News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaycee

Quote from: fuzzmonger on February 02, 2015, 04:59:24 AMbig old washers around the stomper and the LED that totally aren't hiding chips.

:icon_lol: Yeah, been there and done that dodge too. Nice authentic vintage look to that build, I like it!

Fuzz Factory built on tagboard, or stripboard, or whatever this ol' stuff is called from the tagboard layout. First circuit I've built with this method, lots of fun.

vigilante397

Quote from: kaycee on February 03, 2015, 04:57:23 PM

Epic build. I've built a handful of fuzz factories but have always been too scared to try it on tagboard :P That LED though :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

Lovely.

Lovely.

Lovely.

Lovely.

Lovely.

Bloody hell!   :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deadastronaut

+1...Nice builds guys..

what the .... :icon_eek:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

cloudscapes

Quote from: apollomusicservice on February 03, 2015, 01:11:12 PM
THROTTLE overdrive. My custom work.

:icon_eek:

my eyeballs just fell outta my face
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Palealien

Damn, some mind blowing builds on these last few pages. My latest, a feedback looper, isn't nearly as cool looking as some of those.

I'm happy enough with it though, and it works great (if you can call being sonically assaulted 'great') with a germanium fuzz I built a while back.

And here's the Flickr link, for anyone who wants to view the image in a larger format.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24300722@N05/16463153526/

Ripdivot

Emma Reezafratzits in a Hammond 1590NSBK. Tried something different, took the enclosure to an engraver and had it "scratch engraved" which is basically a little CNC with a very small diamond bit.

vigilante397

Quote from: Palealien on February 10, 2015, 12:27:13 AM

THIS LOOKS AMAZING :icon_eek:

Quote from: Ripdivot on February 10, 2015, 12:59:14 AM

THIS ALSO LOOKS AMAZING :icon_eek:

YOU GUYS NEED TO CUT BACK A BIT :icon_eek: MY EYES HURT :icon_eek: FROM DOING THIS ALL THE TIME :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

midwayfair

My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Uoki-Toki

Schizo910

Damn, some mind blowing builds on these last few pages. My latest, a feedback looper, isn't nearly as cool looking as some of those.

I'm happy enough with it though, and it works great (if you can call being sonically assaulted 'great') with a germanium fuzz I built a while back.

Looks pretty for sure! But is there a reason why you'd put that potmeter so close to the footswitch?

MovingInSloMo

build number 4.. no wait 5!

A big muff op amp version for a fellow musician, pcb from guitar pcb

Palealien

Quote from: Schizo910 on February 12, 2015, 06:02:21 AM

Looks pretty for sure! But is there a reason why you'd put that potmeter so close to the footswitch?

You can put the pot placement down to both aesthetics and poor planning. It's not a huge deal for me with the way I use the pedal, but I'll definitely be putting all pots, toggles etc further from the stomp switch in future.

amptramp

Quote from: Palealien on February 13, 2015, 04:18:58 AM
You can put the pot placement down to both aesthetics and poor planning. It's not a huge deal for me with the way I use the pedal, but I'll definitely be putting all pots, toggles etc further from the stomp switch in future.

Actually, it looks better the way it is regardless of the not-so-utilitarian pot placement.  If the pot had been moved up, you would not have been able to get the crown and J logo on the top part.  I doubt the control would be used all that much or adjusted during a gig, so I wouldn't change a thing.

Luke51411

Quote from: Palealien on February 13, 2015, 04:18:58 AM

Aesthetics make us do odd things sometimes to just to get a certain look.  It does look great though!

midwayfair

Built for a very nice customer named Zach. He knew exactly what he wanted and had some very nice things to say about how it sounded.

I marked the trimpots for him in case he ever wants to change the gain structure ... the only real departure from the stock circuit is that I bias Q2 to 9V instead of 12V in the SD to mix up the symmetry of the distortion and to get a wee bit more drive available. I also marked the "help me I'm dying" spot at 6V, which gives it almost a tearing fuzz quality while still having the asymmetric distortion you get with the 12V bias.

Just in case anyone asks, yes, ROG got a cut. I pay my dues and you should, too ;)
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: midwayfair on February 13, 2015, 03:07:05 PM

That there bypass board you used. Is that a momentary switch or is it latching? I never understood using an optical bypass if you still get the switch CLICK.

Just in case anyone asks, yes, ROG got a cut. I pay my dues and you should, too ;)

I would think they would be OK for just 1 pedal though. Its not like you are mass producing and selling. Good on you though  ;)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

mikeford

Been a while,
Built a Tele, I will post it soon
Here is my FSH1.
I had the general guitar gadgets one, but that Tonda mod thingy was too good to pass up.
The case came from pedalenclosures.com not sure if he is still in the biz...
PCB was from Tonepad.
The knobs are surplus ALCO,( i think.)
The white washers need to be covered up with some chrome ones.
I have some old Bell switchboard jewel lamps and i will swap it out. You see them on ebay all the time and they are super cool/retro.
There is a LFO mod and a rate LED mod where you can ad another LED and there is a 7pin.ground w 1k resistor to that. I will work that out later, i hope
I loused this one up and had Scott lee debug it. He is at PAIA and if you get in a jam, for a nominal fee he will get the kinks worked out
No gut shots. pretty mundaine,I had single OP amps instead of the dual ones.LOL
!\Other side..........

mikeford