News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaycee

Nice work kyurie, like your attention to detail.

Focalized

A Muff with a light plate. And nice, thought out interior.
With the paint I used black hammertone while lightly mixing some silver matte.
Almost like a vein finish but not as textured.

An Octavia with the same two paints but with more silver. I want to make a decal sometime for it. Simple border and all.

deadastronaut

8)

nice colour/effect.. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Liquitone

Quote from: Kyurie on June 10, 2014, 03:23:52 PM
Hi! Here is some laser engraved enclosures

Looking great! I especially like the simple but elegant Boogiemouse. I'm getting curious about the guts now, and about the how the distortion would look with knobs installed.

edit; I just noticed your Mouse&amp thread. They look ook like high quality and well thought out builds. kudos!

Liquitone

Another Custom Stereo Vibe, this time in a wah shell. Surf green nitro finish and polished aluminium, knobs for depth and mono/stereo,
relay operated true bypass, momentary switch at the side for chorus/vibrato, cancel switch at the heel, indicator LED's for speed/cancel, bypass and chorus mode.
I was aiming for the look of old Fenders, Chevrolet Bel-Air's and Citroen DS's

Fender3D

Kay, your patience is just disarming.....

Watch out though, a tiny vampire bit it by the left LED...  :icon_mrgreen:
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

deadastronaut

@kay: that classic car look...very classy. 8) 8) 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

davent

Beautiful vibe!
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

LaceSensor

how does the momentary switch at the side change modes? Via a relay?
amazing build dude.

BLACK AUDIO

Liquitone: Amazing!!!  :o
Although I don´t use univibe anymore, it makes me want it  ;D

Liquitone

Thanks guys!
Yes, the momentary switch and a little relay driver circuit (the heat-shrink wrapped circuit with green wires next to the input jack) switches a relay for both channels of chorus/vibrato.
I chose momentary because it only needs a light tap from the side so the vibe won't bounce around too much, compared to when I would have used a latching switch.

Liquitone

Quote from: Fender3D on June 11, 2014, 01:08:40 PM
Kay, your patience is just disarming.....

Watch out though, a tiny vampire bit it by the left LED...  :icon_mrgreen:
haha, yeah I'm new to nitrocellulose laquer and still need to practice a bit more.
I got bubbles of spray-paint that would pull the layers underneath to the surface and cause small holes, perhaps because I used a too fine grit with the sanding.
when looked up very close you will see lots of little imperfections like these. I do admit I am pretty nervous about how the paint will hold up during use.

micromegas

Quote from: Liquitone on June 11, 2014, 12:54:23 PM
Another Custom Stereo Vibe, this time in a wah shell. Surf green nitro finish and polished aluminium, knobs for depth and mono/stereo,
relay operated true bypass, momentary switch at the side for chorus/vibrato, cancel switch at the heel, indicator LED's for speed/cancel, bypass and chorus mode.
I was aiming for the look of old Fenders, Chevrolet Bel-Air's and Citroen DS's

Wow!! You're now on my "if I had money..." pedal shopping list
Software Developer @ bela.io

momo

I'm not finished my neovibe, but I put the last touches on the enclosure.
It comes from a movie projector, I thought it was cool enough for my neovibe.
I originally wanted to put my torrodial transfo in there but will use it as a general power supply, so there is more room now in there. A bit big for some, but I love it!

"Alas to those who die with their song still in them."

Jdansti

^Cool retro look!
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

momo

Here is another done with projector parts, A Valvecaster, powered with 8 AA batteries and a Mullard 12au7..
Sounds nice and fat, not to bad in the low end with the 12v.

"Alas to those who die with their song still in them."

Focalized

That Vibe is pretty amazing.

How do concieve and progress building on that blue board? Do you pretty much draw up a new layout then build the tagboard to fit the space?

Liquitone

Awesome looking enclosures Momo! Can't wait to see that neovibe Finished.
I will make a tutorial today about the solder-pin board. Basically I design the layout in Coraldraw, where I've drawn all the parts and move them around a veroboard hole grid in correct measurements to know exactly beforehand if it will fit. Then I use veroboard as a drill template, and after drilling all the holes I cut the board to the right size.

pickdropper

The JPEG compression loses a little bit of the detail in the artwork, but here are pics anyway.  This is a collaborative effort between Madbean, Culturejam and me.

This is a collaborative effort between me, Forrest and Brian.

We are going to do a side pedal gig called 424 Studios that is going to do circuitboards and small runs of pedals that we feel like doing.  This a beer money type operation, so there won't be a formal business plan or anything like that.  It's the antithesis of what we are working on for Function f(x).  It'll also end being a central repository for the PCBs that Forrest and I release.  It won't affect Madbean Pedals in any way. 

Basically, we are going to do things that are fun and often sort of oddball. 

The first one is a take on a silicon Fuzz Rite.  We added a couple of toggle switches to change between the correct input and output caps and other values that make it a bit more usable (in our opinion).  In fact, we are calling the settings "Vintage/Useful."

The detail of the artwork gets lost a bit in the JPEG compression, but here are pics anyway: