Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadi123

This looks AWESOME !

karbomusic

karbomusic

Quote from: Jdansti on June 23, 2014, 12:36:58 AM
+1!

Thanks guys, really happy with the EnviroTex thus far!

Ripdivot

Quote from: karbomusic on June 23, 2014, 07:25:21 AM
Quote from: Jdansti on June 23, 2014, 12:36:58 AM
+1!

Thanks guys, really happy with the EnviroTex thus far!

I've used it many times and it looks great. The only problem I have is getting it to flow even on the sides. I always get runs and some bubbles on the sides. The top always looks awesome. Do you have any photos of the sides? What was your technique for using the envirotex?

davent

Quote from: peterg on June 22, 2014, 03:19:14 PM

Super pedal Peter! Great etch and attention to detail, symmetrical pcb layout, colour coordinating of wire with the board components, implimentation of controls...

What type of paint/(clearcoat?) are you using to achieve the flat luster, great look!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

karbomusic

Quote from: Ripdivot on June 23, 2014, 09:57:09 AM

I've used it many times and it looks great. The only problem I have is getting it to flow even on the sides. I always get runs and some bubbles on the sides. The top always looks awesome. Do you have any photos of the sides? What was your technique for using the envirotex?

Since it takes 3-5 hours to stop running and settling, I've been brushing the entire side every few minutes with a foam brush for the first hour then just around the bottom rim up until the last hour or so. That took care of 99% of the sides and I think I can get it even better if I get to know the timing better. The only thing now is getting it right around the holes for the jacks so two things I'm considering...

1. Brush the entire side longer, there should be a sweet spot timing wise I might be able to hit.
2. Drill the sides after the fact which I can do if I have to but would rather not.

karbomusic

oops double post.

peterg

Thanks all for the comments.

Dave - I used Rustoleum Flat and sanded it down to the lettering with 400 paper.

Jdansti

Quote from: karbomusic on June 23, 2014, 11:57:35 AM

Since it takes 3-5 hours to stop running and settling, I've been brushing the entire side every few minutes with a foam brush for the first hour then just around the bottom rim up until the last hour or so. That took care of 99% of the sides and I think I can get it even better if I get to know the timing better. The only thing now is getting it right around the holes for the jacks so two things I'm considering...

1. Brush the entire side longer, there should be a sweet spot timing wise I might be able to hit.
2. Drill the sides after the fact which I can do if I have to but would rather not.

Pretty much what I do on the sides. I use a small butane torch to get rid of bubbles. If you don't have one, you can try blowing on them. Just be careful not to stir up any dust that would stick to the epoxy.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Kyurie

The final photos of the Tube Distortion project. I hope that the customer (pretty girl) will be happy  :) Full hand wiring, true tube circuit and powder coated aluminium enclosure.

deadastronaut

awesome work..lucky Rita.  8) 8) 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Kyurie

Quote from: deadastronaut on June 23, 2014, 04:19:54 PM
awesome work..lucky Rita.  8) 8) 8)

Thanks a lot! I hope everything will be okay) I don't know, how the girl's angry pedal should look like :)

Jdansti

^Looks like you had an incentive to make an awsome looking pedal!    :D
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

karbomusic

Quote from: Jdansti on June 23, 2014, 12:54:29 PM
Quote from: karbomusic on June 23, 2014, 11:57:35 AM

Pretty much what I do on the sides. I use a small butane torch to get rid of bubbles. If you don't have one, you can try blowing on them. Just be careful not to stir up any dust that would stick to the epoxy.

Yea, I've been blowing but more like a very light breathing on it. It's amazing how those bubbles just disappear when the CO2 hits it.

^To the OP... That tube distortion is amazing, nice work.

diydave

Quote from: Kyurie on June 23, 2014, 04:03:47 PM
The final photos of the Tube Distortion project. I hope that the customer (pretty girl) will be happy  :) Full hand wiring, true tube circuit and powder coated aluminium enclosure.

Very nice. Inspiring.

Liquitone

Some pretty amazing builds these last few pages! A build like this will surely get you out of the friend-zone and into Rita's arms Kyuri! :P

Kyurie

^
QuoteTo the OP... That tube distortion is amazing, nice work.

Thanks!

QuoteVery nice. Inspiring.

Thanks!!

QuoteSome pretty amazing builds these last few pages! A build like this will surely get you out of the friend-zone and into Rita's arms Kyuri!

Thank you so much! That would be cool but I'm married  ::)

Liquitone

oh, ignore what I said then lol. It's nice to see the guts have the same quality and attention to detail as the enclosure, really great work!

hippo

Simply wonderful....

gena_p1

Quote from: Hexjibber on May 05, 2014, 04:56:14 PM
Madbean Faultline (Catalinbread SFT clone)

Box etched with NaOH / Caustic Soda

very impressive!