Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeford

NEVER drink n post!

vigilante397

Quote from: mikeford on February 13, 2015, 08:19:56 PM

Great looking build! If you don't mind my asking, where did you get that enclosure? 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

mth5044

Quote from: vigilante397 on February 13, 2015, 10:32:22 PM
Great looking build! If you don't mind my asking, where did you get that enclosure? 8)

Quote from: mikeford on February 13, 2015, 08:16:16 PM
The case came from pedalenclosures.com not sure if he is still in the biz...

mikeford

Sorry for the blur!Here are some of the old glass and steel Bell lamp jewel covers that were on the old switchboards. You may want these in your builds in place of that ol plastic or chrome one everybody uses. They are all over eBay.
.You can use a white LED or an extremely bright one of matching colour and i have used a blue LED in conjunction with the white ones to good effect!

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Fender3D

Well Nathan, that wasn't the only reply you didn't read...  :icon_mrgreen:

Quote from: mikeford on February 13, 2015, 08:20:41 PM
NEVER drink n post!
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

mth5044

Quote from: vigilante397 on February 14, 2015, 02:54:52 PM
Quote from: mth5044 on February 14, 2015, 09:52:35 AM
Quote from: mikeford on February 13, 2015, 08:16:16 PM
The case came from pedalenclosures.com not sure if he is still in the biz...

Well that's a little embarrassing :icon_redface:

:icon_lol: sorry, didn't mean to embarace. Just wanted to help.

vigilante397

Quote from: mth5044 on February 14, 2015, 04:42:16 PM
:icon_lol: sorry, didn't mean to embarace. Just wanted to help.

You have nothing to apologize for, completely my bad for not reading previous posts :P

Quote from: mikeford on February 13, 2015, 08:20:41 PM
NEVER drink n post!

I did see that one though ;D
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

pickdropper

My most controversial build so far....

Madbean's Dirtbaby board.  Graphic based on DaVinci's Vitruvian Man.  I tried to keep true to his original vision.  :icon_mrgreen:

deadastronaut

well he's certainly not shy... ;D

cool.. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

duck_arse

^ Mr Vitruvian seems to have "lost interest".
"Bring on the nonsense".

MovingInSloMo

Quote from: pickdropper on February 15, 2015, 09:45:59 AM
My most controversial build so far....

Madbean's Dirtbaby board.  Graphic based on DaVinci's Vitruvian Man.  I tried to keep true to his original vision.  :icon_mrgreen:

I was like what is is talking abou.. *scrolls* ohhhhh

the sad part is, these days when I hear "controversy" I associate it with some overblown media story

bluebunny

Quote from: duck_arse on February 15, 2015, 09:55:55 AM
^ Mr Vitruvian seems to have "lost interest".

If you play with the knobs enough, the switch goes up by itself.   :icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Perrow

My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

pickdropper

Quote from: MovingInSloMo on February 15, 2015, 11:00:30 AM

the sad part is, these days when I hear "controversy" I associate it with some overblown media story

Yeah, I was just joking around about the controversy part.  It's a simple, non-accurate representation of the anatomy shown in the original painting.  I haven't actually gotten any feedback from anybody that they were offended by it. 

Ice-9

Quote from: pickdropper on February 16, 2015, 12:25:07 PM
Quote from: MovingInSloMo on February 15, 2015, 11:00:30 AM

Yeah, I was just joking around about the controversy part.  It's a simple, non-accurate representation of the anatomy shown in the original painting.  I haven't actually gotten any feedback from anybody that they were offended by it. 

Haha, I hadn't even noticed the switch, erm knob position. I must admit I prefer the up position though.  :icon_redface:
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

bluebunny

Quote from: Ice-9 on February 16, 2015, 12:30:41 PM
I must admit I prefer the up position though.  :icon_redface:

It's your birthday.  You're allowed.   :D
  • SUPPORTER

bloxstompboxes

It's been damn cold out that last few days so the clear coat looks like crap but I like it. Please see my recommendations thread for some questions I have about it. I advise anyone who builds this to get the deeper enclosure that I think Steve has at smallbear. The voltage regulator sticks out proud of the bottom and I had to snap off the heatsink tab on it to get the bottom on and it still a very tight fit. Doesn't seem to get hot or hurt the regulator so far though.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=109551.msg1002329#msg1002329

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

vigilante397

Quote from: bloxstompboxes on February 17, 2015, 11:49:58 AM

Still a great-looking build inside and out! ;D It's been a while since I checked out the documentation for the Rebote 3.0, is there a reason you can't just use the 78L05 in the smaller package? that's what I always use on PT2399 and Belton builds.
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

Quote from: vigilante397 on February 17, 2015, 10:26:21 PM
is there a reason you can't just use the 78L05 in the smaller package?

Perhaps just to be on the safe side?  The PT2399 datasheet shows an "absolute maximum" current of 100mA - although only 30mA max for a given set of typical AC characteristics.  There's three PTs and a couple other chips to consider...
  • SUPPORTER