks great . Is that a 1590b ? How did you do the graphics ?

Will.mendil

Yep it is. The buttons and bigger than normal. It is simple decal. But I noted two things first although you choose plains colour only black seems to be completely opaque. The other colours are transparent. Hence the. Yellow of Trotsky does not really show. And second I am rubbish with lacquer. It might not be clear on the picture but I need some serious training in order to get proper result. Training and time.
Don't know what to do with a paritculare transistor? Check this website where stompbox pedals are listed by what transistors they use

http://scfxguide.wordpress.com/

free electron

Quote from: kwijibo on May 15, 2014, 11:59:36 AM
Are the 5 digit readouts actually trustworthy or just for show?
The current measurement resolution is 50uA, which giving the range of 1A gives useable 5 digits in theory. In practice, after checking it against the 87V in hi-res more (4.5 digits) it's one digit less. Which is still OK for such a simple device. I will probably build a 2 or 3 such modules, each scaled for different current ranges, one for ultra low power stuff <10mA, the other for higher currents.
The bus voltage resolution is 4mV, power: 1mW
I have reformatted and organized the results displaying functions and the readout looks like this right now:

It beeps and flashes the measured current value if it's larger that the Ial value (switched off on the pic = pot set to max).

darron

Preamp box to split Rickenbacker pickups to two channels.

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

seadi123

Quote from: Will.mendil on May 16, 2014, 08:28:15 PM
Yep it is. The buttons and bigger than normal. It is simple decal. But I noted two things first although you choose plains colour only black seems to be completely opaque. The other colours are transparent. Hence the. Yellow of Trotsky does not really show. And second I am rubbish with lacquer. It might not be clear on the picture but I need some serious training in order to get proper result. Training and time.

The buttons make it look so small (good thing) . I dont think the lacquer looks bad . It looks aged and beat ut :D

deafbutpicky

@darron :

do you hear the sound of jaws droppin' ?

darron

Quote from: deafbutpicky on May 17, 2014, 03:20:39 PM
@darron :

do you hear the sound of jaws droppin' ?

ha! thanks.

my friend has a "rick-e-split" plastic box to do this passively. hopefully this beefs his rick up a little and fixes up the ground loop issues. he pretty much described every aspect of it to me to when i emailed him the photos yesterday he was thrilled.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

peterg

New label for an old pedal....